How do you not die so much as vindicator.

Redfeather.6401

24 minutes ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

Run the PvP version of Vindictor that’s on Metabattle with full marauders, fireworks runes and sigils of energy and stamina. 

you could also take Devastation 2/3/3 instead of retribution 1/3/3. Both are pretty strong and good in open world. 

I'll try that next. I am running half celestial and half marauder right now. I feel so frail and it's bothering me. It's not something I'm used to. It's even more bizarre as this is a heavy armour class.

edit: What build? I see two for pvp and neither of them sound right.

Edited by Redfeather.6401

Hmm yeah if you’re already running half marauder half cele your gear should be plenty tanky. 

Saint of Zu Heltzer is still really strong and should help quite a bit. Make good use of your Greatsword 4 Block as well, it sort of replaces the missing dodge. If you run steadfast rejuvenation and charged mists then hammers and impossible odds will provide some sustain as well. 

durability runes are a good choice too. 

Use the evade as best as you can. Typically if you want to safely get away after an evade, you want to use Reaver's Rage or Battle Dance, those are the most easy ways to avoid being mauled.

If you're fighting condition, be patient and let people use them before using Tree Song so that you get greatly rewarded and punish their spam on you.

If you have enough energy to use Tree Song then do get in the habit having Urn up since it can help mitigating a lot of damage, just make sure that you Drop the Urn first to get Boons and bonus healing from it then Cleanse. The speed boost from it really helps kitting while getting assaulted by conditions. Be always wary of Poison.

When you go on the offense, using Spear as bait is a good idea, you can always prompt players to evade for nothing then have spear follow up. Don't be afraid to use Scavenger Burst first and often either, the Quickness is much more useful than just leaping to someone right away.

To be honest, Reaver's Rage is one of the best skill since you get 6 seconds of Stability and 2 stacks minimum if you hit someone, allowing you to really hammer in damage while they're dazed.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

The Main Problem with the Survivability of the Vindicator at the moment is, that Selfish Spirit (Archemorus Healing Skill) only Heals 5 Ticks of 714 (Baseheal) instead of the intended 714 Health per Target Struck by Selfish Spirit.

Wich leads to a reduction of the Heal to 1/5 of its Potential and only getting ~3.100 Health instead of up to ~15.000 Health is a heavy cut in Survivability, for as long as the Heal-Skill isnt fixed.

Beside that, a lot of Survivability depends also on Positioning with this Class.

Edited by Lydradon.3087
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Lydradon.3087 said:

The Main Problem with the Survivability of the Vindicator at the moment is, that Selfish Spirit (Archemorus Healing Skill) only Heals 5 Ticks of 714 (Baseheal) instead of the intended 714 Health per Target Struck by Selfish Spirit.

Wich leads to a reduction of the Heal to 1/5 of its Potential and only getting ~3.100 Health instead of up to ~15.000 Health is a heavy cut in Survivability, for as long as the Heal-Skill isnt fixed.

Beside that, a lot of Survivability depends also on Positioning with this Class.

Yeah it's also not proccing battle scars despite the text saying it hits targets.

Here I was thinking that would have been another cool interaction, for more healing, since I assumed the skill hit multiple times, but it appears to not function like that atm.

I hope it gets fixed soon!

Haven't played a Vindy yet but if it has access to any kind of sustain then that's where I would look to improve survivability.

Pretty sure Revenant has great sustain access, but i'm not familiar enough with the class to know whether that sustain comes from their core abilities or their elite specs.
If it's core then Vindy should be able to take advantage of it.

If you are running some celestial, don't forget that alliance has blue skills too. They are actually quite helpful. Also, f2 is handy to get endurance back - make sure you use it when it is available and consume your existing endurance first. I run full Celestial plus rev runes, I can fight champions although lack of breakbar damage means it is a bit hard to get a free moment to do all out damage. I pair Alliance up with Legendary Dwarf. I use hammers plus the elite right after legend switch for some serious tanking, especially with the heal added. Also with Dwarf and Alliance, you get boat loads of stability. Again, only problem is lack of breakbar damage, you kind of are stuck there unless you equip staff.

Edited by nosleepdemon.1368
  • Like 1