Block of Tofu bug? [Merged]

as far as I can tell, the block of tofu is an "on kill" food and thus, will provide it's bonus upon a kill within a set time, not a set number of charge. I was on my vindicator(if the class helps) doing meta today and my block of tofu food buff keeps on turning into malnourished within seconds/minutes of consuming it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 4:07 AM, aceofbass.2163 said:

as far as I can tell, the block of tofu is an "on kill" food and thus, will provide it's bonus upon a kill within a set time, not a set number of charge. I was on my vindicator(if the class helps) doing meta today and my block of tofu food buff keeps on turning into malnourished within seconds/minutes of consuming it.

Indeed. Block of Tofu food is bugged the way you reported.

Edited by linamaria.1830

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, VoxCalypse.1689 said:

Can confirm this is happening exactly the same.  I was in fractal lobby, ate some tofu for the first time, it said 30 mins remain.  After one kill I saw it was showing malnourished, said 2 mins left.  Ate more and kept happening.  

So your saying that tofu is fast food? 😁

• Haha 1

After looking at it more, it seems that you get 30 mins once you eat the tofu, once you kill for the first time, you have 30 seconds of buff, which if you dont kill again within those 30 secs you lose the buff and the tofu also gets reduced to 2 mins.  I am not gonna be using it.  I can take losing the buff but not the timer on top.  Seems this is intended not a bug afterall.

• Sad 1

EOD was released Feb 28th. Block of Tofu worked for about a week and then it got bugged. It's been 2 1/2 months and ~13 updates since then...and it's still not fixed. The saddest part is it actually worked at EOD release. What a tease.

Any update? This would actually be a top tier DPS food if it worked...

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In WvW the "block of Tofu" food item only lasts for 2 minutes though the tool tip says it lasts 30 minutes.

Notice the tool tip time vs my clock in the top right corner. Only 2 minutes pass and already i'm malnourished. 😞

https://i.imgur.com/gGlT37g.jpg @10:46

https://i.imgur.com/MmEOsqA.jpg @10:48

https://i.imgur.com/L5VS4MN.jpg (nourishment 30m)

its free food that comes outta those wvw chests but i noticed last week this occured as well.

Edited by Kelly.7019

On 8/27/2022 at 6:38 PM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I guess the devs prefer meat.

With the Arby's promotion it's all becoming clear. Anet is sneakily placing anti-vegetarian propaganda into the game. A few blocks of tofu? Pathetic! You'll be hungry again after just 30 seconds! What you need is some Ascended STEAK from ARBY'S! (we have the meats®)

• Like 1