WvW roaming builds for untamed?

Joshewwah.2956

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAEJlZwWZssQGKOeXrRtS+RaA-zVRYBBPHVsyIzUo3KwuB-w

This is the build I've been playing around with in wvw for roaming. I find it to be a little complicated but I think it offers good survivability and damage. 

Both weapons offer a lot of synergy with 2 handed training, remorseless, and attack of opportunity. For instance you can be in unleash ranger mode: hammer 5 > hammer 2. This combo gives opening strike as when you get fury you grant yourself opening strike.

or you can be in unleash pet mode: hammer 5 > unleash ranger > hammer 2. Where this combo gives potentially attack of opportunity, and opening strike. Because two handed training gives fury when you crowd control you'll get fury in this case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAEJlZwWZssQGKOeXrRtS+RaA-zVRYBBPHVsyIzUo3KwuB-w

This is the build I've been playing around with in wvw for roaming. I find it to be a little complicated but I think it offers good survivability and damage. 

Both weapons offer a lot of synergy with 2 handed training, remorseless, and attack of opportunity. For instance you can be in unleash ranger mode: hammer 5 > hammer 2. This combo gives opening strike as when you get fury you grant yourself opening strike.

or you can be in unleash pet mode: hammer 5 > unleash ranger > hammer 2. Where this combo gives potentially attack of opportunity, and opening strike. Because two handed training gives fury when you crowd control you'll get fury in this case.

Can you use a longbow with this build?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joshewwah.2956 said:

Of course! Experiment with whatever you feel comfortable with. You can swap out the hammer for a longbow. You can switch drake to anything you want. Or you can swap out utility.

But you probably want to keep smokescale for the smoke field.

5 hours ago, Connla Dda.9407 said:

Gandara style regen bot. With mostly Crusaider stats Axe/WH + GS:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEE6MsMDGGblFyQxk7aPqWi9fD-zVRYBRNCLMcnnRFqgYmCi4DEwe41IhzIA-w

Used also with succeses in PvP - Avatar amulet + Dwayna rune. Enjoy!

Looks fun! Been trying to find a sustainable power build.

Will test later but is signet of renewal like a last ditch skill? I feel like your pet will insta die if you use for condi transfer unless you do it then immediately swap pets. 

In WvW pet will die non the less with group of enemies bigger than 5 in matter of seconds. Signet of renewal heals on top of regeneration for over 100 points per second (which is not overwhelming comparing to lets say Warrior signet healing for 400-500 easy), and is usefull against condi heavy roamers. It is skill to be replaced by "refreshed" spirit providing protection or regeneration after June 2022 spirit and banner changes by Arena Net.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:29 PM, Joshewwah.2956 said:

Longbow is amazing and since you have access to so much super speed and cooldown reduction you weapon swap spam barrage twice then weapon swap to repeat all in the space of 10-15 seconds.

13 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Super speed or quickness?

You technically run both, I use Quickening Zephyr and Nature's Binding. Normally I can get a few Barrages off then run off with either quickness application + Forest's Fortification and if I might die a quick Perilous Gift (the heal) is amazing.

Its really a Zerg build but you have a bit of survivability for roaming if your initial rapid fire doesn't down someone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

You technically run both, I use Quickening Zephyr and Nature's Binding. Normally I can get a few Barrages off then run off with either quickness application + Forest's Fortification and if I might die a quick Perilous Gift (the heal) is amazing.

Its really a Zerg build but you have a bit of survivability for roaming if your initial rapid fire doesn't down someone.

You said you had so much access to super speed, that’s why I was confused as to whether you meant quickness… because 1 15s cooldown trait for super speed isn’t exactly a lot lol

• Like 1

Just now, Abyssisis.3971 said:

You said you had so much access to super speed, that’s why I was confused as to whether you meant quickness… because 1 15s cooldown trait for super speed isn’t exactly a lot lol

Well I'm not sprinting around the map with it but I have 3 super speed applications which is very handy when trying to keep up with a zerg while barraging periodically. You have 19 seconds in total if you add them all up. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well I'm not sprinting around the map with it but I have 3 super speed applications which is very handy when trying to keep up with a zerg while barraging periodically. You have 19 seconds in total if you add them all up. 

How do you have 3 applications of it? Traited pet swap, QZ, and?

23 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

How do you have 3 applications of it? Traited pet swap, QZ, and?

Yeah you got it:

Perilous Gift +3 seconds

Quickening Zephyr +6 seconds

Forest's Fortification +6 seconds

15 seconds total 

You could trait survival for more but honestly it would have such a long cooldown if your pet died so not really worth it.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1

For roaming in WvW, I am using almost the same build as the one in sPVP.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAENlZwWZssQmLOeXrR1Sk+cA-zVIYRUxfIZqA6VK0yIQDHgA2DPA-w

I am using Jacaranda instead of River Drake, because usually I am playing with my friends (a group of 4 or 5) and we are fighting vs groups of 4-5. And Jacaranda atm is the pet with the highest damage, even that damage is for static target or for a small area. Most of the fights in roaming with group vs group are pretty close/melee combat, and Jacaranda is doing a great job in this kind of fight. Another bonus is when an enemy is downed, to be sure that he will not be revive, is to strike with Jacaranda on him. Many times at least 2 enemies who tried to ress the downed one, fall too, due to the huge damage of Call Lightning.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:20 AM, Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

For roaming in WvW, I am using almost the same build as the one in sPVP.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAENlZwWZssQmLOeXrR1Sk+cA-zVIYRUxfIZqA6VK0yIQDHgA2DPA-w

I am using Jacaranda instead of River Drake, because usually I am playing with my friends (a group of 4 or 5) and we are fighting vs groups of 4-5. And Jacaranda atm is the pet with the highest damage, even that damage is for static target or for a small area. Most of the fights in roaming with group vs group are pretty close/melee combat, and Jacaranda is doing a great job in this kind of fight. Another bonus is when an enemy is downed, to be sure that he will not be revive, is to strike with Jacaranda on him. Many times at least 2 enemies who tried to ress the downed one, fall too, due to the huge damage of Call Lightning.

Would sic em work with jacaranda? Idk if jacaranda is better than smokescale or jaguar

On 4/14/2022 at 2:13 AM, Joshewwah.2956 said:

Would sic em work with jacaranda? Idk if jacaranda is better than smokescale or jaguar

Jacaranda is good if and only if it or you can manage to stop someone from moving- it hits very hard, but it doesn't adjust its aim. It's a ground targeted skill that does the good damage, and smokescale hits things more consistently.

Probably go for gs/longbow

Marksmanship 3 3 2

Beastmastery 3 2 2

Untamed 2 2 3

Mix of berserker marauder

Smokescale river drake

Rune of your choice choice

Command heal, teleport, command stunbreak, cantrip condi stunbreak, cantrip elite.

It's basically the pvp version that boyce runs.

It should work for wvw as well, you have longbow which is golden for roaming, and you have the wombo combo with tail swipe to try oneshot people similar to mesmer, not easy to pull off but satysfing.

Or just go celestial and for sure will work.

• Haha 1