Alternative path for PVE Legendary Armor

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

Some people think they are special and Anet should change it just for them. 

Very true. For many people, I think this must be their first video game. They do not realize how common it is for developers to put rewards behind different types of content to incentivize people to do said content.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Suinz.5968 said:

Very true. For many people, I think this must be their first video game. They do not realize how common it is for developers to put rewards behind different types of content to incentivize people to do said content.

true, but like someone said already, it's been 5-6 years, clearly not working

5 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Some people think they are special and Anet should change it just for them. 

if by special you mean the 95% of the playerbase who dont raid, sure...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Clearly that worked and is why Raids are played and loved by the community.

They are played. But if you don’t like raids, there are two other ways to get legendary armor. I got two of my legendary armor sets in WvW and the third in PvP. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Clearly that worked and is why Raids are played and loved by the community.

They are played and loved by the community. Albeit a small section of the community. A small section that is very passionate and gives the rest of the PvE playerbase their meta builds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 6

Just now, Peterson.5172 said:

true, but like someone said already, it's been 5-6 years, clearly not working

if by special you mean the 95% of the playerbase who dont raid, sure...

No I did not mean 95% of the player base or do you see the 95% complaining here? I meant the handful of people here in this thread … 

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, Suinz.5968 said:

A small section that is very passionate and gives the rest of the PvE playerbase their meta builds.

Oh no, how would i be able to play and enjoy OW without meta-builds, Anet please start develop new raids, without meta-builds we're nothing.

• Haha 11
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

Oh no, how would i be able to play and enjoy OW without meta-builds, Anet please start develop new raids, without meta-builds we're nothing.

Maybe with a meta build you wouldn’t have problems in open world content. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 7

7 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

No I did not mean 95% of the player base or do you see the 95% complaining here? I meant the handful of people here in this thread … 

i also dont see the other 5% defending raid exlusivity like it's their life except for the handful here...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Rinagal.9235 said:

I mean...DE proved that most OW players are nothing without meta builds. lmao 

But yeah, for the most part OW is brain-dead easy. I'm not sure why you took my comment to mean that most of OW requires meta builds. I am saying that the raiding community is full of the most passionate players in the entire game. The players that make the profession guides and encounter guides for people like you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

28 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Maybe with a meta build you wouldn’t have problems in open world content. 

I would like to see how you will solo mushroom HP in TD with your precious meta-builds from snowcrows or discretise.

25 minutes ago, Suinz.5968 said:

I mean...DE proved that most OW players are nothing without meta builds. lmao 

DE proves many players lack basic knowledge on game mechanics and on how stat combinations, skills, traits and gear upgrades synergise between each other. In most cases because they weren't very interested in those aspects of the game or/and didn't had to figure it out, not because making decent build is some rocket science.

25 minutes ago, Suinz.5968 said:

I'm not sure why you took my comment to mean that most of OW requires meta builds.

35 minutes ago, Suinz.5968 said:

and gives the rest of the PvE playerbase their meta builds.

Indeed, why?

Edited by Rinagal.9235
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Peterson.5172 said:

i also dont see the other 5% defending raid exlusivity like it's their life except for the handful here...

Where did I write that? I am not defending anything. I just don’t like this spoiled attitude that some think they just have to complain long enough to get everything their way. While the rest of us is doing what is required 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

28 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh yes, it's very useful, which is why a lot of players want it. Wanting it for being useful however is not the same as needing it. Notice, though, how you've just pointed out that you find it useful in content other than raids. Why, then, would you think some other people might not also find it useful in content other than raids?

Yes, I use it in content other than Raids, like Fractals and WvW, none of those is open world. In OW I just use a DPS build, there isn't much to fine tune there.

30 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If anything, making the armor set available for OW players might help with giving them a chance to experiment with builds more than they already do (because regearing might be easy for raiders, but is definitely a massive pain for OW players). Considering the amount of posts more hardcore players make about how they would want OW players to run better builds, it would seem to be a good goal to aim for, wouldn't it?

I'm gonna be a bit blunt here, but, do you really think giving everyone Legendary gear would make them experiment with their builds and even run better builds? There are so many sources for builds already, I highly doubt Legendary gear would magically make people run better builds.
Legendary armor is not a finger snap, all it takes to get a decent Power DPS build is to buy 6 pieces of Zerk armor like two weapons, if you go with the bare minimum, no sigils and whatever runes you get with the armor you can do it in maybe 10 gold. A single piece of Legendary right now is ~300 gold minimum(T2 PvP), in order to make an OW set fair for everyone you'd have to price it higher.
If made cheaper or the same price then Anet just gave a big middle finger to WvW/PvP and Raids.

My whole point is that people who want the utility and stuff of Legendary gear, but don't want to Raid can get it through WvW or PvP.
If Legendary equipment for OW would be successful then more people had Vision and Aurora, two Legendary items that require OW only. 

Making LI tradable would make more sense than making separate Legendary armor for OW.
You make Legendary armor require effort you get people complaining about the difficulty of some requirements, like with the Siege Turtle, or complaining about the amount you need of Thing X. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

30 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I'm gonna be a bit blunt here, but, do you really think giving everyone Legendary gear would make them experiment with their builds and even run better builds? There are so many sources for builds already, I highly doubt Legendary gear would magically make people run better builds.
Legendary armor is not a finger snap, all it takes to get a decent Power DPS build is to buy 6 pieces of Zerk armor like two weapons, if you go with the bare minimum, no sigils and whatever runes you get with the armor you can do it in maybe 10 gold. A single piece of Legendary right now is ~300 gold minimum(T2 PvP), in order to make an OW set fair for everyone you'd have to price it higher.
If made cheaper or the same price then Anet just gave a big middle finger to WvW/PvP and Raids.

My whole point is that people who want the utility and stuff of Legendary gear, but don't want to Raid can get it through WvW or PvP.
If Legendary equipment for OW would be successful then more people had Vision and Aurora, two Legendary items that require OW only. 

Making LI tradable would make more sense than making separate Legendary armor for OW.
You make Legendary armor require effort you get people complaining about the difficulty of some requirements, like with the Siege Turtle, or complaining about the amount you need of Thing X. 

Experiment, yes. Better builds probably not.

Though it would add a long term goal. I've seen a whole bunch of players drop off due to not having anything to do anymore. Specifically, nothing they are interested in anymore. The conclusion wasn't to start raiding or playing pvp modes. But to stop playing. Legendary armor accessible outside of that content might have prevented that. Which would have been a net positive for everyone who likes this game. 

Also, fun fact. According to gw2 efficiency about 20% more people own Aurora than Legendary armor. More than 20% of people who started legendary armor (envoy I) never finished. Only 6% of people who started aurora didn't finish yet. 5% of people who started Vision have not finished yet.

So Vision and Aurora have the highest completion rate of any legendary I could find (once started, how many did complete it). Aurora has the second highest ownership rate. Only surpassed by Ad Infinitum. And Vision is just behind Legendary armor around place 4 -or 5. Despite being available for 2.5 years less and despite both trinkets being significantly less useful than legendary armor. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

Experiment, yes. Better builds probably not.

Though it would add a long term goal. I've seen a whole bunch of players drop off due to not having anything to do anymore. Specifically, nothing they are interested in anymore. The conclusion wasn't to start raiding or playing pvp modes. But to stop playing. Legendary armor accessible outside of that content might have prevented that. Which would have been a net positive for everyone who likes this game. 

Also, fun fact. According to gw2 efficiency about 20% more people own Aurora than Legendary armor. More than 20% of people who started legendary armor (envoy I) never finished. Only 6% of people who started aurora didn't finish yet. 5% of people who started Vision have not finished yet.

So Vision and Aurora have the highest completion rate of any legendary I could find (once started, how many did complete it). Aurora has the second highest ownership rate. Only surpassed by Ad Infinitum. And Vision is just behind Legendary armor around place 4 -or 5. Despite being available for 2.5 years less and despite both trinkets being significantly less useful than legendary armor. 

How are trinkets less useful then armor it can be used on all 9 classes instead of 3.

Making it more useful not less.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

How are trinkets less useful then armor it can be used on all 9 classes instead of 3.

Making it more useful not less.

Free rune slotting is huge. They have a larger impact on stats. 

Ascended trinkets are fairly easy to farm whereas ascended armor is still quite expensive. 

The overall utility you get is significantly higher from legendary armor. Especially considering most players have a main to run OW content with. The heavy char swapping mostly becomes a thing in instanced or PvP content. So the limitation you bring up here is less impactful for that group of players as well.

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

Free rune slotting is huge. They have a larger impact on stats. 

Ascended trinkets are fairly easy to farm whereas ascended armor is still quite expensive. 

The overall utility you get is significantly higher from legendary armor. Especially considering most players have a main to run OW content with. The heavy char swapping mostly becomes a thing in instanced or PvP content. So the limitation you bring up here is less impactful for that group of players as well.

Ascended armor is not really difficult to get, you get more than enough ascended armor boxes by playing fractals. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 5
  • Confused 5

11 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

So make a set that has the same price and and time requirement as PvP + WvWvW , for people that don't to play PvP .

And if they want to get faster a Legendary set (half the time) , they can try the Raidone

LI should be NEVER be made tradable , because its a currency that is hard to get and in return halves the time needed to get the set   . Otherwise  we will have threads about P2W and legitimatizing Raid Sellers  instead of banning them ,  from the 95%

edit:Legendary Armor  can be like like random 2-3 effects , like the newlyShadow-tonic that makes into a Black-2sword -Skeleton guy , and with each expanion new "forms" can be "hunt down" (kill the same type of enemy , over and over or kill the megaboss?) to be  unlocked

edit:that happens only in combat , or combat + low HP , or if you can maintain 10xstacks of Might

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Yep, I'm surely toxic by talking about why Legendary armor in OW would make no sense. Insulting others surely isn't toxic, right?

You're not talking about why Legendary armor in OW would "make no sense". You are talking how it would not be useful to you, personally, because you happen to want to run only one build in that content.

• Like 7
  • Confused 6

10 hours ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

These topics are so funny😂

https://imgur.com/a/X5jzJII

"Nope. Legendaries are not even mandatory for playing. Stay as they are.

You want the legendaries? work hard for them either by learning to play raids or by working hard IRL and buying those sellings"

Maybe its time to adopt the WoW + FF14  treatment  ? 😛

There many Sus , in this Among us game😛

edit: There could be a policy that allows 2 previous expansion to be be sold freely services  , because they old . If they want to boycot and play the long game , its their choice and instead  focus on creating a new Set now and resuing the old , once again  in 4 years .

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You're not talking about why Legendary armor in OW would "make no sense". You are talking how it would not be useful to you, personally, because you happen to want to run only one build in that content.

Have you read where I talked about how giving OW players Legendary armor won't make them suddenly experiment with builds and make better builds while also mentioning how Aurora and Vision aren't that common despite being fully OW Legendaries mentioning how the current cheapest Legendary - heavy chest - armor piece is ~300g?
Or you're just conveniently ignoring that part?

I don't care if someone wants Legendary armor, but when people say "give us a new method of getting it" noone really seems to account for just how much you need for a single Leggy armor piece already. That's why I said the "X is too hard Anet nerf" line.

Each gamemode's Legendary is gated by a resource, LI, Skirmish Tickets, Ascended Shards of Glory. OW would need something gating it, because otherwise you could undermine WvW/PvP Legendaries as those are just skins turned Legendary armor.
On top of that you need Gifts, this material, that material, so on. 

Erise mentioned a few comments before how - based on GW2Efficiency - ~18% more people finished Aurora II than Envoy II and 33% more finished Envoy II than Vision II. 
As a comparison - still using GW2Efficiency - 51% more finished the DE meta once than Vision II and ~5% less finished the DE meta than Aurora II.

As I said, there isn't any point in OW Legendary armor when the interest is so low in those Trinkets already.

• Like 6
  • Confused 9

10 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Have you read where I talked about how giving OW players Legendary armor won't make them suddenly experiment with builds and make better builds while also mentioning how Aurora and Vision aren't that common despite being fully OW Legendaries mentioning how the current cheapest Legendary - heavy chest - armor piece is ~300g?
Or you're just conveniently ignoring that part?

I don't care if someone wants Legendary armor, but when people say "give us a new method of getting it" noone really seems to account for just how much you need for a single Leggy armor piece already. That's why I said the "X is too hard Anet nerf" line.

Each gamemode's Legendary is gated by a resource, LI, Skirmish Tickets, Ascended Shards of Glory. OW would need something gating it, because otherwise you could undermine WvW/PvP Legendaries as those are just skins turned Legendary armor.
On top of that you need Gifts, this material, that material, so on. 

Erise mentioned a few comments before how - based on GW2Efficiency - ~18% more people finished Aurora II than Envoy II and 33% more finished Envoy II than Vision II. 
As a comparison - still using GW2Efficiency - 51% more finished the DE meta once than Vision II and ~5% less finished the DE meta than Aurora II.

As I said, there isn't any point in OW Legendary armor when the interest is so low in those Trinkets already.

I still don't see , why they shouldn't implant one  , for open PvE .

Its not like by creating one , suddenly the casual will go "gtfo with those elitism gear , away from my game mode"

Some will go for it , others won't and these threads will stop poping up  where they keep dividing  our community.

If 20% of the population has Aurora, then there is 20% that also wants some Legendary Gear ?

Hot is gone..behind a paywal..

Most likely Cm strikes (only) will change it's name in the future

(if they are going to choose to increase the scope , of these 3x scalable version of the personal instance and put mob/mechanics that normaly you wouldn't see past their design ideas )

• Like 7
  • Confused 4