There a build for good sustain and damage?(openworld)

CritikalMoist.7216

I totally forgot to add open world to this

Sounds like a stupid question but I actually haven't a clue
(I have warrior, revenant, necro, guardian, and thief) I tried daredevil w/ staff and idk if I was doing something wrong but it felt like low damage, same with warrior I haven't a clue if I'm doing something wrong
so far I have a condition renegade with full vipers and would putting trail blazer and dire on instead of viper work better? as in more sustain

Also I've been trying this  https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Condi_Firebrand  and would it work the same as condi renegade but just with fire?
(edit)Ok been thinking about it and I think my problem is trying to find a build for everything but not sure if thats 100% the problem

Edited by CritikalMoist.7216

21 minutes ago, CritikalMoist.7216 said:

(I have warrior, revenant, necro, guardian, and thief) I tried daredevil w/ staff and idk if I was doing something wrong but it felt like low damage, same with warrior I haven't a clue if I'm doing something wrong
so far I have a condition renegade with full vipers and would putting trail blazer and dire on instead of viper work better? as in more sustain

Also I've been trying this  https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Condi_Firebrand  and would it work the same as condi renegade but just with fire?
(edit)Ok been thinking about it and I think my problem is trying to find a build for everything but not sure if thats 100% the problem

Im going to get bashed on the head for this but Condi Virtuoso has great sustain even if people say otherwise. 

What makes good sustain is being able to deal with any type of enemy rather than the builds itself. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CritikalMoist.7216 said:

If you look for good sustain and damage, then i think necro is the answer. 

Scourge specifically. 

Harbinger can have good sustain too tho. 

Scourge has more sustain than harbinger but less damage. 

Harbinger has more damage than scourge but less sustain. 

They both have good damage and sustain tho. 

• Like 1

• CritikalMoist.7216 changed the title to There a build for good sustain and damage?(openworld)
28 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Im going to get bashed on the head for this but Condi Virtuoso has great sustain even if people say otherwise. 

What makes good sustain is being able to deal with any type of enemy rather than the builds itself. 

Condi Virtuoso actually doesn't seem bad honestly I'll have to buy another character slot and make a mesmer

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

If you look for good sustain and damage, then i think necro is the answer. 

Scourge specifically. 

Harbinger can have good sustain too tho. 

Scourge has more sustain than harbinger but less damage. 

Harbinger has more damage than scourge but less sustain. 

They both have good damage and sustain tho. 

Necromancer is general is amazing due to the flexibility of damage output. Much like mesmer you have a resource you can expend to deal more damage which in turn allows you increase your sustain. 

A good point to make sustain comes not from a good rotation but being able to be flexible within it. Take Soulbeast, it has one of highest burst with the sic em rotation but at any point during the rotation your enemies dies or you get interrupted your dps will fall through the floor. 

Same thing can be said for most warrior builds and to some extent firebrand suffers from this problem too. 

Edited by Mell.4873

I would say that most classes have a good DPS/Sustain build for OW. At this point the question is what secondary things do you want to do? Like, if you want to boon strip? Do you want massive CC? Do you want offensive team support?

Of all the six classes I'm completing in OW content, they all have good DPS/sustain options. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

You can have solid damage and sustain with any class in open world.  It just depends on the build and play style you're looking for.  Even the eternal downstate meme elementalist can achieve surprisingly strong passive defense and still deal excellent damage in solo play.

Here's a great example of that.  Weaver soloing Balthazar HP at 18k DPS without dodging or using any active healing and while maintaining 85%+ health for the entire fight.

For things like soloing champs you want to be on something like Celestial or Traiblazer if you are a condi spec.

If you’re just killing regular mobs, Viper’s is best cuz you kill them fast.

PS: if you aim at having a high survivability build for open world, my suggestion is to gear either a Necro (core or Scourge) or Staff Mirage. Mobs won’t kill you even if they try.

Edited by Ombras.2853