Dragon hunters

JunkJunk.8971

What is the general feeling towards them from PvP community?   I just came back for the expansion last month. And now getting ready for the new PVP season and I was thinking of kicking the tires on a dragon hunter. I’m interested in how viable they are in today’s PVP landscape

• Like 1

Dragon Hunters usually are glass cannons that heavily rely on Stealth from Superior Runes of the Trapper.

But I think Willbender is stronger at the moment, since Arenanet powercrept this version of Guardian recently.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Dragon Hunters usually are glass cannons that heavily rely on Stealth from Superior Runes of the Trapper.

But I think Willbender is stronger at the moment, since Arenanet powercrept this version of Guardian recently.

Glass Cannon? Uhm...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Something can be defined glass cannon also if it has low defence compared to the standards, and dh does have very much less defence than most, if not every, semi-competitive for ranked sPvp.

It dies pretty quickly if he gets trained or revealed, and outside of his elite his defenses are lackluster

Edited by gianpiede.7294
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, gianpiede.7294 said:

Something can be defined glass cannon also if it has low defence compared to the standards, and dh does have very much less defence than most, if not every, semi-competitive for ranked sPvp.

It dies pretty quickly if he gets trained or revealed, and outside of his elite his defenses are lackluster

In a pug is still one of the most kittenous builds to fight, and people will get farmed by it and you can't do nothing about it.

You can tell them to target it, but as soon it goes stealth everyone gets stupid and forget the dh exist and it's devastating.

Of course in high level play it's pretty bad because people know how to deal with it, but given how low the population is, you will be matched with new players and lower ranks anyway. So trap dh is in a very good spot regardless.

Also a very weird thing happened yesterday.

When I play dh and put my traps, if an enemy walks into it and trigger them I insta get revealed because of the damage.

Last night I was fighting a dh casting his traps under my feet without getting revealed even tho I triggered them and took damage, and he appeared at the end of the stealth, can anyone explain why?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Valkyrie Dragon Hunters 20k hp 5~9 k true shot .

9K crit dealt to soulbeast is just ok. Also Valkyrie/intelligence dependence (I assume) is probably not the best idea for this playstyle.

I agree with those saying 11k DH is not a true glass cannon. It has much cleanse, blocks, lots of stealth and heavy armor. Now, the last may not change much but it definitely helps.
Compare it to glass berserker, glass chrono or glass freshair - the OG glass cannons in pvp. It is miles ahead in terms of defences, miles.

Before someone jumps on me or gets confused - I don’t think DH is overpowered, it is quite clunky at the end of the day imho. But it is not a pure glass at all.

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Thanks 1