Entangle

Infinity.2876

15 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Literally everyone except for all the people I've encountered that don't? This must be a really sore subject for people if you're getting all defensive over a comment than in no way stated that the current state of entangling vines was ok. Salt levels so high that you don't understand the meaning of "literally". 😄

New pvp players, maybe. Nobody that's actually fought a Ranger more than twice thinks they can't be destroyed. You got defensive, not me. 

• Confused 2

You can teleport out, it can be blocked, and blinds also make Entangle behave weirdly (have had it work after a blind and other times blind nullifies it outright).  

There's also resistance and stability boons to stop it.

Before Harbinger only necros got caught in it--but now Harb has stability access, so I don't know who outside of noobs get caught in Entangle.  I see a lot of evidence here of people getting caught after CC chain, but you would have died after CC chain no matter what.  

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You can teleport out, it can be blocked, and blinds also make Entangle behave weirdly (have had it work after a blind and other times blind nullifies it outright).  

There's also resistance and stability boons to stop it.

Before Harbinger only necros got caught in it--but now Harb has stability access, so I don't know who outside of noobs get caught in Entangle.  I see a lot of evidence here of people getting caught after CC chain, but you would have died after CC chain no matter what.  

Stability does not stop Entangle. 

7 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Stability does not stop Entangle. 

Ah, right; Doylak stance does and forgot that it removes immobile in addition to adding stability.

In that line of thought, there are a lot of traits that remove immobilize to begin with.  I still question who gets caught in it anymore without being chained.  

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Ah, right; Doylak stance does and forgot that it removes immobile in addition to adding stability.

I don't have any opinion on entangle beyond what's stated here, but it's kind of surreal to me that someone's experience on the game could lead them to the conclusion that stability by default removes immobilize.

Like, I have to read toolbars and have three wiki pages open to know what animations I need to avoid on class x and y. I think I'm actually more upset at that, than I am at entangle objectively. 

Like, that means every time you've been in a situation where you've needed to avoid immobilize, for the entirety of your gameplay, you also had stability on you or had some other cc protection running at the same time, like a stunbreak. That's wild. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I don't have any opinion on entangle beyond what's stated here, but it's kind of surreal to me that someone's experience on the game could lead them to the conclusion that stability by default removes immobilize.

Like, I have to read toolbars and have three wiki pages open to know what animations I need to avoid on class x and y. I think I'm actually more upset at that, than I am at entangle objectively. 

Like, that means every time you've been in a situation where you've needed to avoid immobilize, for the entirety of your gameplay, you also had stability on you or had some other cc protection running at the same time, like a stunbreak. That's wild. 

I'm a ranger, so yes? You have off the top of my head, Lightning Reflexes which removes it, Dolyak stance, Vine Surge, etc. etc. 

May just be ranger bias as the only pissing and moaning going on about immobs always revolves around ranger, and ranger just happens to have the most ways (seemingly) to remove it.

You also didn't state any opinions here about Entangle--the majority of the topic seems to think it is OP, so if you share that opinion may need a 4th wiki page open for ways to remove immob (as there are a kittenload of them).  

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You also didn't state any opinions here about Entangle--the majority of the topic seems to think it is OP, so if you share that opinion may need a 4th wiki page open for ways to remove immob (as there are a kittenload of them).  

My opinion is that everyone should have to open at least one wiki page. 

21 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Yes! Please read them, I desperately add all sorts of important notes to make skills easier to understand...

There are so many useful (or just neat) things added to the notes. You can actually learn a lot about how classes work just from reading.

49 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Wish granted...

Let's all read the wiki so no more of these topics pop up:

Entangle - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Will also put a link for stability, so some can get educated on the whole three ways ranger had access to it prior to Untamed:

Stability - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

28 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

So how is Entangled an unblockable if…

”Despite the tooltip, the initial attack of skill can be blocked, and if it is blocked, the vines won't be spawned on the blocking foe.”

The wiki is wrong on this. Entangle is and always has been unblockable.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:51 PM, Infinity.2876 said:

Entangle is kind of gross especially if you get stun and entangled you're pretty much dead meat.

Is there any way to avoid it? It isn't very telegraphed and very frustrating.

If I am not wrong Sigil of escape on one weapon set should save you becauseit removes immob, chill, cripple and all condis that has to do with your movement penalised.

Also depending on your profession, many of them has at least a stunbreak which removed Immob or something similar (rev shiro stunbreak, willbender F2, ranger lightning reflexes etc.). 

Also usually cleanses in general save you 80% of the times.

12 hours ago, myun.6395 said:

If I am not wrong Sigil of escape on one weapon set should save you becauseit removes immob, chill, cripple and all condis that has to do with your movement penalised.

Also depending on your profession, many of them has at least a stunbreak which removed Immob or something similar (rev shiro stunbreak, willbender F2, ranger lightning reflexes etc.). 

Also usually cleanses in general save you 80% of the times.

Condi cleanse is an absolute necessity when your in spvp 

soulbeast bear stance saves lives I honestly don't understand why you would want whao instead.

Edited by Infinity.2876

20 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

So how is Entangled an unblockable if…

”Despite the tooltip, the initial attack of skill can be blocked, and if it is blocked, the vines won't be spawned on the blocking foe.”

It specifies the initial attack, aka the part that spawns the vines. If that part is blocked/evaded by Aegis/Shield Stance/etc. It'll just not spawn the vines. The actual vines themselves (the object spawned that pulses immobilize) is not blockable.

3 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

It specifies the initial attack, aka the part that spawns the vines. If that part is blocked/evaded by Aegis/Shield Stance/etc. It'll just not spawn the vines. The actual vines themselves (the object spawned that pulses immobilize) is not blockable.

So it’s not unblockable then…

• Like 1