Righteous Instincts BUFFED Trapper Guard

Trapper runes got buffed, and trapper guard got buffed, lmao what a world we live in.

And before a DH fan jumps on me, no one cares if the build is broken or not, it's a really toxic gameplay to deal against, there are really good reasons (and now even more) on why guardian shouldn't have access to stealth.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3

On 5/3/2022 at 7:02 AM, Zizekent.2398 said:

Trapper runes got buffed, and trapper guard got buffed, lmao what a world we live in.

And before a DH fan jumps on me, no one cares if the build is broken or not, it's a really toxic gameplay to fight, there are really good reasons (and now even more) on why guardian shouldn't have access to stealth.

This is so true, it should just give superspeed or reduce both duration to 1 second.

I don't care if it's bad build at high level competition.

The big chunk of the population left is placed from g1 to g3, that's why top players are constantly matched with gold ones.

Right now guard has 3 kitten specs viable in spvp, 2 are meta (core sup and willy) and 1 it's great for ranking.

Meanwhile ele players have a semi decent outclassed support spec, a niche new eod spec and nothing more, or warriors forced to play that obnoxious shout spam class that serves no purpose in this meta.

I'm so tired of the blue class being the special child in every gamemode in every meta in every season.

Really hope they are collecting good ideas for reworks for the upcoming big june patch.

Edited by myun.6395
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, myun.6395 said:

Really hope they are collecting good ideas for reworks for the upcoming big june patch.

They probably are.

And then they use the ideas from other professions' subforums to improve the blue and the green love children, as they usually do.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

emm, i think trapper dh is fine. it's fun and not op.

probably one of the better range build among others of the same category, like untamed, deadeye, shortbow shiro etc.

i don't have much problem when fighting it.

i do notice a lot of teammate die to it for no reason tho.

personally would not support the nerf of anything, unless it's clearly overperforming like willbender/untamed, which DH is obviously not. why nerf a build that's playable fun and not overperforming?

i'm the supporter of bringing others to the same diversity as the blue class and not the opposite

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

And before a DH fan jumps on me, no one cares if the build is broken or not, it's a really toxic gameplay to fight, there are really good reasons (and now even more) on why guardian shouldn't have access to stealth.

as a guardian main and a DH fan i actually agree.. guard shouldn't have access to stealth much less superspeed.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It's giving Stealth, where it doesn't belong. That automatically makes the rune not fine.

How so it doesnt belong? DH is a hunter type that uses longbow and traps, i don't see how stealth wouldn't fit thematically.

i guess you guys' problem is that trapper is build defining while other builds' runes are simply boosters? even with trapper rune right now the build is just a mid tier build that excels at noob stomping.

as a warrior, i've often felt victim of getting nerfed for it being too effective in mid-low tier and getting cried all day in the forum and get nerfed or have fun tool removed without it being anywhere close to meta. so there's that.

also DH gameplay is way too predictable even with stealth, there's definitely a long list of toxic gameplay before this one that need to be handled

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Lighter.5631 said:

How so it doesnt belong? DH is a hunter type that uses longbow and traps, i don't see how stealth wouldn't fit thematically.

i guess you guys' problem is that trapper is build defining while other builds' runes are simply boosters? even with trapper rune right now the build is just a mid tier build that excels at noob stomping.

as a warrior, i've often felt victim of getting nerfed for it being too effective in mid-low tier and getting cried all day in the forum and get nerfed or have fun tool removed without it being anywhere close to meta. so there's that.

also DH gameplay is way too predictable even with stealth, there's definitely a long list of toxic gameplay before this one that need to be handled

Maybe on your list, but removing the rune has been near the top of many other players lists for a long time. It gives way too much utility, and now the necessity arguments don't hold water.

Edited by lightstalker.1498
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

Righteous instincts buffed every guard spec lol 

I still rather fight a Trapper DH than a Willbender anyday, at least you can easily disengage from DH and it's traps. Willbender now feels like a bulky lightspeed-meatgrinder, so much sustain, damage and mobility... it can be extremely annoying to deal with. The scariest spec in sPvP right now, for suuure 🥵 I hope they can balance it properly in the next patches, it was garbage on release, but right now it's a godly spec lol It deserves to be good, but it's so hard to counter right now that fighting it feels unfair sometimes

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It's giving Stealth, where it doesn't belong. That automatically makes the rune not fine.

I made the same argument two years back, but that ship kinda sailed. Engineer now has an 1200 range shadowstep, ranger interrupt-spams with hammer, willbenders chase down fleeing thieves... class strenghts and weaknesses are getting way too blurred. 

The only valid argument left against trapper rune is that you can get too much value out of it. Compare it to something like
Rune_of_Resistance_(PvP), for some reason 4 seconds of resistance needs a 45 second ICD, while 3 seconds of stealth AND superspeed does not. 

• Like 4

On 5/4/2022 at 3:12 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

class strenghts and weaknesses are getting way too blurred.

If that was done across the board, instead of Warrior being walled off more and more with almost every patch, it'd be marginally acceptable.

It feels like Arenanet is actively putting effort into turning sPvP into a worse joke every time they touch it. It's as if they want people to stop participating in that mode.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

On 5/4/2022 at 9:12 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

I made the same argument two years back, but that ship kinda sailed. Engineer now has an 1200 range shadowstep, ranger interrupt-spams with hammer, willbenders chase down fleeing thieves... class strenghts and weaknesses are getting way too blurred. 

The only valid argument left against trapper rune is that you can get too much value out of it. Compare it to something like
Rune_of_Resistance_(PvP), for some reason 4 seconds of resistance needs a 45 second ICD, while 3 seconds of stealth AND superspeed does not. 

^ this dude dangerous on willbender!!! better wish he's on your team. had fun in unranked, we rezzed each other lol but he got highest dmg a few games in a row. this was a few days back before season started. Idk, was fun. I Q'd solo, all randoms but similar names

On 5/4/2022 at 9:10 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

If that was done across the board, instead of Warrior being walled off more and more with almost every patch, it'd be marginally acceptable.

It feels like Arenanet is actively putting effort into turning sPvP into a worse joke every time they touch it. It's as if they want people to stop participating in that mode.

Warrior has amazing diversity! 

We have so many options!

• Core (power) 
  • Zerk (Power and Condi) 
  • SB (power) 
  • Weeb sworn (Power) 

🙃