[Suggestions ] Just listen to this guy

21 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Yes, please, ignore the fact that legendary weapons have been there longer (by several years), are significantly easier to obtain, and are much flashier.

Someone already made the calculation proving you wrong here. Besides, how convenient for you to ingore, for example, Aurora, which is definitely neither older nor easier to obtain,and yet more people have it than any piece of legendary armor.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Someone already made the calculation proving you wrong here. Besides, how convenient for you to ingore, for example, Aurora, which is definitely neither older nor easier to obtain,and yet more people have it than any piece of legendary armor.

Aurora can be used by every character and it is flashier than legendary armor and not difficult to get. 
But this thread is not about legendary armor, is it? There are already enough threads about that. So maybe you should stop making every discussion about that. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 10

23 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I've been proven wrong?
Which claim in particular has been proven wrong? And how?

12% of the GW2E population has Prismatic Champion's Regalia. Do parse that into your claims.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

3 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

This is the Classic reaction  indeed. This community got so small that everyone kind of expect others to know the game well as there are not that many newcomers. No new ideas/opinions are really welcome apart from the status quo of players who still play this game daily.

I think many points teapot raises are valid though. He may be biased indeed but he’s not talking 100% b.s!t. It’s sad to see new players are just shut down like this here.

Edit: I know everyone know teapot here, but this player clearly just found out about him and it’s ok. It doesn’t deserve the reactions he got.

I think what it really shows is just the communities reaction to Teapot, at this point the best thing he could do for the game, is to take himself and his guild to WoW and stop playing gw2 entirely, game would most likely see a lot of improvements if he did that. Spam completing DE so that Anet can say incorrect meaningless figures so they don't need to nerf a meta that has been in the patch notes a thousand times already was not helpful to every players game experience. DE needed one massive nerf at launch and that would have been that, instead Anet chose the path that cost them thousands of players and revenue to please the 1%. 

The sheer fact that they needed to almost instantly reveal future plans, next incoming content, change the fight bit by bit by bit constantly and also give the Turtle through other means is already very telling that the majority is upset with how GW2 is currently. If not they'd not have done any of that - not once have they ever listened to feedback. Essentially because of people like Teapot, who want the game to die and who actively tries to make the game worse. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

52 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Essentially because of people like Teapot, who want the game to die and who actively tries to make the game worse. 

Teapot wants the game to die? Wow, you got proof for that? Did he actually say that? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

I think what it really shows is just the communities reaction to Teapot, at this point the best thing he could do for the game, is to take himself and his guild to WoW and stop playing gw2 entirely, game would most likely see a lot of improvements if he did that. Spam completing DE so that Anet can say incorrect meaningless figures so they don't need to nerf a meta that has been in the patch notes a thousand times already was not helpful to every players game experience. DE needed one massive nerf at launch and that would have been that, instead Anet chose the path that cost them thousands of players and revenue to please the 1%. 

The sheer fact that they needed to almost instantly reveal future plans, next incoming content, change the fight bit by bit by bit constantly and also give the Turtle through other means is already very telling that the majority is upset with how GW2 is currently. If not they'd not have done any of that - not once have they ever listened to feedback. Essentially because of people like Teapot, who want the game to die and who actively tries to make the game worse. 

There's really no need for attacks like this. I disagree with plenty of his opinions and if ANet were to blindly listen to every single one of his suggestions I would not enjoy this game after only a few patches.

But he very much doesn't want the game to die. He is one of the most passionate, energetic and active cheerleaders for the game.

I think you give Teapot too much credit for influence over the course of the game and assume active malice when there's  no indication of that being the case.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

I've been proven wrong?
Which claim in particular has been proven wrong? And how?

12% of the GW2E population has Prismatic Champion's Regalia. Do parse that into your claims.

There's very easy to find and clear counterexamples to all your points. Armor has the lowest adoption rate for the duration it exists, it's price and the associated time investment. The only meaningful difference is having it only accessible through 3 WvW, PvP or raids. As well as subjective reasons like "not wanting armor" or "not caring about legendary QoL and only doing it for skins". Claims that are easy to make but that do not have a source.

The reason it was brought up in the first place was due to the generalized claim that players who don't get armor via the current methods are inherently lazy and it would be impossible to implement a valid acquisition method. However, the data suggests that other acquisition methods increase adoption rates and that there is a sizable audience who would be interested. 

So the statement appears to be an unfounded generalization meant to attack the character of all players who prefer non hardcore content.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

You may like him and his opinions or not, we all have opinions. But his disappearance will not prevent the death of this game, it is already in progress because the devs don’t care about balance outside of making sure the new specs sell the expansions.

if anything he’s the last big gw2 streamer standing, it says a lot

• Haha 3
  • Confused 9

9 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Besides, how convenient for you to ingore, for example, Aurora, which is definitely neither older nor easier to obtain,and yet more people have it than any piece of legendary armor.

This is a falsehood.

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.search=aurora

Aurora sitting at 13.3%

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.search=farsight

For comparison the "new" Vision sitting at 8.5%

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.search=refined

Raid armor alone sitting at 11.1%

And that is just raid armor. These 11% are without PvP and WvW armor.

It is fair to assume that these two modes combined make up more then the missing 2.2% between Legendary armor and aurora.

Edit:https://imgur.com/gallery/MUPVBm7

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

3 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

Teapot wants the game to die? Wow, you got proof for that? Did he actually say that? 

I appears as this community actually believed he’s a sociopath and masochist. He spends all his days streaming that game and apparently he wants to destroy it. If you try to reason why you get slammed with confused reactions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

16 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

I appears as this community actually believed he’s a sociopath and masochist. He spends all his days streaming that game and apparently he wants to destroy it. If you try to reason why you get slammed with confused reactions.

They are just toxic and hate a streamer because he is not a casual player. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, Mik.3401 said:

will not prevent the death of this game, it is already in progress

Every game is on the way to it's death from the moment it is released.
"Imminent death of the game predicted. film at 11". 😉

Looking at the quarterly revenues the game is actually not dying. Q4/2019 (2019 was the year of the massive layoffs) was bad and after the HoT release (Q2/2016-Q2-2017) it was bad and revenue was steadily going down. But 2020 and 2021 were not that bad. Sure, Covid-19 helped. But it was not the only reason.

1 hour ago, Mik.3401 said:

because the devs don’t care about balance outside of making sure the new specs sell the expansions.

I agree, the devs are/were not very good at balancing all classes and especs. I think this is the main reason why the eSports scene left GW2 several years ago so Anet had to cancel their eSports ambitions. But balancing is only a small part of the game and it is most important in the competitive modes sPvP and WvW.

If (I don't know if it happens) the game revenues would drop in the next quarters the reason would be EoD and all the decisions and content that is (not) included in EoD - including how Anet made and delivered the DE meta. But not because of bad balancing that already happens for a long time and revenues did not drop in the last 2 years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zok.4956 said:

Every game is on the way to it's death from the moment it is released.
"Imminent death of the game predicted. film at 11". 😉

Looking at the quarterly revenues the game is actually not dying. Q4/2019 (2019 was the year of the massive layoffs) was bad and after the HoT release (Q2/2016-Q2-2017) it was bad and revenue was steadily going down. But 2020 and 2021 were not that bad. Sure, Covid-19 helped. But it was not the only reason.

I agree, the devs are/were not very good at balancing all classes and especs. I think this is the main reason why the eSports scene left GW2 several years ago so Anet had to cancel their eSports ambitions. But balancing is only a small part of the game and it is most important in the competitive modes sPvP and WvW.

If (I don't know if it happens) the game revenues would drop in the next quarters the reason would be EoD and all the decisions and content that is (not) included in EoD - including how Anet made and delivered the DE meta. But not because of bad balancing that already happens for a long time and revenues did not drop in the last 2 years.

We agree the game dies regardless as any game. The weak help only speeds it up imho though. But I still don’t know how one streamer kills the game by playing and streaming it. Devs listen to him? Their decision/their loss. Would the game pick up after he disappears though?  Of course not. And that’s my point which everyone find confusing

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

13 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

This is a falsehood.

Aurora sitting at 13.3%

Vision sitting at 8.5%

And that is just raid armor. These number exclude PvP and WvW armor.

It is fair to assume that these mode combined make up  more then the missing 2.2% as Raid armor is the hardest to get into.

What about the weapons ? Don't people like to collect stuff ?

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

What about the weapons ? Don't people like to collect stuff ?

Well that's not the point of the threat. I'm just posting facts because I don't like it when people lie to others or honestly probably themselves to justify their selfish interest. 

Like teapot when he convinced himself increasing the gold per hour in Raids is good for the game mode as a whole instead of only being good for him and his friends who have it on farm.

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

14 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

This is a falsehood.

Aurora sitting at 13.3%

For comparison the "new" Vision sitting at 8.5%

And that is just raid armor. These 11% are without PvP and WvW armor.

It is fair to assume that these two modes combined make up more then the missing 2.2% between Legendary armor and aurora.

GW2efficiency only provides statistics based on accounts that have the relevant parts of their API linked to an account on GW2efficiency. Thus, the statistics only relate to a subset of the player population, and the stats are likely to be biased. It's not possible to use GW2efficiency as the accurate basis for making any claims about the proportion of players who have certain items. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

GW2efficiency only provides statistics based on accounts that have the relevant parts of their API linked to an account on GW2efficiency. Thus, the statistics only relate to a subset of the player population, and the stats are likely to be biased. It's not possible to use GW2efficiency as the accurate basis for making any claims about the proportion of players who have certain items. 

This is indeed true. But the person making the wrong claim in the first place did use GW2efficiency as their basis or had no basis at at all. All I did was correct them. My only mistake was citing my sources:). Why do you feel the need to criticize my correction? Instead of the people who not only started using GW2efficiency numbers for their argument, but also made some mistake along the way.
The Person I was responding to stated a falsehood. If we give them the benefit of the doubt they still stated an unprovable opinion as fact to win an argument.

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

We are comparing apples to apples. Your comment amounts to "we can never know", and is not useful in a discussion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

20 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

You may like him and his opinions or not, we all have opinions. But his disappearance will not prevent the death of this game, it is already in progress because the devs don’t care about balance outside of making sure the new specs sell the expansions.

if anything he’s the last big gw2 streamer standing, it says a lot

I'd say that's probally Mukluk, he's the only one i'd watch if I did watch - though really the gw2 streaming/video scene is indeed rather small/dead. Hizen gets by for sure on meme's and excellent builds. But Mucluk for sure would be the games biggest (And best) face

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, The Boz.2038 said:

We are comparing apples to apples. Your comment amounts to "we can never know", and is not useful in a discussion.

Any discussion where people pull stats out of either thin air or a biased sample is not useful.

If, by comparing apples to apples, you're comparing one biased set of percentages to another biased set of percentages, that's not a discussion. That's people making stuff up to suit their agenda.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

I'd say that's probally Mukluk, he's the only one i'd watch if I did watch - though really the gw2 streaming/video scene is indeed rather small/dead. Hizen gets by for sure on meme's and excellent builds. But Mucluk for sure would be the games biggest (And best) face

You still haven’t provided a source for your claim that Teapot wants the game to die. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Vallun is another one who goes through builds, and why certain traits/stats are important. There are other, smaller, content creators who are also putting out good videos with good content. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2