I don't know how to win in this meta

How to win in this game, I don't understand...

All I see are necromancers and guards. Sometimes I see rangers 

Does everyone have to switch to them now? Where's the balance? A few years ago in the ranked arena, I could easily play mesmer and influence the victory. Now my mesmer or my elementalist can't affect anything in the match because a habinger or a wilbender makes me useless.

Why can't the developers see that some of the new specializations are terribly unbalanced?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, koralinaLAIN.3892 said:

How to win in this game, I don't understand...

All I see are necromancers and guards. Sometimes I see rangers 

Does everyone have to switch to them now? Where's the balance? A few years ago in the ranked arena, I could easily play mesmer and influence the victory. Now my mesmer or my elementalist can't affect anything in the match because a habinger or a wilbender makes me useless.

Why can't the developers see that some of the new specializations are terribly unbalanced?

because they are a sellingpoint for EoD.

• Like 1

I just knew willbender will get busted sooner or later. Basically it does what power herald does but at 20% the effort. Just keeping the guardian mains (the majority of gw2 population) happy and willing to buy the expac

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

Я просто знал, что Уиллбендера рано или поздно арестуют. По сути, он делает то же, что и Power Herald, но с усилием на 20%. Просто держать сеть Guardian (большинство населения gw2) счастливой и готовой купить expac.

Guards have 2 meta builds. Why they don't bust someone else? Many classes don't have any good build

Edited by koralinaLAIN.3892
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, koralinaLAIN.3892 said:

Guards have 2 meta builds, why they don't bust someone else? Many classes don't have any good build. I want to cry, my favourite game makes me suffered

It all comes down to sales and class popularity I believe. Any class can be played well though. Guard will be easier no matter what though with the core lines it has, same case as necro.

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Thanks 2

@koralinaLAIN.3892 well that have something to do with anets balanced style. They hear noobs too mutch crying about the power creep back then so they drop febr. Balance Patch. Fact is yes an overall nerf was needed BUT only in terms of % nerf .... not in Form of deleting some builds out of game with overnerf cc and stunbrake skills. The game now is the result of that hard nerf. Its a meta that get dominate by build that are :

1 tanky af and spaming aoe and auto attacks 

Or

2 doesnt play mutch around cc skills so doent see many nerfs in its generell skills so now they feel power creep compared to classes like warr where cc damage was like 50% of its burst comb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pati.2438 said:

@koralinaLAIN.3892 well that have something to do with anets balanced style. They hear noobs too mutch crying about the power creep back then so they drop febr. Balance Patch. Fact is yes an overall nerf was needed BUT only in terms of % nerf .... not in Form of deleting some builds out of game with overnerf cc and stunbrake skills. The game now is the result of that hard nerf. Its a meta that get dominate by build that are :

1 tanky af and spaming aoe and auto attacks 

Or

2 doesnt play mutch around cc skills so doent see many nerfs in its generell skills so now they feel power creep compared to classes like warr where cc damage was like 50% of its burst comb

I still can't get over the fact that the cc on warrior does no dmg. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pati.2438 said:

@koralinaLAIN.3892 хорошо, что анец имеет какое-то отношение к уравновешенному стилю. Они слишком часто слышат, как нубы плачут о силовом крипе, поэтому бросают фебр. Патч баланса. Факт в том, что да, общий нерф был необходим, НО только с точки зрения % нерфа .... не в форме удаления некоторых сборок из игры с овернерфом cc и навыками оглушения. Игра теперь является результатом этого жесткого нерфа. Это мета, которые доминируют по сборке, а именно:

1 танковый аф и спам аое и авто атаки 

Или

2 не сильно влияет на навыки cc, поэтому не видит много нерфов в его общих навыках, поэтому теперь они чувствуют увеличение мощности по сравнению с классами, такими как warr, где урон cc составлял около 50% от его взрывного гребня.

I missed the point about the cc nerf. How much did it affect the balance?

@koralinaLAIN.3892 well it destroyed some builds (most 1v1 builds) that where allready not on its best state. Things like holo engi ( i dont mean granate spam one), most warr builds (cause of cc damage plus burst damage where needed), heck even some weapons now dont deal damage ( rev Staff/warrior hammer) that it used to Do (Staffel rev is fine since its mostly used for defence.

So indstead of bring variation in the game Mode the whole Patch was leave tank builds behind and u see the result now. Beside some builds that see some buffs the meta is full of builds that are: tanky teamfight builds or glassy Roaming powercreep and all of those are just cc spam (New mech) or complete no use of cc skills or only the ones that were not needed to comb with for hard damage 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, koralinaLAIN.3892 said:

I missed the point about the cc nerf. How much did it affect the balance?

2 years ago there was a massive balance patch for the competitive modes that saw many of the skills in the game nerfed in some way.

Almost every CC skills was changed to do close to 0 damage and a good chunk of amulets and sigils were removed.

It had a significant impact on PvP(and WvW from what I hear) because it made both boring and tedious.

Were it not for the EoD specs showing up, literally fights would not end unless everyone was running full glass stats.

• Thanks 1

You win by either outskilling or outcomping the enemy. For example just today I BTFO-d a willbender duo by rolling SA deadeye. It's hillarious how useless combat mobility is when your target just stealths from one no-port spot to another. Willbender has a few seconds of stab/prot(which you can steal into), and absurd counterpressure(if they can land it). Play a build that gets around these two things and they are nothing.

Everything has some form of counters in this game. Some are classified as weak, off-meta, but they are around. I will not be playing SA deadeye against anything else most likely... but against dual-willbenders, it's brutally effective.

• Thanks 4