Season 1 auto enable.

This is happening to me and I did not start this living world episode on the character, it just automatically started itself and won't stop popping up. Quitting only lasts until the next zone change and completing it will only throw me directly into season 2, which does the same thing. I would really like it if quitting a living world episode could be made to actually work for seasons 1 and 2 the way it does for literally all post-S2 content, or, even better, if it wouldn't automatically start itself on characters I haven't chosen to start it with. I don't know if it's a bug but it is kittening annoying as hell and I had hoped they would fix it instead of adding more of it but apparently not!

• Like 3

Same happening with my characters. Any that havent done LW1 originally or with this resent rehash have the episode activated, the Living story is active in the Story journal and has the "Quit this episode" button.

On my two oldest characters that did LS1 at the time of release and have subsequently redone it, neither of them have the episode autostarted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's the same issue that's plagued Season 2. Haven't done it? Have fun seeing it stuck in the corner of your HUD!

But seriously, It was annoying when Season 2 did it, and it's annoying now. Just give us the option to quit for good, cause some of us don't want to have to repeatedly do these seasons on multiple characters just so we can have a cleaner HUD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

OP is your Content Guide set to disable personal story?

It might help since I cant remeber the last time I did see a story step reenable.

I think you answered your own question, seeing how that's the personal story, not living world seasons 1/2.

Even then, from my experience, setting it to disable personal story or turning the content guide off completely doesn't even hide the personal story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure players understand the function of the Content Guide.  (Even I mislabel other functions of the game as the 'Content Guide'.)  The Content Guide is just a compass (i.e. 'guide') that points to various content in the game.  If you disable 'Personal Story', it will no  longer point to the next entrance/area of the Personal Story, etc.  It isn't part of the UI that lists content in the Story Journal, etc. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 10:45 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm not sure players understand the function of the Content Guide.  (Even I mislabel other functions of the game as the 'Content Guide'.)  The Content Guide is just a compass (i.e. 'guide') that points to various content in the game.  If you disable 'Personal Story', it will no  longer point to the next entrance/area of the Personal Story, etc.  It isn't part of the UI that lists content in the Story Journal, etc. 

I don't think you fully understand the situation. This is a BUG that just recently cropped up. I have no wish to disable "Personal Story"  in Content Guide because that will affect all of my characters. I want it to be on for characters that are in the process of doing certain story for achievements. Those characters that have completed any other Story Journals will now have LW S1's Flame and Frost repeatedly being activated on map changes. Clicking  "Quit This Episode" will temporarily disable it. And I have no wish to even start, let alone do the story on those characters since I've already completed it on one of them.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

^Not sure what that post is about; enabling or disabling the Content Guide will have absolutely no effect on any Story showing up, or not showing up, on the UI. 

The Content Guide has zero to do with this bug. Yes, turning it off for the Story will stop the pointer from locking on the active step, but people should not have to do that just because the game suddenly decided you aren't allowed to NOT have a current step.

If you have no active story step, that should be that. Constantly auto-activating Season 1 without it being chosen sure sounds like a bug to me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm sure everyone knows Content Guide is merely a compass but a compass that is tied to any active story. With the story constantly re-activating, the compass  does not show map events unless "Personal Story" is hidden.

5 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Again, no one is or should be suggesting turning on or off the Content Guide will have any effect on the Story showing up on the UI.  Why do you keep harping on the Content Guide? 

Can you elaborate what you mean by UI? For me, that includes the compass. Only way for the Story to not show on the UI is to turn it off in Content Guide. Those encountering the bug of the story constantly re-activating have to keep fiddling with Content Guide if we wish to just view map events on certain characters.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Fiddling with the Content Guide doesn't stop the story step appearing in the corner of the screen or as a star on the map.

Outright turning the Content Guide OFF doesn't stop the story step appearing in the corner of the screenor as a star on the map.

People who want to do the story can do so even with the Content Guide switched off and that's perfectly fine.

Those of us who DON'T want to do the story should be allowed to quit the episode. End of story (pun not intended).

On 5/14/2022 at 11:24 AM, Tanek.5983 said:

If you have no active story step, that should be that. Constantly auto-activating Season 1 without it being chosen sure sounds like a bug to me.

As I said in a previous post, Season 2 has had this same bug for years.

At least, I hope it's a bug that's just been ignored for so long and not something that Anet wants to keep doing.

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2022 at 8:45 AM, DarkSoulSkynix.9613 said:

Fiddling with the Content Guide doesn't stop the story step appearing in the corner of the screen or as a star on the map.

Outright turning the Content Guide OFF doesn't stop the story step appearing in the corner of the screenor as a star on the map.

It doesn't. Although it serves as a reminder to me that they still haven't fix it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...