How is Mesmer currently? (just returned)

SourPatchBruhs.5142

On 5/19/2022 at 3:43 PM, semak.7481 said:

You are very wrong. Bladesworn is literally broken. 

Dragonslash has literally no counters (it breaks every rule), it has insane range ,ignores stealth - because it tracks, it ignores blinds and blocks (unblockable) and does up to 9k damage (on light armor for sure), you cant stun him because each time they use it they have stability because instead of listed PvP cooldown listed it doesnt have any at all. Stupid amount of sustain and evades and access to might (might - evades, just in case you wonder why I mention it) with shouts and elite that recharge all ammo skills which includes gunsaber itself, while being able to kill zerk light armored class with just 2 ranged gunsaber skills with ~7 might stacks (Helseth video).

Being worst of the worst =/= not being represented in every mAT because there are even more broken classes that gets no attention (guardian/necromancer).

The best mesmer in the game to be rolled over in 1x2 by bladesworn (claimed to be worst class) and then your reinforement in the face of herald being killed right after you. What other mesmer players that clearly less skillful than this monster should be doing when not even 1 mesmer spec is able to kill worst of the worst class which is being operated by just a random person.

Why ppl here are so ignorant? Consider this to be the main reason why forum opinions are ignored entirely.

Even warrior mains say that unyielding dragon is an overloaded trait. Warrior has issues with blocks and blinds, so the easy way was to make this OP trait so bladesworns can hit their fancy move easier. Now you can only dodge or jump it (<-- why though?) or distort (cause mesmer duh).

Now imagine if this trait gets nerfed significantly. You can be blinded and and it no longer stuns for example. Its drops from being "broken" to bad really fast.

You are exaggerating a lot yourself.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I agree with 99%. However you are wrong about one thing and that is it having no counters.

Mirage Cloak counters everything.

Mirage cloak = normal evade = evade counters everything = just dodge. Gotchya bruh.

Actually, you are wrong, it doesnt counter wards or shocking aura. Invulnerability does counter everything tho 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Even warrior mains say that unyielding dragon is an overloaded trait. Warrior has issues with blocks and blinds, so the easy way was to make this OP trait so bladesworns can hit their fancy move easier. Now you can only dodge or jump it (<-- why though?) or distort (cause mesmer duh).

Me with my friends tested and havent managed to jump over it. I mean, feel free to stream how you play and flawlessly dodge by jumping* over it, I'd watch, otherwise I'm not buyin.
Drops generic BuT MeSmEr InVuL DuH - jobs done, owned, argument won! /s
The next slash he drops I will be like that guy from a meme - "Guess, I'll die?"

Now imagine if this trait gets nerfed significantly. You can be blinded and and it no longer stuns for example. Its drops from being "broken" to bad really fast.

Well, I guess if trait is not busted, its bad, you have a point.

You are exaggerating a lot yourself.

elaborate

Edited by semak.7481
  • Thanks 3

• 5 weeks later...

Currently Mesmer is nuts, highest dps and pve aoe damage. Make sure to skill right though. Use ur single target phantasms like pistol bleed and bust shattering boons against enemies big cds, while using ur 6 clones for 2 damage shatters after weakening. Movement, teleport and shadowsteps make you unkillable. Mesmer is the best class PvE and PvP, if played well. If you can't play well, then use guardian. If you are inbetween well and bad, then use necro.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5

On 5/20/2022 at 2:50 PM, semak.7481 said:

Mirage cloak = normal evade = evade counters everything = just dodge. Gotchya bruh.

Actually, you are wrong, it doesnt counter wards or shocking aura. Invulnerability does counter everything tho 

Technically conditions applied to you are still effective.
If you are crippled and use invulnerability you are still crippled and move slowly, if you are imobalized you cant move etc.
So in theory invuln has a counter.

mirage isn't the only espec that has attacks during dodge.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge

this site lists all those traits that give a benefit after or during the dodge.  somehow it is missing thermal release valve propably because it is conditional for it to work. it is the holo trait that removes 15% heat for an aoe burn if you have that much heat.

• Thanks 2

First off, again, Mirage Cloak is the strongest dodge in the game. It is S-Tier.

There is no comparison.

There's a lot of people revealing themselves here to have little to no actual knowledge of how Mirage works and it's showing.

No other dodge in the game lets you continue your rhythm while you are able to dodge, nor offers you complete forgiveness if you mess up your timing.

Again, classes like Daredevil could have 5 dodges, it still wouldn't be worth one Mirage Cloak, because in a situation where you need to dodge but still need to rez/stomp, Mirage Cloak lets you do that. In a situation where you need to dodge, but still need to CC, or attack, you can do that. You can do anything as you use Mirage Cloak. Literally anything.

Every other dodge in the game interrupts your current action, which in itself is a huge cost. A warrior that has to dodge out of their 100b because they had to avoid CC just lost a huge chunk of their damage. That is a cost.

Mirage Cloak has no cost, and let's you evade, which is why it counters everything.

-Is a necro about to fear you? Mirage Cloak.

-Are you immobilized? Mirage Cloak. (you cannot dodge normally here fyi)

-Need to dodge an AOE/Burst/CC? Mirage Cloak.

-Have you already been hit by CC and now your stunlocked and helpess to their DPS burst? Nah, you can still Mirage Cloak np. (again you either need a break free here, and then dodge normally, or you're stuck because you can't dodge normally here)

The list literally goes on forever, the answer is always Mirage Cloak because at no point while playing Mirage are you not allowed to Mirage Cloak. How do people not get the insane power that this is? It literally breaks the game as far as dodges are concerned, and just at the top of this page we talking about Dragonslash, the disconnect is so real here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

your regular dodge is heavily handicapped if playing mirage in wvw or pvp. no other mobile spec has that many handicaps. we even lost two dodge bars since we used to have 3. meanwhile daredevil can get back endurance from skills to allow a quick dodge when it is needed. for mirage all the skills that create mirrors have the problem of you having to reach the mirror to use it. so by that aspect mesmer already has no dodge directly available. even if you use cloak if you are immobilized etc you are still spending a bar of your endurance. and I highly doubt the mesmer gonna use a lot of mesmer skills that give mirrors. it makes the actions pretty predicatable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/26/2022 at 8:20 AM, Waffles.5632 said:

Again, classes like Daredevil could have 5 dodges, it still wouldn't be worth one Mirage Cloak, because in a situation where you need to dodge but still need to rez/stomp, Mirage Cloak lets you do that. In a situation where you need to dodge, but still need to CC, or attack, you can do that. You can do anything as you use Mirage Cloak. Literally anything.

Every other dodge in the game interrupts your current action, which in itself is a huge cost.

Mirage cloak is the best dodge hands down.  But I'd take 5 daredevil dodges over just having 1 mirage cloak any day of the week.  If you have only 1 mirage cloak, your opponent just has to bait out that one dodge, and then you're down to long-CD skills like distortion for defense.  If your opponent has three high-impact skills (e.g., 2 stuns and a huge hit), you don't have enough mirage cloaks to avoid all three, so you have to dip into high-CD skills, which means you lose the fight long-run.  By contrast, if you have 5 daredevil dodges, that's more dodges than you need to avoid all of your opponent's high-impact skills. 

• Thanks 7

Change daredevil evade with mirage evade please.

It's like people on PvP forum saying distortion is OP.

Yeah on paper mesmer is super OP sure.

Then you play and see that 3 in 1 sustain skills are better than distortion because they have multiple purpose and can be use for more context all in 1 button.

Everything has more dodge uptime than mirage, should mirage get 0.75 evade while rezzing/stomping, it's better to evade more key skills.

And daredevil dodges are one of the most broken thing in this game IMO, not even talking about the perma swiftness uptime packaged in. I never understand why it was left as it in WvW. I roamed with it, you are 1000 times more unkillable than mirage on his prime time.

Edited by viquing.8254
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 3:30 AM, katte nici.9483 said:

Most other professions have stronger roaming options, the best Mesmer roaming builds get carried by cele stats and lack mobility and disengage.

Core Mesmer still has solid roaming options.  I would argue that celestial is still one of the worst kits to roam on due to the atrocious time to kill.  Even Core Hybrid Mesmer is better off using a mix of stats like zerker, knights, viper, carrion, rabid, etc.  Sure, celestial is over-tuned in 1v1s, but most of the fights you get into while solo roaming are 1v2s or 1v3s and you need to be able to kill quickly to win. 

• Confused 1