Best farm for a (somewhat) beginner?

I need to grind some gold. I have looked up some farms, like dragonfall, RIBA and bauble farms, but I am not sure which one would be best. This is mainly due to limitations because I do not have a flying mount and I do not have a lot of magic find. What would you recommend? 

Note: If possible, I would like a farm with high uptime, as I play gw2 in fixed timeframes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Dragonfall will be a little frustrating without a skyscale but can be done. I believe the bauble farm got nerfed. Silverwastes is good; so is Auric Basin. Drizzlewood gives LOTS of mats but can be time consuming. Higher level fractals are still very rewarding. And make sure you do a daily Dragonstorm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Silverwaste, use LFG to find a map with the RIBA tag, you do not need a flying mount there, but you do want a raptor.  It is not the best gold per hour, but it is a good place to start, and doing events there will give you bonus magic find, 200% I think.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Remember to also do the daily stuff you can do: Home instance gathering if you know someone with a full instance where you can join. The login rewards. And the  ley line anomaly. Still worth - even though it only is 1 gold ..the mystic coin now that prices have dropped. But all that can give a stable regular small income each day. (Unless you store all the stuff for own usage - which I do. Then it will save money later.)

• Like 1

Have you considered fractals? At T1, they are very quick and provide a little bit of gold daily. With mostly orange gear, you can keep doing T1s daily. Further, they reward ascended rings, and with that and a few asc trinkets, you could get enoufh AR to start working into T2 fractals.

I would recommend starting with Fractals daily (even T1 only), and then doing silverwastes if you want something simple.

RIBA is probably your best bet given your flight restrictions. If they can fit within your schedule, I would also consider Octovine, Chak Gerent and fractals of any tier you can quickly complete. You best bet in fact is to mix them up, otherwise you risk burning out doing the same stuff over and over.

P. S.: Have you thought of Drizzlewood Coast? You'll miss the cache guardians, but even then it's a great farm.

Edited by Harfang.1507

On 5/16/2022 at 12:52 AM, Faccina.5091 said:

i think if you count time + electricity bill is better to farm euros then buy gems and covert them to gold

some people enjoy the game, so they're "farming" something that actual fun, like daily fractals, weekly raids or whatever they enjoy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SandraSolace.7682 said:

Might just be me but why hasn't anyone asked why OP "needs" to farm gold?

So that is my question. Why do you need gold? Because we might be able to give a better answer knowing what the goal is.

Considering that it’s generally more efficient to farm gold than farm a specific item itself, does it matter?