Mirage related question

Axl.8924

1 minute ago, Axl.8924 said:

If i were to buy path of fire cna mirage be played power and be decent? or is it mostly condi? just curious.

Power has a lot of mobility playstyle but you have to keep moving to survive condi is more easy and dev supported with a lot of the same mobility.

Ultimately it depends on whether you like great sword and sword/sword or axe/torch or pistol and staff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

If i were to buy path of fire cna mirage be played power and be decent? or is it mostly condi? just curious.

What areas of the game do you typically play?

What makes you want to stick with power over condi?

Open world : Condi Trailblazer is safe bet, want to be spicy throw in some Viper, Grieving. Celestial is also a viable option.

Raids : Grieving Hybrid Builds

WvW : Dunno why you picked this class but, Both Power and Condi is viable. Power you are able to burst and spike but you end up dying pretty fast if you fail burst or fight someone who is actually decent. Condi you are able to survive but ever since they remove the burn on staff if the person is decent enough will completely ignore you and just run, Condi mirage fails to chase. Celestial is also a viable option set for this class.

sPvP : Really why pick this class...similar to WvW Power to spike, Condi to bunker. 

For competitive Greatsword is your best friend for any power variant build. For condi Staff, scepter or axe is your best friend for any condi variant build.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

mirage is not a viable power spec, other classes will do 20-40% more dmg then you, it can be decent at tagging mobs thats about it.
it can be a playable power pvp spec, and by playable I mean its kitten but its the kind of kitten that can work if enemies are bad enough.

14 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Open world : Condi Trailblazer is safe bet, want to be spicy throw in some Viper, Grieving. Celestial is also a viable option.

I started my Mirage with viper weapons and trinkets, and trailblazer armor for some defense. I very quickly replaced out all the armor for vipers. And I never ran torment runes. There’s just so much defense built in to Mirage.

13 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

open world fractals mostly.

I can’t speak to fractals, but the reason I asked about why you prefer power over condi is because people often don’t want the ramp up time of condi in open world.

While I’ve experienced this difference on other professions, condi Mirage kills really fast. It’s quite bursty for a “condi build”. Plus, when you get used to it, you can attack a bunch of foes, leave them at half health and move on, and they just drop behind you as the condis tick and remaining clones finish them.

It feels like you’re an unstoppable wave of destruction who doesn’t have to even worry about finishing off your opponents.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

mirage is not a viable power spec, other classes will do 20-40% more dmg then you, it can be decent at tagging mobs thats about it.
it can be a playable power pvp spec, and by playable I mean its kitten but its the kind of kitten that can work if enemies are bad enough.

Do not listen to this. ^^

It is bad advice and flat out wrong. Power Mirage is viable in 99% of all gw2 content. The only places you will find it lacking severely are high level fracs, and raids and maybe CM EoD strikes, but those I have not done yet, so can't comment, but let's be safe and list it anyways.

I have actual experience as I have actually played Power Mirage in all of these areas just fine. This person spends most of their time on the forums posting negative comments about Mesmer. Not even a lie, just stating some facts.

Here is a link to a thread I personally made awhile ago going over a Power Mirage build :

In it are my own videos showcasing some of the hardest open world champions to solo, furthermore on my own youtube channel, is a plethora of both Mirage PvP and Mirage PvE videos, as well as several videos going over which builds I find enjoyable.

I hope this actually helps you and lets you enjoy/have fun with GW2 more.

Mesmer is an amazing class that can do a lot.

I personally run half celestial, half assassin, staff/sword+sword atm and it has been great for open world EoD.

Lastly, this is how Power Mirage can be played in open world :

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I started my Mirage with viper weapons and trinkets, and trailblazer armor for some defense. I very quickly replaced out all the armor for vipers. And I never ran torment runes. There’s just so much defense built in to Mirage.

I can’t speak to fractals, but the reason I asked about why you prefer power over condi is because people often don’t want the ramp up time of condi in open world.

While I’ve experienced this difference on other professions, condi Mirage kills really fast. It’s quite bursty for a “condi build”. Plus, when you get used to it, you can attack a bunch of foes, leave them at half health and move on, and they just drop behind you as the condis tick and remaining clones finish them.

It feels like you’re an unstoppable wave of destruction who doesn’t have to even worry about finishing off your opponents.

I'm not against going condi i'm merely trying to learn each class. As you guys know i'm not great at mes i'm not even a master of ele and i've played more of it than mes at this moment. I just was thinking about this class and tinkering more because i legit enjoy mesmer class.

47 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Do not listen to this. ^^

It is bad advice and flat out wrong. Power Mirage is viable in 99% of all gw2 content. The only places you will find it lacking severely are high level fracs, and raids and maybe CM EoD strikes, but those I have not done yet, so can't comment, but let's be safe and list it anyways.

I have actual experience as I have actually played Power Mirage in all of these areas just fine. This person spends most of their time on the forums posting negative comments about Mesmer. Not even a lie, just stating some facts.

Here is a link to a thread I personally made awhile ago going over a Power Mirage build :

In it are my own videos showcasing some of the hardest open world champions to solo, furthermore on my own youtube channel, is a plethora of both Mirage PvP and Mirage PvE videos, as well as several videos going over which builds I find enjoyable.

I hope this actually helps you and lets you enjoy/have fun with GW2 more.

Mesmer is an amazing class that can do a lot.

I personally run half celestial, half assassin, staff/sword+sword atm and it has been great for open world EoD.

Lastly, this is how Power Mirage can be played in open world :

listen, if you have never done any hard content why are you giving advice to others? power mirage has like 30-40% less dps then other specs out there

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

listen, if you have never done any hard content why are you giving advice to others? power mirage has like 30-40% less dps then other specs out there

See this is what I am talking about. You are not only being disingenuous, but just outright lying/trolling at this point.

You said power mirage is not viable. Wrong. 100% wrong.

Your point would actually have merit, if he wanted to do only raids, but he posted about open world and fracs, and then later specified even further he wants to learn mesmer class because he enjoys it. He wants to tinker with it.  Power Mirage is exactly what he is looking for. A new way to play the same class, and by doing so, should he later go condi or alacMirage, he will be all the better for it, because he will know the many playstyles of the Mesmer class.

You are not even reading his responses, nor are you even trying to give him advice. You are just nonstop mesmer negativity my god.

Seriously what is your deal? If you can only speak negative things about the Mesmer class why are you even here? Do you even play anymore? Because it just reads like you're stuck in fractal from like 7yrs ago or something tbh.

• Confused 4

37 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

I'm not against going condi i'm merely trying to learn each class. As you guys know i'm not great at mes i'm not even a master of ele and i've played more of it than mes at this moment. I just was thinking about this class and tinkering more because i legit enjoy mesmer class.

Ah, cool. I just wanted to make sure that the common idea of condi being slow in the open world wasn't holding you back from trying condi Mirage.

It's one of my favorite classes to play. Axe/pistol feels great zooming around, and staff is a wonderful way to give yourself some distance if the pressure gets intense. I'm defnitely not a great player, but on my Mirage I zip through a lot of stuff, and am even able to solo some champs, which is not something I can manage on many other professions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Ah, cool. I just wanted to make sure that the common idea of condi being slow in the open world wasn't holding you back from trying condi Mirage.

It's one of my favorite classes to play. Axe/pistol feels great zooming around, and staff is a wonderful way to give yourself some distance if the pressure gets intense. I'm defnitely not a great player, but on my Mirage I zip through a lot of stuff, and am even able to solo some champs, which is not something I can manage on many other professions.

100% Accurate representation of what it feels like to play mirage in open world.

Axe/X gets even better when you have sigil of stamina equipped :

Condì Mirage actually spikes quite a bit for being a condi spec. You build up buffs with Staff, then switch to Axe and profit. It isn’t top tier, but it’s definitely viable and fun to play. Power Mirage really needs some buff in WvW/PvP, on the other hand. It is maybe my favorite spec playability-wise, but it does shine vs bad opponents while being… well, just annoying against good players.

1 hour ago, Waffles.5632 said:

See this is what I am talking about. You are not only being disingenuous, but just outright lying/trolling at this point.

You said power mirage is not viable. Wrong. 100% wrong.

Your point would actually have merit, if he wanted to do only raids, but he posted about open world and fracs, and then later specified even further he wants to learn mesmer class because he enjoys it. He wants to tinker with it.  Power Mirage is exactly what he is looking for. A new way to play the same class, and by doing so, should he later go condi or alacMirage, he will be all the better for it, because he will know the many playstyles of the Mesmer class.

You are not even reading his responses, nor are you even trying to give him advice. You are just nonstop mesmer negativity my god.

Seriously what is your deal? If you can only speak negative things about the Mesmer class why are you even here? Do you even play anymore? Because it just reads like you're stuck in fractal from like 7yrs ago or something tbh.

power mirage sucks in fractals, it sucks in pvp, it sucks in wvw, it sucks in strikes and it sucks in raids.
and when I say it sucks raid leaders/fractal people will kick you if they see you using power mirage, its THIS bad.
I get it, you run around open world and kill some raptors here and there, congrats.
and he said : open world, fractals mostly.
In fractals, power mirage sucks, in open world anything works so there is no point to even asking.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

power mirage sucks in fractals, it sucks in pvp, it sucks in wvw, it sucks in strikes and it sucks in raids.
and when I say it sucks raid leaders/fractal people will kick you if they see you using power mirage, its THIS bad.
I get it, you run around open world and kill some raptors here and there, congrats.
and he said : open world, fractals mostly.
In fractals, power mirage sucks, in open world anything works so there is no point to even asking.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to spend time around you. What you wrote isn't even worth responding to anymore. It's nothing but jaded opinions tangled up with grossly over exaggerated lies.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I feel sorry for anyone who has to spend time around you. What you wrote isn't even worth responding to anymore. It's nothing but jaded opinions tangled up with grossly over exaggerated lies.

It’s true, tho. “Lol, but in open world it works” isn’t a statement. I’d say Power Mirage is even *very good* in some open world content, since GS ambush has insane tagging potential during farms and similar. It sucks everywhere else, that’s the point. You call it exaggeration, but give me one example (a single one) of good build in T4 Fractals, Raids, Strikes, PvP, WvW. I’d say it only works somehow in the latter due to the fact you’ll be able to ambush kill all the bad players that stand around the spawn, but… in a 1vs1 situation vs anything remotely competitive, you’re a dead man walking.

19 minutes ago, Ombras.2853 said:

It’s true, tho. “Lol, but in open world it works” isn’t a statement. I’d say Power Mirage is even *very good* in some open world content, since GS ambush has insane tagging potential during farms and similar. It sucks everywhere else, that’s the point. You call it exaggeration, but give me one example (a single one) of good build in T4 Fractals, Raids, Strikes, PvP, WvW. I’d say it only works somehow in the latter due to the fact you’ll be able to ambush kill all the bad players that stand around the spawn, but… in a 1vs1 situation vs anything remotely competitive, you’re a dead man walking.

More lies, half truths, etc. At this point it can be called propaganda my god.

First off, the phrase "anything works in open world" is pure elite speak/lazy talk/condescending.

New players do not know how to even interpret that sentence. So does going around in HoT naked work in open world? It's a build right?

But of course you say, well no one would do that. That's not the point. The point is by just spewing the same phrase over and over, you give off that impression. That open world is so easy any build, any person can do it.

But it's wrong. Not only is it wrong, it further feeds the cycle of vets then saying "these new dumb players dont even know how to make a build! or dps! OMG HES PLAYING POWER MIRAGE  IN MY RAID?!?!!?" /kick

So you see, YOU GUYS ARE most certainly. The problem. Instead of just blanket saying anything works, and then being cynical/dismissive, why don't you pause, take a step back for a moment, and realize there's a lot of new players still coming in gw2, and steam release is around the corner.

GW2's biggest problems is the game itself does a pretty sub-standard job of teaching you how to play it, and the community on the forums is so jaded, it's night and day between here and in game. This is the only MMO where I actively tell newer players to avoid the forums. They would get such an awful first impression.

So no, not just anything works.  You want one example? I have done t4 fracs on power mirage. It went pretty fine. Could it have gone better if I was on condi mirage? Maybe. Problably. But then again, once you put that on me, it's like, well... could it have gone better if party member Y was playing class X??? And then it just crumbles into "Only play meta, if u dont play meta you get kicked kuz only meta works" and it's like ....nooooo. That's not the case at all.

And I'm not the only example.

There are countless examples that I am sure you do not even know of, of people playing off meta specs and doing extremely well with them. Make no mistake, I am not claiming Power Mirage is meta. It is most certainly off meta. But it is a viable off meta build that can again, handle 99% of the games content with ease.

If anything, power mirage is a perfect gateway into the rest of mirage and/or mesmer in general. Since if you plan to play power chrono, you will be using a similar weapon set up.

Lastly, the logic of

"Since I said Class X is bad, that means if you do good with it, your enemies are bad, not that class X is good"

So as of this moment I have 999 wins/~1800 matches in pvp played as power mirage. That is total wins,  so it includes ranked and unranked, but I solo queu ranked pretty much exclusiviely. That entire time has been spent in gold 3/plat 1. The build has not changed in over two years.

So what is it? Am I an okay/good/decent mesmer? Or I guess, I already know what you and others will say. That pvp is dead, population is dead, no one plays anymore, 99% pvpers are bad. etc etc. That is called moving the goal post. First it is class X is bad, and then when class X does well, let's move that goal post and say their enemies were bad so that is the only reason they won. Repeat ad nauseam

See, we all know the drill by now. It has been the same stuff over and over, but it couldn't be farther from the truth. Power Mirage is Alright.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Ombras.2853 said:

You’re literally saying it’s a subpar spec BUT you can play it because… because? And then call ours a propaganda, yet without any given example 😄

I have given examples of Power Mirage doing well and being viable in the content being talked about, then the goal post was moved, and it will keep being moved by you all until it ends up at raids, at which point I will have to say, P Mirage is not viable  in raids, and then you and others can say...

Hah! Told you so! We were right all along!

So yes, what you and others do is propaganda and basic goal post moving. As I said before, you guys do it ad nauseam.

• Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I have given examples of Power Mirage doing well and being viable in the content being talked about, then the goal post was moved, and it will keep being moved by you all until it ends up at raids, at which point I will have to say, P Mirage is not viable  in raids, and then you and others can say...

Hah! Told you so! We were right all along!

So yes, what you and others do is propaganda and basic goal post moving. As I said before, you guys do it ad nauseam.

we already told you Pmirage is viable in open world,and nowhere else.
If OP wnats to play power mirage in open world then go ahead, but he will be a liability to his team if he tries strikes/pvp/wvw/fractals/raids.
I used to make a lot of CM parties and I wouldnt not discriminate classes/builds, but even I would draw the line at power mirage as its straight up trolling. 
I dont think you understand how kittening bad its dps is. Like half of the actually viable dps specs has similar dps as power mirage just by auto-attacking and not casting abilities, I remember there being like ~29k dps herald build that only uses auto-attacks and thats MORE then power mirage ( ps the herald build is also bad but im trying to prove a point here )
Like peak power mirage dps is less then bottom like of all other viable dps specs out there.

EDIT.
To put it into perspective.
Perfectly played pmirage might do something in the ballpark of 27k dps
Virtuoso does 41,5k dps.
This is why people are saying pmirage is not viable, kittening supports have 27k dps, like quickbrand ( I actually can do 27k dps myself as quickbrand so I know what im talking about ), quick scrapper, or alac renegade do that kind of damage while also healing, giving might, fury, aegis, protection, swiftness, regeneration, cleansing etc.

Edited by FarmBotXD.1430
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why are you changing your words when I can clearly quote you from above? Can you really not admit you were wrong and could have most certainly worded your first post along more reasonable lines of your latest one?

When reason and compromise are on the table, a lot more discussion can take place, such as what you're describing, where we can now actually talk and bring up the real issues, instead of what you wrote previously, which was a blanket dismissive statement that not only was flat out wrong, but again grossly over exaggerated.

Secondly, what makes you think Pmirage is supposed to be strictly dps? Tbh that would be a bit unfair if it did 40k dps wouldn't it? I am certainly for buffing it's dps, but again, should it really be doing the same dps as the top dps specs?? Really??

Mirage can bring AOE x25 invul, flat out insane boonstrip (better than spellbreaker) and CC/breakbar damage, and it can evade anything. I always bring up mirage cloak because I am not joking, it counters pretty much every mechanic and it can be used at any time, at no cost nor interruption to the mirage. Distortion has a cost, in it's CD, and you need clones, or prep time (even if it's just 1sec to get 3 clones up, it's still an extra step). Mirage cloak will always be available as time accrues because endurance regeneration is an infinite resource.

Furthermore, all of the supportive skills of Core Mesmer must always be factored in their dps roles. At any point during the fight, if something goes wild, and for w/e reason someone goes down or you need that X factor, then you can use distortion. Even more, Distortion still allows the freedom of actions, so herald, since you brought up the class we can keep on same page, their heal is an emergency omg I need to live moment, but they're locked into it. It is not as versatile as distortion. Same with engi elixir S, similiar yes, but not the same.

Distortion allows the most freedom of any defensive ability in the entire game.

These are just a few factors, but hopefully my point is clear. I have always seen Power Mirage as a dps oriented support spec. Most supports do so by healing/defensive, but Power Mirage supports by being offensive.

SO, after all of this, I really do hope/think we can agree that we both would want to see Power Mirage dps be buffed, and Mesmer/Mirage buffed in general, but let's stop with the false narrative that the class is broken, or doesn't offer anything, or it is this abomination of a spec that you all make it out to be. And you guys do do that so don't even pretend otherwise.

There are more actual issues to talk about, like how ambush sword 1 has only a 80% accuracy rate lmfao, or how sword auto has insane after cast attached to it that just needs to go, or how mirage cloak lasting only 3/4ths a sec when it initially lasted 1second messed with both sword ambush  and staff ambush, and I think even scepter ambush as well?? Blink doesn't avoid DH trap damage as another example, so if you pop the ring of blades one, and go to blink out, you're taking 9k damage or w/e w/o even knowing why at first. Blink is core mesmer tho, but still

See I would much rather these issues be brought up and talked about, when it's the same old Class X sucks, don't play it, don't even ask about open world, it's no wonder the state of things now. It's just a cycle that feeds into itself like a death spiral. Class X sucks, so new players first impression are don't play it/avoid it, so class X sucks narrative further gets pushed out, thus causing more new players to avoid it, and now we are at the point where if someone who is a newer player posts to ask about open world, the accepted answer is "Don't even ask."

If that is not jaded elitism then I am blind.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1