Willbenders are what thieves should be if you removed stealth.

I think a give or take would make more sense. Removing stealth entirely would be too much work and would likely break many areas of the game.

Stealth instead should be "nerfed" to have better counterplay options. Having no soft counter to a mechanic is very dumb and encourages toxic playstyles. So they should add something along those lines, and then buff thief in other ways to compensate.

Example: Dodging/Blocking a stealth attack now reveals the attacker, but in return many thief skills and traits now grant access to protection/resolution and overall sustain is buffed 10%. Damage on D2 and S/D3 possibly de-nerfed. For good thief players, this would overall be a buff.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

I think a give or take would make more sense. Removing stealth entirely would be too much work and would likely break many areas of the game.

Stealth instead should be "nerfed" to have better counterplay options. Having no soft counter to a mechanic is very dumb and encourages toxic playstyles. So they should add something along those lines, and then buff thief in other ways to compensate.

Example: Dodging/Blocking a stealth attack now reveals the attacker, but in return many thief skills and traits now grant access to protection/resolution and overall sustain is buffed 10%. Damage on D2 and S/D3 possibly de-nerfed. For good thief players, this would overall be a buff.

This post is actually a very good post, well done, but to that it is not welcome here as it makes to much sense.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

This is the level of compensation I expect if stealth is removed.

OFC THAT WOULD MEAN REMOVING INITIATIVE, lol you don't really expect to be a willbender with initiative...do you?

That would be a blessing to the whole playerbase but.....something tells me that GW2 thief population will drop by 3/4 once you remove stealth. No stealth...no griefing.....so beatiful....

Frankly stealth should just be removed from the game entirely.. sick of dealing with pathetic cheaters abusing this trash mechanic.

Last player I dealt with popping in and out of stealth wasn't even trying to hide that he was cheating... because he was playing a renegade XD

• Like 2
  • Confused 1