Warclaws were added to the game with a single purpose in mind

1 hour ago, Maltyrius.2961 said:

Why did Anet make Norn when we have humans? No logic in any of this OP; it’s code for ‘I don’t like Warclaws.’

Correction, he is just a dude who starts a ton of discussions over things people say are silly but posting and bringing the discussion forward nevertheless. But at least, he is one in these group of "hundreds of discussion-starting people" who actually really participate in these discussions.

But i can't say if it's for the luls, or whether they are really serious.

• Thanks 2

Not that it matters immensely, but the wardlaw just uses the Griffon's terrestrial movement animations, not the jackals. It's just a different kind of wingless griffon.

However, it can be BOTH a money sink and a movement option. Not that this devalues the fact that it functionally is just another skin selling mount.

• Sad 1

On 5/27/2022 at 10:53 PM, Trippletz.1963 said:

Why not just use warclaw outside of wvw then. 🤪

Heh, my top two hot-keyed mounts in PVE are Skyscale and Warclaw.  

Skyscale because, c'mon, it's a Skyscale!  And Warclaw because of its smooth gait (plus the ferocious dismount...)

The Raptor and the Jackal are fast but they both bounce you all over the place - I'd hate to have to ride those things in real life.  The Springer and Skimmer are smooth enough, but too slow to be used as ground mounts.  The Beetle is awesome for getting somewhere NOW, but I don't trust that Asuran technology.  And the Griffon is smooth also (same running animations as Warclaw), but without that fast-forward pounce to get us both out of trouble...

And, yeh, there are way too many skins to trust RNG to get you the one you want (I've bought two so far, and got another as a drop), but that just proves there is something for everybody...

• Haha 1