The ultimate proof that Mesmer is NOT fine in PvP

Lethion.8745

Chaos middle branch could possibly be the most “coin flip” of them all. I hope they’ll eventually just rework it.. But “bad players carry” means nothing. Strong traits makes people win, that’s literally all that it is.

Edited by Ombras.2853

37 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

The game has had enough nerfing.  It's never remotely recovered from the February 2020 patch and has been a hideous mess ever since then.

Naaa, there's plenty on nerfs to have. This game is in one of worst states balancewise. And in the next week might be even worse due to the "more boons for everyone" approach. 

CMC and his crew are killing this game faster than light. 

And that's not even mentioning wvw.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Waffles.5632 soo my dear, you talk about changes can first happen when the community admits the real state of mesmer?

Another key component for builds like an interrupt chrono got deleted. I lost with another patch another build. Would you like to elaborate how the heck does this even remotely comes close of what you are talking here?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Senqu.8054 said:

@Waffles.5632 soo my dear, you talk about changes can first happen when the community admits the real state of mesmer?

Another key component for builds like an interrupt chrono got deleted. I lost with another patch another build. Would you like to elaborate how the heck does this even remotely comes close of what you are talking here?

I don't really like the patch notes either.

I don't play enough of Chrono to really say one way or the other about their changes, but some seem okay, some seem bad. Just my 2c. Mirage wasn't touched at all really, except that fury nerf in dueling so can't really comment there either.

These notes are a preview as well, so things can still change from now until patch day. From what I have been reading, the general sentiment is that majority of players disagree with patch notes, but I think that may be more with how Anet talked about their notes vs the actual notes.  I was expecting spirits and banners to actually be reworked into different skills, but instead they just changed around some numbers and now made it so Warriors have to play pick up the banners mini game as they play lmfao.

I could be wrong, but idk, from the preview about the patch notes, I was thinking they were going to do a lot more.

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I don't really like the patch notes either.

I don't play enough of Chrono to really say one way or the other about their changes, but some seem okay, some seem bad. Just my 2c. Mirage wasn't touched at all really, except that fury nerf in dueling so can't really comment there either.

This wasn’t exactly my point here but nice to hear your point of view too. 

The thing is you are talking about that the community first has to admit the real state of mesmer, while the whole community knows how bad of a play chrono is and still, chrono receives the most ridiculous changes.

These notes are a preview as well, so things can still change from now until patch day. From what I have been reading, the general sentiment is that majority of players disagree with patch notes, but I think that may be more with how Anet talked about their notes vs the actual notes.

Maybe I’m gambling but considering the past nothing will happen to those changes. They will be shipped as they are written down. Best example is virtuoso, where they had 6 month to adjust. And tbh I can not think of a reason why they should leave out a larger amount of patch notes. 

Oh but this is not everything. Those notes will not only be implemented as they are. They will not be touched for minimum of 2 years now. You don’t believe me? The most mandatory thing, IP, was given back to chrono after min. 2 years after they deleted it. There is no chance the will spend resources on something that is not even remotely as important as IP.

I was expecting spirits and banners to actually be reworked into different skills, but instead they just changed around some numbers and now made it so Warriors have to play pick up the banners mini game as they play lmfao.

This is also something. Yes you expected it but honestly, everyone here was expecting nothing at all because that’s how ANet is now. It just shows that you are not even remotely familiar with the past of this game which makes some things you say to basically an insult to the people who are in year 4 of patches that delete game content: and the worst part is you do not even understand that chrono lost again some builds.

I could be wrong, but idk, from the preview about the patch notes, I was thinking they were going to do a lot more.

Welcome to the new GW2 🙂 

Edited by Senqu.8054
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're both gambling. You want them to fail, I want them to succeed.

I will say though, if you missed what happened this morning, then you most likely missed my response to it, and so I think we are far more on the same page now than you might realize, in terms of balance I mean.

Regardless, we all on the same team at the end of the day anyways. I am hoping some good Mesmer changes can be made, much like everyone else. Again, I can't really comment on chrono, I think it would be a bit foolish of me to do so as I have very little experience with it. Mirage is more my area.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

We're both gambling.

More or less. I make statements according to my experience with this company over the past 10 (17) years. You with 2 years experience and no knowledge about the time before.

I’m to 99% sure those are all balance changes that will be shipped out. And if not then it will be the first time in 4 years that they add more then minor changes after the balance patch preview. Most likely they have meant that bug fixes and NPC fixes and stuff like that will be added to the notes afterwards.

You want them to fail, I want them to succeed.

Yeah yeah. This is again something similar like your strawman some post before. You know this is not true, I know this is not true. I just want my stuff back and will give accordingly feedback if they delete game content.

And tbh again an pure insult considering how long I am already here providing feedback to balance patches.

I will say though, if you missed what happened this morning, then you most likely missed my response to it, and so I think we are far more on the same page now than you might realize, in terms of balance I mean.

If you mean the 2 dodge mirage discussion. Indeed. And we already had this discussion here for years and a good amount of people, so as me, would prefer to revert the nerfs, which have been carried out because of 2 dodge mirage, instead of giving a second doge back. But again this is something we agreed long time ago and even suggested it here more then once. Instead we got alac mirage..

Regardless, we all on the same team at the end of the day anyways. I am hoping some good Mesmer changes can be made, much like everyone else.

Idk man. We had the lowest common denominator attitude here. I personally am not willed for compromises anymore. It went already to far and this game misses to much. Same Team is relatively spoken then since the most patches got celebrated from to many people while it deleted our stuff. But maybe finally the community notices that it is a pile of garbage which gets rolled out every 6 month by canal rats.

Again, I can't really comment on chrono, I think it would be a bit foolish of me to do so as I have very little experience with it. Mirage is more my area.

That was not the point. The point is

On 5/26/2022 at 1:11 PM, Waffles.5632 said:

If the majority of Mesmers can agree on where Mesmer actually is balance wise, then buffs can happen. But long as the narrative is "Mesmer sucks in pvp, class is broken, don't even play it" then nothing can change kuz there's no reality in those statements.

You denounce every person who has spent a lot of time in the past giving a company feedback to their product, while exactly the the opposite is happening to, now, chrono of what you are giving away from you. Because the whole community agreed on chrono being absolute kitten.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are being the absolute biggest gatekeeper right now and I find it hilarious I just wanted you to know that. It's not even about Mesmer anymore it's now about how I just haven't been here long enough lmfao. My goodness, please stop. I think you need a break from forums, but that is just my opinion. I took one too, it's good for the heart.

And no, I was not referring to the 2dodge discussion. You missed it entirely it seems. I can't really say anymore because idk what will get me banned or not and tbh I made my point 10x over by now, you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

• Confused 5

26 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

You are being the absolute biggest gatekeeper right now and I find it hilarious I just wanted you to know that. It's not even about Mesmer anymore it's now about how I just haven't been here long enough lmfao. My goodness, please stop. I think you need a break from forums, but that is just my opinion. I took one too, it's good for the heart.

And no, I was not referring to the 2dodge discussion. You missed it entirely it seems. I can't really say anymore because idk what will get me banned or not and tbh I made my point 10x over by now, you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

You said I would have missed your response to something so I was respectful enough to try to look it up and now after I looked for your last post you come up with “why can’t you read my mind”? Maybe you mean the discord leak? Like how am I supposed to know what you mean. 

Well look, we have an occasion that proves you wrong after you gave this statement from you. I point it out. Why do you think you can give those statements if they are clearly just wrong to begin with. You are actually giving the impression that everyone who is complaining is actual wrong instead of you which is even more harmful then you think. After the discord leak it’s even more obvious what is going on behind the curtain.

”Frankly, that’s why I made (Mesmer) staff good. I hated using (Mirage) Axe”

Edited by Senqu.8054
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

My statements pretty accurate man, you can't just go around calling something kitten and then expect that is going to be appreciated feedback, I mean that isn't even considered feedback let's be honest.

And your argument is then "We've given feedback, we've had enough" It's like okay, if you're at the point where you've given so much feedback, and all you have left to say is "Chrono is kitten", then that isn't saying anything at all anymore.

It's just complaining on the forums. Noise. And imagine a first year dev who likes Mesmer, gets into the class, only to be told by you that they have no idea what they're talking about only because they haven't been here long enough, and then you think you're being respectful. lmfao.

Like get real man, you are obviously on some sort of power trip now with your years of Mesmer suffering, it's like if you suffered that much why you still playing the game, sounds like an abusive relationship to me, I hope you can see that. I am kinda worried tbh.

My advice is keep posting the actual feedback over and over, don't let the devs get to you and put you in a nasty attitude because I think you're better than that, and also remember we were all new to Mesmer at one point so chill on that gatekeeping.

Imma stop responding here though because I don't wanna fuel whatever this is turning into. Be well.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

I think the leaked dev chat logs basically confirmed that mesmer is where it's at now because they simply dislike complex classes/builds, don't play them or understand how they work, and don't want to see them perform above easy-to-play builds.  If one of the balance devs actually played mesmer, we wouldn't be seeing the types of changes we're seeing now.

Just look at the changes to Shield5 - the idea behind the latest balance patch is for mesmers to spam a situational skill off-cooldown in order to maintain alacrity or quickness for the team.  That'd be like tying firebrand's quickness generation to spamming their shield5. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1