Raid Selling

I get at this point Raid Selling isn't going to be outlawed so can we at least give stuff like this its own window in LFG? Its so annoying having 10 Raid selling posts to every 1 legitimate raid party and it surely is a terrible look for the scene and for players that are already clearing weekly its just annoying and tedious.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Really? Always wanted to but since there is so much of them, I assumed it`s legal and encouraged like selling. Thanks for info tho. The more you know.

As far as i know, even the Raid-selling is not really allowed. It's the same misuse, as guild advertising in channels who are not meant for this. But people do it all the time, not only with this stuff because of visibility. So i don't know if anet actually really does something about this, even if it s not allowed.

The Problem for me is the LFG overall. It just has so many useless tabs and misses on the other hand tabs who people really need.
But also the People who missuse it, because of not knowing better or knowing about the visibility. But this is something you hardly can change. I mean, even when anet would put a Raid-selling tab, do you think all people would use this?

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, RoastedWalnuts.4618 said:

I get at this point Raid Selling isn't going to be outlawed so can we at least give stuff like this its own window in LFG? Its so annoying having 10 Raid selling posts to every 1 legitimate raid party and it surely is a terrible look for the scene and for players that are already clearing weekly its just annoying and tedious.

There's an easy workaround while you wait for Anet to (possibly) implement this: Open lfg to the tab you want and type -sell in filter -> all posts that contain the letters "sell" will now disappear.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zohane.7208 said:

There's an easy workaround while you wait for Anet to (possibly) implement this: Open lfg to the tab you want and type -sell in filter -> all posts that contain the letters "sell" will now disappear.

You can also block the seller, and their lfg won't show anymore.

3 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

My thoughts exacly. Also ANet could get rid of guild ads from this LFG tab, they already have their own and they still trashing other tabs.

The tab is "Raids (Looking for more)" and since they are looking for more for raids, it's hardly like they don't belong there. It's not like they are WvW guilds recruiting there, it's on theme. 

3 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

You can actually report this.

Anet's stance on raid selling is "We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content. Other players have provided a service of convenience or carry through the years, and our official stance is that the selling or buying of runs is completely acceptable."

So you can report it all you like, they are not going to get banned for it.

• Confused 2

I can hardly see how guild ads, even if it's a raid guild belong to raid LFG since there is whole tab dedicated only to guild ads, so sorry but I can't take that argument seriously, eighter you want to have something organised or you are not.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

What does it even cost to "buy" a raid and is it money up front or money after you complete it lol. Asking for Science.

I don't know the current prices, as I haven't sold anything in a long time, but you usually pay upfront.

If you are scared of being scammed you might be able to negotiate something like a 50/50 split, but that really depends on the guild and the person holding the lfg.

• Confused 1

imo it's easier to find a raid group in ESO (using ESO as comparison since it is my secondary MMO choice atm) currently then in gw2, and it's literally just map chat in one specific zone going "LFM for this raid, need x roles"
granted playing devils advocate, normal difficulty raids in ESO are easier then normal difficulty raids in gw2 as in eso you can ignore certain mechanics. in gw2 raids on normal difficulty a good number of mechanics can easily cause a snowball wipe if they are failed (for example, the majority of Dhuums mechanics).
hopefully if they ever add raid "easy mode" it'll bring more life back into the raiding LFG giving fresh life into a gamemode that most are probably to intimidated to enter.

Edited by crosknight.3041

On 5/23/2022 at 12:04 PM, Fuchslein.8639 said:

As far as i know, even the Raid-selling is not really allowed. It's the same misuse, as guild advertising in channels who are not meant for this. But people do it all the time, not only with this stuff because of visibility. So i don't know if anet actually really does something about this, even if it s not allowed.

It is allowed and technically it is not a misuse of lfg as selling adverts are technically groups looking for extra people.

It is not actively supported by anet though, mostly to not have to deal with the costumer support of scamed people.

5 hours ago, crosknight.3041 said:

imo it's easier to find a raid group in ESO (using ESO as comparison since it is my secondary MMO choice atm) currently then in gw2, and it's literally just map chat in one specific zone going "LFM for this raid, need x roles"
granted playing devils advocate, normal difficulty raids in ESO are easier then normal difficulty raids in gw2 as in eso you can ignore certain mechanics. in gw2 raids on normal difficulty a good number of mechanics can easily cause a snowball wipe if they are failed (for example, the majority of Dhuums mechanics).
hopefully if they ever add raid "easy mode" it'll bring more life back into the raiding LFG giving fresh life into a gamemode that most are probably to intimidated to enter.

W5 onwards shows more difficulty than W1-4 in general. Plus, Dhuum it's a final boss, it's somehow normal that failing certain things ends up in wipe, same happens with Sabetha, Matthias, Xera,   or Deimos, if you do certain fails it ends up snowballing.

On 5/23/2022 at 1:04 PM, Fuchslein.8639 said:

The Problem for me is the LFG overall. It just has so many useless tabs and misses on the other hand tabs who people really need.
But also the People who missuse it, because of not knowing better or knowing about the visibility. But this is something you hardly can change. I mean, even when anet would put a Raid-selling tab, do you think all people would use this?

Raid selling is allowed.