Unable to preview Endless Tonic, and Prices over the roof!!

1 minute ago, medivh.4725 said:

Eh why can't preview them since they are dress and appearance tweaks?

You can preview them, though.  Open your Hero Panel, navigate to the Helmet icon, then into Novelties.  There, the bottom most tab on the right has all the tonics.  You can look through all locked and unlocked tonics.  You can even search them.

2 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

As well why are they so expensive? Cheapest ones go for 220g. Some are 600g++ 

Oh my god. Bring down the cost and make it affordable?

They're cosmetic items. Earn them or buy them from people who did.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

Which ones are you looking at? There's a lot of endless tonics and a lot of them sell on the TP for under 200g. The Warm Potion (which is the same thing under a different name, it turns you into a fire elemental) is less than 1s. The Unopened Endless Mystery Tonic (Beast) costs 1-5g (depending on if you place a buy order or buy it right away) and the Endless Mystery Quaggan Tonic is 8-16g.

There's also a lot which are account bound and available for other currencies. You can see a full list here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tonic#Endless_tonics

If you mean the new combat tonics which turn you into enemies from EoD it's because they're rare drops from new strikes or cost 500 prophet shards each, so there's likely to be relatively few of them available and people who do get them are likely hoping to make a profit by selling them. You could do strikes yourself and buy them, but it will take 4-5 weeks to get enough prophet shards, so it might actually be quicker to farm the gold.

• Like 1

For those clothing tonics, I don't recommend them. There was once a town clothing system in the game. Those tonics were used to replace the clothing after that system was removed. They now have returned in the form of outfits, which can be obtained by trading in a tonic. However, there's an alternative method of getting those same outfits. They sometimes appear in the Black Lion Statuette vendor for 20 statuettes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This is TP as of 6 June. 

1. Endless Silk Brocade Clothing Tonic - 7777 gold
  2. Endless Casual Clothing Tonic - 1499 gold
  3. Endless Designer Hoodie Clothing Tonic - 1387 gold
  4. Endless Striped Silk Colthing Tonic - 799 gold
  5. Endless Ornate Clothing Tonic - 600 gold

The list goes on. 
One would expect to show preview especially where these are at these prices. Not sure why or how these tonics are priced higher then combat suits. 

Same goes for infusions. How come no previews

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

On 6/7/2022 at 12:37 AM, medivh.4725 said:

This is TP as of 6 June. 

1. Endless Silk Brocade Clothing Tonic - 7777 gold
  2. Endless Casual Clothing Tonic - 1499 gold
  3. Endless Designer Hoodie Clothing Tonic - 1387 gold
  4. Endless Striped Silk Colthing Tonic - 799 gold
  5. Endless Ornate Clothing Tonic - 600 gold

The list goes on. 
One would expect to show preview especially where these are at these prices. Not sure why or how these tonics are priced higher then combat suits. 

Same goes for infusions. How come no previews

Don't buy them?

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Could we stop pretending that 660g is alot of money? 

That's like a few days of farming. 

I've never had over 2500g and that was from gems in 9 years, 660g is a lot. especially on something so useless.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Dante.1508 said:

Don't buy them?

I've never had over 2500g and that was from gems in 9 years, 660g is a lot. especially on something so useless.

Serious question. How is that even possible? 

Are you even playing the game or are you Afk 99% of the time?

What are you doing that you don't make money in a game that throws around money everywhere? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

dont waste gold on it.

theres 1 of them thats ultra-cheap, 5c; theyre all look similar to each other, just chaging few colors/textures.

buy the 5c one and try it, u will find very boring.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Common_Clothing_Tonic

u can make a much better fake "town clothing" combo new Angler skin, and ofc can be used at combat.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Angler_Vest_Skin

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

4 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

What are you doing that you don't make money in a game that throws around money everywhere? 

If you do regular non-fast-farming methods, then 660 is a lot. Story content, PvP, WvW, raids, the list goes on.

If you add in fractals, that's like 15-20g/day, so that's a least a month of playing some content daily that's probably the most profitable without being considered farming. Not a "few days" worth.

Myself I now have ~650 gold, which is the most I've ever had... and it came after I sold a stack of mystic coins before they went down.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, blackoil.2673 said:

If you do regular non-fast-farming methods, then 660 is a lot. Story content, PvP, WvW, raids, the list goes on.

If you add in fractals, that's like 15-20g/day, so that's a least a month of playing some content daily that's probably the most profitable without being considered farming. Not a "few days" worth.

Myself I now have ~650 gold, which is the most I've ever had... and it came after I sold a stack of mystic coins before they went down.

Like 98% of my money I made in GW2 came from WvW. Which, like you said, is low gold per hour. 

And I have a full legendary armory. Without ever farming. 

I have roughly 15k hours since launch. 

15-20g per day seems crazy low. Are fractals really This bad for money now? 

That's peanuts in today's gw2 economy. 

• Confused 5

19 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I mostly play owpve map completions and stories where the rewards are non existent i don't do many metas or wvw no pvp or fractals i hate that content.

13 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Like 98% of my money I made in GW2 came from WvW. Which, like you said, is low gold per hour. 

And I have a full legendary armory. Without ever farming. 

I have roughly 15k hours since launch. 

15-20g per day seems crazy low. Are fractals really This bad for money now? 

That's peanuts in today's gw2 economy. 

But all that is unobtainable in owpve content.. So think yourself lucky that you game mode hand feeds you everything.. the rest of us not so much.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I forgot to mention, while the statuette vendor doesn't currently have the outfits for sale this rotation, you may preview the outfits at the Black Lion Trader merchant in the Lion's Arch trading post building. This vendor is the one you use to exchange town clothing tonics for town clothing outfits. Keep in mind that the town clothing tonics do not have dye channels, like the outfits.

• Sad 1