I love being dazed

Riba.3271

When you daze an enemy, you remove any ongoing hard CC effects such as fears, knockdowns and stuns.

This can be particularly problematic for WvW since you have no control over other players buttons and 1v1s are rare. CC overlapping particularly hurts classes that have daze on their key abilities like spellbreaker, harbinger, renegade, vindicator and thief

Here is 5+ year old bug report about it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bug-Stun-boon-is-removed-upon-daze

I just want to thank the dazers all over the world! Fears are nice too!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This is not a bug. Every hard cc overrides existing cc. Working as intended.

It is also not something that only happens with daze. Can't count how often rangers saved me with their knockback from their allies dmg or their own roots. One of the very few mechanics in that game that can still punish mindless skill spam.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

This is not a bug. Every hard cc overrides existing cc. Working as intended.

It is also not something that only happens with daze. Can't count how often rangers saved me with their knockback from their allies dmg or their own roots. One of the very few mechanics in that game that can still punish mindless skill spam.

It must be because of the claim buff.  Definitely made that daze bug out…. 😏

• Haha 2

Managing stuns and dazes in a way that your daze does not overwrite your precious 3 second stun is one of the few things in GW2 that requires a tiny bit of skill. I hope this never changes to another skill spam promoting mechanic that automatically prioritizes stronger hard cc (stun) over a weaker one (daze).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Meh, would be preferable if it did nothing before overwriting, but whatever.  

I mean as a ranger if I daze someone with my shortbow it'd be great for that noob longbow ranger that uses #4 all the time not to ruin it with a pointless knockback...but one can dream...

Bearbows gotta bearbow don't you know.

• Haha 1