Is Anet so Desparate for WvW Players They Don't ban Cheats?

Jitters.9401

24 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Cheats?

There is no such thing as cheats........ cos all those threads have been deleted 😂

Because people make threads with account names in them which isnt allowed. Screenshot/Video,sent it directly and done. Stop pretending that Anet doesnt handle them because they do when done properly.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Teleport cheat is something I encounter every day, this game needs an good anti cheat engine

Yes thieves teleporting around is a real issue ! Sometimes,when i port on my thief  im like...WoW, im almost cheating !

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Yes thieves teleporting around is a real issue ! Sometimes,when i port on my thief  im like...WoW, im almost cheating !

I remember a guy that was teleporting inside objectives even though they weren't breached at all, fun times. You may say "hey!, he probably sneaked when it was opened before!", since you're teef you gonna defend it.
The said player (with a friend btw) changed borders and somehow again teleported inside an objective that was held for atleast few hours even though all walls and gates were 100%.
Teef and Mesmer are one of few classes that are so easy to cheat on, I wonder why~

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, chripsy.1027 said:

I loathe thieves. They can just unload conditions. Steal... Unload more conditions... Steal again... and slowly chip away at your health until you are dead. I am kinda new to WvW... What can I do to counter this? It feels terribly unbalanced. 

1. Disengage from them wherever possible.

2. Where you can't, don't bother to fight, just get back to respawn and carry on away from them.

3. Call on a zerg to trash them. Repeatedly, if necessary.

Basically, make it as unfun for them as they make it for everyone else.

• Sad 1

I find it funny I know exactly who you are talking about, but what I don't find funny is how you threatened physical violence against me when I killed you on my Holosmith. You also threatened my friend when he +1'd our 1v1. There was no bow or agreement of a duel and we weren't even remotely near the dueler's spot. If you want a fair 1v1 go there, but don't whine when you get +1'd elsewhere. I can post the screenshots from my end if you want proof. 

My friend and I don't run with that crowd. We do our best to avoid them. We're well aware of their infamy. Sometimes kitten happens and we're there when they are. I can't and won't vouch for them not hacking or exploiting. IMO you and that crowd deserve each other for your toxicity. 

I will say this about your point though, there are absolutely hackers and cheaters in WvW. Vallun caught one on stream the other day. A reaper teleport hacking away while in downstate. It didn't save her though. I have also had experience recently with people who just don't take damage. You hit them and nothing happens, no evades, no blocks, nothing. With that said I find legitmate hacking few and far between. Most people are just ignorant of a lot of game mechanics. I've been accused of cheating by thieves when I'm running Lock On on my engineer. The best way to learn class mechanics is to play that class and test out multiple builds of said class. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bingus.4236 said:

1. Disengage from them wherever possible.

2. Where you can't, don't bother to fight, just get back to respawn and carry on away from them.

3. Call on a zerg to trash them. Repeatedly, if necessary.

Basically, make it as unfun for them as they make it for everyone else.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

You don't even realize why that solo player is running on thief do you ?

21 minutes ago, Legendary Defender.5631 said:

lol why are there always ppl that will say, there are no hackers or there arent very many? Seriously, I think yall are hackers. Anybody that downplays the hacking is prob doing it themselves.

Dude,ive had the most riduculous pm's from people calling me a hacker,be it on thief or warri,i should have made screenshots so you can see how hilarious these claims are. From porting too often on thief,or swapping weaps on warri too often,theyre all a joke. Most complaints are from people not knowing mechanics.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Legendary Defender.5631 said:

lol why are there always ppl that will say, there are no hackers or there arent very many? Seriously, I think yall are hackers. Anybody that downplays the hacking is prob doing it themselves.

I've been called a hacker a few times, but you are the first person ever calling me that without even playing with me. Congratulations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/4/2022 at 10:39 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Shush now. 

Of course that player cheated. 

It was a thief.

Dont ruin peoples illusions like that, unless they play mesmer.

Very punny.

On a serious note, some people don't realise that much of the "hacking" they're seeing is the broken, OP core mechanics of some classes. It's on Arenanet to fix those core mechanics, but ... hahaha good luck with that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2022 at 2:30 PM, Sansar.1302 said:

but when i see a guardian or rev teleport 5+ times in short sucssesion

This....

And I watched a new WvW player, harbinger profession teleport from the north side of the bridge (right above the south camp) to the actual camp itself. 

I was on my mount, jumped off to put a scare in the person with a couple auto attacks and he teleported right into the south camp.

I know it was not a graphic glitch because my combat log shows the damage done. I know he ported right to the camp because I went straight there and looked and behold. He was there beginning to take the camp.

Then he teleported away again.

On 6/6/2022 at 3:04 PM, Afkbrbgtgftw.7904 said:

I find it funny I know exactly who you are talking about, but what I don't find funny is how you threatened physical violence against me when I killed you on my Holosmith. You also threatened my friend when he +1'd our 1v1. There was no bow or agreement of a duel and we weren't even remotely near the dueler's spot. If you want a fair 1v1 go there, but don't whine when you get +1'd elsewhere. I can post the screenshots from my end if you want proof. 

My friend and I don't run with that crowd. We do our best to avoid them. We're well aware of their infamy. Sometimes kitten happens and we're there when they are. I can't and won't vouch for them not hacking or exploiting. IMO you and that crowd deserve each other for your toxicity. 

I will say this about your point though, there are absolutely hackers and cheaters in WvW. Vallun caught one on stream the other day. A reaper teleport hacking away while in downstate. It didn't save her though. I have also had experience recently with people who just don't take damage. You hit them and nothing happens, no evades, no blocks, nothing. With that said I find legitmate hacking few and far between. Most people are just ignorant of a lot of game mechanics. I've been accused of cheating by thieves when I'm running Lock On on my engineer. The best way to learn class mechanics is to play that class and test out multiple builds of said class. 

Sounds like someone who can't just play and needs help to kill people 1v1. So many lines of whining.

On 6/6/2022 at 8:34 PM, Caedmon.6798 said:

Dude,ive had the most riduculous pm's from people calling me a hacker,be it on thief or warri,i should have made screenshots so you can see how hilarious these claims are. From porting too often on thief,or swapping weaps on warri too often,theyre all a joke. Most complaints are from people not knowing mechanics.

Allegedly I got reported by some genius from Jade Sea for cheating because I capped a camp, on a warrior, while he went invulnerable. They are all special cases on that server.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Haha 3

On 6/8/2022 at 10:45 AM, Karagee.6830 said:

Allegedly I got reported by some genius from Jade Sea for cheating because I capped a camp, on a warrior, while he went invulnerable. They are all special cases on that server.

It's funny though.I usually just respond to people explaining the mechanics but then they still usually proceed that im full of it. Had a guy pm my thief after I used shadow step Port + return. When I did that he instantly stood still and started to pm me that I just ported twice in a row and Im a hacker. Its just funny at times really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/6/2022 at 12:25 AM, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I remember a guy that was teleporting inside objectives even though they weren't breached at all, fun times. You may say "hey!, he probably sneaked when it was opened before!", since you're teef you gonna defend it.
The said player (with a friend btw) changed borders and somehow again teleported inside an objective that was held for atleast few hours even though all walls and gates were 100%.
Teef and Mesmer are one of few classes that are so easy to cheat on, I wonder why~

What's really fun is people defending the exploits.  Like the thief/mesmer that ports in a zerg, straight to lords, on a structure that is not only T3, has not been attacked since reset.  Never had a wall/gate down or anything.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1