What happened to respecting the customer's time?

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

No, he didn’t write that he personally had a 70-80% fail rate or did he? The overall success rate is, according to the only factual number we have, 60%. 

Yes, but your own experience practically guarantees that the overall success rate for anyone that is not in your group is lower. The fact that there are groups that are running with (near) 100% win rates, means that there are groups out there with only occasional wins.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, but your own experience practically guarantees that the overall success rate for anyone that is not in your group is lower.

You've completely disregarded the context of the earlier posts in this comment chain and now you claim yoni said something they didn't.

Post from someone else: ~"having both long and short events is k"

moradorin: ~"long events are k, but 2h for 80% chance to fail is bad!"

yoni: "where did you get your values from? Since anet says it's 60%"

moradorin: ~"from myself and some random thread on the forum!"

you: defend moradoring because he totally has accurate numbers

moradorin: "ok I was spitballing the numbers" 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
are -> is
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

According to Anet the success rate is at least 60%. So where did you get the 70-80% from?

Also I dont think we should just accept Anets rate as factual. That is NOT how facts work. Facts are verifiable things. We cannot verify Anets data or math, therefore, its a claim; its NOT a fact!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Also I dont think we should just accept Anets rate as factual. That is NOT how facts work. Facts are verifiable things. We cannot verify Anets data or math, therefore, its a claim; its NOT a fact!

This is true. I don’t see a reason why they should lie to us but you are correct. It is still the only number that is not based solely on personal experiences. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The fact that there are groups that are running with (near) 100% win rates, means that there are groups out there with only occasional wins.

Right, I would say that makes sense within the context of averages which is why its broken still even tho some can do it pretty reliably

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

It's more of a fact than you randomly "spitballing" numbers from 6 encounters from the past 3 months, where we can easly assume you're just randomly hopping in and hoping for a free carry through it, based on your last few posts where you just keep repeating "you don't play the game anyways", "the game's ded!" and "I don't care, I just jump in here and there".

If you care so much about being factual and verifiable, you should understand why your numbers are basically randomized with a strong bias and "either you carry me or we fail" energy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

11 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

If you accuse someone of lying you should have proof. 

I didnt say anyone lied tho ever. I said, Information that is not verifiable doesnt meet the definition of Factual. and that we cannot veryify said data. I never said its a lie.

Specifically, I would define Anets data about the meta win rates and other similar things to be marketing information and customer relations. None of which makes them bound by any rule which states how that data is gathered, reviewed, used, etc. Therefore, any attribution that it is fact, is an assumption.

12 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Why do people lie about personal performance? 🙄

When I said this I meant it as a relative statement to imply that marketing information and customer relations are typically full of limited scope, creative picking of numbers from data pool and many things that can be done to make data look appealing. Its not a lie, its similar to how people lie about personal performance it seemed like a more relatable way to express the idea.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You've completely disregarded the context of the earlier posts in this comment chain and now you claim yoni said something they didn't.

Post from someone else: ~"having both long and short events are k"

moradorin: ~"long events are k, but 2h for 80% chance to fail is bad!"

yoni: "where did you get your values from? Since anet says it's 60%"

moradorin: ~"from myself and some random thread on the forum!"

you: defend moradoring because he totally has accurate numbers

moradorin: "ok I was spitballing the numbers" 🤦‍♂️

Yea but tbh spit balling means I was being generous because I was using a 2 player sample. However, I have many guildies and friends who also claim similarly low win rates at DE. I spit balled because hard math on the 2 player sample would be more like 10% win rate which is prob too low. I would say 25% win rate seems reasonable and I see no reason to assume Anet would have more reliable data since they dont provide a sample size let alone data.

his 25% win rate (1:4), my 0% win rate of 6 (0:6) gets u 1:10 or 10%

Either way everyone is left to assume.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Yea but tbh spit balling means I was being generous because I was using a 2 player sample. However, I have many guildies and friends who also claim similarly low win rates at DE. I spit balled because hard math on the 2 player sample would be more like 10% win rate which is prob too low. I would say 25% win rate seems reasonable and I see no reason to assume Anet would have more reliable data since they dont provide a sample size let alone data.

Either way everyone is left to assume.

In reality all this means is that you've literally made up a random number that you've needed to somehow ""prove"" your previously held opinion. Then you were trying to discuss what "factual" means and why you don't believe anet, but instead believe your randomized number, which is clearly strongly biased based on what I already wrote above.

6 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

his 25% win rate (1:4), my 0% win rate of 6 (0:6) gets u 1:10 or 10%

You're arguing about anet's information not being verifiable hence not being factual/believable, but you take a random forum post/thread as an instant fact, that's right 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

In reality all this means is that you've literally made up a random number that you've needed to somehow ""prove"" your previously held opinion. Then you were trying to discuss what "factual" means and why you don't believe anet, but instead believe your ranomized number, which is strongly biased based on what I already wrote above.

Everyone should believe what ever they want. as I said all along. Not sure why are trying to interject, what the point is. I said what I said and 100% stand by it. Facts are Facts, opinions are opinions and numbers Anet gives out without providing data source, sample size, how sample data was taken and shows math its just information and NOT facts. Thats how facts work. Sorry I didnt define them. And yes all numbers I give have to assumed accurate or not same as Anet. Its not facts unless you accept the data.

My point and others relates to actually getting the meta done. Im not concerned about what the % win rate is TBH. Thats a red herring.

I care about how easy it is for people to do the 2 hour meta and then not have it fail. It takes too kittening long for that kitten. You all can have it if you enjoy it. I agree with the OP its still pretty kittened up.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Everyone should believe what ever they want. as I said all along.

No, you either want "verifiable/factual numbers" which is what you've argued about here or you're just making up random ones like you've clearly did in this thread. It's nothing else than that. You ""don't believe these numbers are real"" because it goes against your previously held opinion, but the odds are anet's numbers are way more accurate than your blind guesses based on a random forum post and your own "observations" where you've already announced 5 times today that you don't play the game anyways, so you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Facts are Facts, opinions are opinions and numbers Anet gives out without providing data source, sample size, how sample data was taken and shows math its just information and NOT facts. Thats how facts work. Sorry I didnt define them. And yes all numbers I give have to assumed accurate or not same as Anet. Its not facts unless you accept the data.

All I'm saying is that you're clearly using double standards for yourself here, because you do. You belive your or someone elses random numbers, but insist that anet's aren't factual because you didn't verify them by yourself. What is so hard to understand about that? 

My point and others relates to actually getting the meta done. Im not concerned about what the % win rate is TBH. Thats a red herring.

But -by your own words- you're not even playing the game, so how can you pretend you have anything to say about learning and completing the meta when you're clerly refusing to do so? How long will you keep avoiding this fact because it doesn't fit your narrative?

And yeah, it does take long. I don't see anyone in this comment chain arguing with that, it was more about you making up random numbers and then reverting to "the other numbers aren't factual because I can't check them myself!".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

I agree with op.. i gave up trying and i gave up the Kaineng event as well. Too hard for zero rewards. I have no interest in legendaries i cannot buy.. People keep telling me i don't need them in owpve so why bother chasing those carrots..

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

I agree with op.. i gave up trying and i gave up the Kaineng event as well. Too hard for zero rewards. I have no interest in legendaries i cannot buy.. People keep telling me i don't need them in owpve so why bother chasing those carrots..

What is so hard about the Kaineng event? I have never seen it fail. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

What is so hard about the Kaineng event? I have never seen it fail. 

Mostly the distance required to complete it and the maps being dead or flicking to new maps every 15 mins make it impossible to complete.. Even with a Skyscale or Griffon i can barely get to the areas i need to in time.

Not enough waypoints and to many map changes and very few players.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Mostly the distance required to complete it and the maps being dead or flicking to new maps every 15 mins make it impossible to complete.. Even with a Skyscale or Griffon i can barely get to the areas i need to in time.

Not enough waypoints and to many map changes and very few players.

Maybe try using the LFG next time. When there is a commander on the map there are usually enough players for the meta. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Maybe try using the LFG next time. When there is a commander on the map there are usually enough players for the meta. 

Seriously LFG in a freakin owpve map.. Should i look up LFG to do a few hero points as well. Also outside of raiding there nothing on LFG at all.. on my server.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Seriously LFG in a freakin owpve map.. Should i look up LFG to do a few hero points as well.

What’s so wrong with using the LFG to get on a map to do a meta event? This is nothing new and one of the purposes of the LFG  

and no, hero points are not meta events and usually only need a couple of players, but of course you can use the LFG for some HoT hero points that are difficult to solo. 

But it is your problem if you don’t use the tools the game offers you.

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

By definition, MMORPGs are time vampires; some are just more gentle about sucking your time away than others. In that respect, GW2 is better than many I could name, but it could be be better. The idea of two-hour metas in particular needs to die a horrible fiery death in the back of a 73 Pinto. Any evolution that you have to plan your gaming evening around because it takes such a large block of time is a bad design. Period.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dante.1508 said:

Seriously LFG in a freakin owpve map.. Should i look up LFG to do a few hero points as well. Also outside of raiding there nothing on LFG at all.. on my server.

YES. Having trouble getting a certain hero point? Shout it out in map chat, or put up a group in LFG. Or just join the regular HP trains when they're running.

And in case you haven't gotten the years-old news, individual servers only matter in WvW. The PVE world is a megaserver. Everyone on NA is playing with everyone else on NA. So to say "There's nothing in LFG on my server" shows a lack of understanding how this game works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1