Can Gandara Have A Link?

Heisen.2315

Do you have the problem that TC had most of the last year, where Anet counted you as a full server because 15 people were running into walls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?  Funny enough, as soon as those 15+ people stopped running into walls every day, we were no longer full.

Edited by Ubi.4136
  • Sad 2

Many on Gandara have had enough. No commanders on any borders, and to be honest a total disinterest in the game mode. If it's no longer fun why should we play it? If ANet evened the numbers up we might start playing again, until then few people on Gandara give a kitten about WvW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Think it's time for Gandara to post another video. And no, not on it, but after their previous creative endeavors will give them a +5 on requests even if I am a NA player.

The message has been forwarded... we are trying to trick her into making Act IV for some time now anyway!

Edited by Zepoolpe.9217

On 6/11/2022 at 6:30 PM, Ubi.4136 said:

Do you have the problem that TC had most of the last year, where Anet counted you as a full server because 15 people were running into walls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?  Funny enough, as soon as those 15+ people stopped running into walls every day, we were no longer full.

No EU have specific problems that NA do not have and can't have because it is player driven in NA because Arena Net gave the players in NA the possibillity to make choices. In EU Arena Net decide which server is going to have  players and which servers is not. And for some servers there is exceptionally unfair choices made.

Let me explain what i mean. 

In NA there are 4 tiers. All hosts in NA have a link. And regardless what happens if the host is closed or open or the link is closed or open there is ALWAYS options for players to have a WvW with enough players. And even if the host is closed guilds on the host can still recruit from links and if the host stay closed at least those players can at next relink move to the link and still be with the guild or friends they joined. There are options, and there is NEVER stalemate.

Ok so lets move over to EU. In EU we have 5 tiers and there for 3 servers on EACH relink will be without a link. That means that those 3 servers will fight servers with a host and a link. But wait there is more. Often enough those servers who don't get a link and are already VERY vulnerable and unable to compete usually also get closed. So now they have no links and are closed.

This means that those 3 servers have no chance of having a good WvW situation for 60 days and so far this means they will fall down to tier 5 and just wait it out. Because it is impossible to fight two other servers who are a host and a link and another host and a link. You simply do not have that cover if you are only a host against 4 servers (host link)

As a guild you can not surive or stay competative. You have no way of recruit because you have no link to recruit from and even if you could you are locked. and noone can join. No guild big or small surive that in the longer run.

But wait there is more. There are a few servers in EU who is treated even worse. There is no reason to why they should be but for some reason they are and no matter how many times we ask about it we get no answers.. The worst treated is Gandara. After that we have Deso, SFR and a few others. 

What do i mean when i say this. Ok So it is now 368 days since Gandara was open. And when it was open it was less then two weeks. Before those two weeks it was closed for 270 days. This means that Gandara with one exception been closed for nearly two years. During this time we have had links 2 times a year, might be 3 so say 2-3 times a year. ALL other time outside of that we been closed with no link for nearly two years. Now imagine your servers being a host being closed for that long and how it would be possible to remain competative, how to recruit new players, how to join in friends who newly started. It is not possible.

So now you ask yeah but if you are full you are full and have players, Yeeeah, NO. I can admit without issues that about 2-3 years ago Gandara was full. Really full. We had cover and lots of guilds. Over the years being closed all the time guilds move off, players move off because the only thing we face is outnumbered on all borders unless primetime and two nights a week. And then we don't even have queue, but we have half full squads who face host + link  and host +link. It is exhausting, it is unfun and most of all it is unfair. SUPERUNFAIR: Arena Net should never decide about the outcome of server matches. It should always be by the players as it is in NA. But for some reason Arena Net have decided that Gandara is full and should remain closed. It is a impossible equation. And i who have many alt accounts both in EU and NA can easy see the differences between a full server and a not full server. And Gandara is not full. 

There is nothing we can do anymore. We don't understand why we are treated like this and why noone from Arena Net can respond to us. It feels like a punnishment for something we done nothing to deserve. And we are soo burned out at this point that it is not fun anymore. 

So no this is nothing like NA. It is something that EU have to deal with until Anet finally remove tier 5. Until then we will alsways have this issue, but at some point i hope the bully of Gandara will end, because we do not deserve it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Sometimes I wonder if Gandara has an alt problem.  People want to follow Cormac late into the night on weekend but as soon as he is gone its a ghost town.  It makes me think they go to different accounts on other servers to play those times.  Since one of the effects of being unlinked is, generally, transfers out, but Gandara never opens, that means nobody is transfering out. Hence it never opens up.  People are sort of just skirting the system with alts.

Now, I know at least a part of the algorithm for server pop is wvw time played, but they've never said EXACTLY how its figured.  Maybe this unique behavior is gunking up Gandara's status?

Its all wild guessing on my part anyway. I can't really think of any other reason considering how its suffering currently but stays full.

8 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

No EU have specific problems that NA do not have and can't have because it is player driven in NA because Arena Net gave the players in NA the possibillity to make choices. In EU Arena Net decide which server is going to have  players and which servers is not. And for some servers there is exceptionally unfair choices made.

Let me explain what i mean. 

In NA there are 4 tiers. All hosts in NA have a link. And regardless what happens if the host is closed or open or the link is closed or open there is ALWAYS options for players to have a WvW with enough players. And even if the host is closed guilds on the host can still recruit from links and if the host stay closed at least those players can at next relink move to the link and still be with the guild or friends they joined. There are options, and there is NEVER stalemate.

Ok so lets move over to EU. In EU we have 5 tiers and there for 3 servers on EACH relink will be without a link. That means that those 3 servers will fight servers with a host and a link. But wait there is more. Often enough those servers who don't get a link and are already VERY vulnerable and unable to compete usually also get closed. So now they have no links and are closed.

This means that those 3 servers have no chance of having a good WvW situation for 60 days and so far this means they will fall down to tier 5 and just wait it out. Because it is impossible to fight two other servers who are a host and a link and another host and a link. You simply do not have that cover if you are only a host against 4 servers (host link)

As a guild you can not surive or stay competative. You have no way of recruit because you have no link to recruit from and even if you could you are locked. and noone can join. No guild big or small surive that in the longer run.

But wait there is more. There are a few servers in EU who is treated even worse. There is no reason to why they should be but for some reason they are and no matter how many times we ask about it we get no answers.. The worst treated is Gandara. After that we have Deso, SFR and a few others. 

What do i mean when i say this. Ok So it is now 368 days since Gandara was open. And when it was open it was less then two weeks. Before those two weeks it was closed for 270 days. This means that Gandara with one exception been closed for nearly two years. During this time we have had links 2 times a year, might be 3 so say 2-3 times a year. ALL other time outside of that we been closed with no link for nearly two years. Now imagine your servers being a host being closed for that long and how it would be possible to remain competative, how to recruit new players, how to join in friends who newly started. It is not possible.

So now you ask yeah but if you are full you are full and have players, Yeeeah, NO. I can admit without issues that about 2-3 years ago Gandara was full. Really full. We had cover and lots of guilds. Over the years being closed all the time guilds move off, players move off because the only thing we face is outnumbered on all borders unless primetime and two nights a week. And then we don't even have queue, but we have half full squads who face host + link  and host +link. It is exhausting, it is unfun and most of all it is unfair. SUPERUNFAIR: Arena Net should never decide about the outcome of server matches. It should always be by the players as it is in NA. But for some reason Arena Net have decided that Gandara is full and should remain closed. It is a impossible equation. And i who have many alt accounts both in EU and NA can easy see the differences between a full server and a not full server. And Gandara is not full. 

There is nothing we can do anymore. We don't understand why we are treated like this and why noone from Arena Net can respond to us. It feels like a punnishment for something we done nothing to deserve. And we are soo burned out at this point that it is not fun anymore. 

So no this is nothing like NA. It is something that EU have to deal with until Anet finally remove tier 5. Until then we will alsways have this issue, but at some point i hope the bully of Gandara will end, because we do not deserve it.

55 minutes ago, SFShinigami.1572 said:

Sometimes I wonder if Gandara has an alt problem.  People want to follow Cormac late into the night on weekend but as soon as he is gone its a ghost town.  It makes me think they go to different accounts on other servers to play those times.  Since one of the effects of being unlinked is, generally, transfers out, but Gandara never opens, that means nobody is transfering out. Hence it never opens up.  People are sort of just skirting the system with alts.

Now, I know at least a part of the algorithm for server pop is wvw time played, but they've never said EXACTLY how its figured.  Maybe this unique behavior is gunking up Gandara's status?

Its all wild guessing on my part anyway. I can't really think of any other reason considering how its suffering currently but stays full.

ANet, this is a good example of where more visibility into the who/what/where would help the playerbase understand what the what is. Don't leave peeps in a spot where they have to guess what's up, numbers and stats help players. Just sayin. Its not simple we get that, but help us feel like its less random. Again, SBI here so I have no dogs in the race, just providing feedback/opinion. Good hunting to all. And again, thanks for the artist endeavors. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SFShinigami.1572 said:

There are transfers out but Gandara still doesn't open. The biggest example I can think of is Kazo but there are more players that have moved since the last time Gandara was open.

23 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

ANet, this is a good example of where more visibility into the who/what/where would help the playerbase understand what the what is. Don't leave peeps in a spot where they have to guess what's up, numbers and stats help players. Just sayin. Its not simple we get that, but help us feel like its less random.

Amen to that.

So true and yet so rarely done.

I have already written it and I repeat I am completely on the side of gandara here.

and now dear anet it is not enough that you reopen it, you have to sit down and reason, look where the error is, solve and improve. that is our desire.

I certainly don't want to deny the great work you are doing with alliances. but it is here before your eyes, gandara has suffered all kinds of free difficulties, yet it is still there and its players will still do everything for their team.

this should tell you and should tell us something or not? this in my opinion is an added and pricey value for this mode. you will only notice it when we have lost it.

• Like 1