Sometimes they come back

53 minutes ago, lightstalker.1498 said:

"We are taking this very seriously. The following 10 players listed below have been given permanent dishonor."

Yeah sure whatever you say Anet, super serious.  🙈

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember reading that thread and was no longer in NA.

The most "memorable" thing on that thread was the lack of remorse from the parties being suspended. Obviously lacked respect for Anet. All good if it's between them and Anet and doesn't affect the player base but that may have ignited a culture of cheating and manipulating that pushed away a good chunk of NA's honest and competitive pvp player base. It may have existed prior but that gave others lacking in morals a non verbal permission that it's "okay" to do as one wishes to satisfy their digital gratification in exchange for money. 

Quite comical and sad at the same time

Edited by greedywholesome.9081
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 6/16/2022 at 2:25 AM, greedywholesome.9081 said:

The most "memorable" thing on that thread was the lack of remorse from the parties being suspended. Obviously lacked respect for Anet. All good if it's between them and Anet and doesn't affect the player base but that may have ignited a culture of cheating and manipulating that pushed away a good chunk of NA's honest and competitive pvp player base. It may have existed prior but that gave others lacking in morals a non verbal permission that it's "okay" to do as one wishes to satisfy their digital gratification in exchange for money. 

What is even more sad is most of these names seem to enjoy being the only competitive team that exists so they can just farm every tournament with no opposition.

• Like 3

Aaah...the win-trading cartel. Isn't history beautiful?

On 6/16/2022 at 2:25 AM, greedywholesome.9081 said:

I extend that same contempt right back at them. I've called out these "influencers" and their mouthpieces for years on these forums. The "top-end" would not even exist in an actual competitive environment and they know it. That some in this community choose to polish their behinds and push their talking points is hilarious. Of course, the only reason they're on "top" is that nobody cares. NOBODY wants to watch or participate in pvp with the same kitten teams on Twitch. A pvp mode that does not progress whatsoever.

Society as a whole, never mind this game, has an unhealthy obsession with celebrities and influencers. A big chunk of people are just that impressionable and gullible. However, they will see past the smoke and mirrors when they get older.

• Like 2