Joon's Mansion is the Worst

24 minutes ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

If a puzzle is really so simple and boring, as OP claims, it takes more time to open google to search for a walkthrough than just doing it regularly.

Boring does not have to mean fast. In fact, a lot of things are boring because they take too long. A walkthrough can save you time on missteps, i.e. speed up something boring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I didn't have any problems with the mansion and completed it on my first try with no hints/walkthrough on a build with 0 toughness and vitality (not counting the jade core) :classic_cool: I thought it was pretty fun and straightforward. 👌 

If you had to look up a walkthrough, it means it was too difficult for you and that is OK :classic_laugh: If the mansion was starting to frustrate you because you are stuck at a part that you know the average player would have figured out in 10 sec, that is OK :classic_love: Everyone has the right to play however they want, even if it means looking up a walkthrough for every single thing in this already casual and easy game :classic_biggrin: I would recommend taking a break or temporarily play a different game if you are no longer having fun :classic_unsure: After all, why did you play this game in the first place? :classic_happy: Certainly not to come on the forums and vent :classic_tongue:

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

I didn't have any problems with the mansion and completed it on my first try with no hints/walkthrough on a build with 0 toughness and vitality (not counting the jade core) :classic_cool: I thought it was pretty fun and straightforward. 👌 

If you had to look up a walkthrough, it means it was too difficult for you and that is OK :classic_laugh: If the mansion was starting to frustrate you because you are stuck at a part that you know the average player would have figured out in 10 sec, that is OK :classic_love: Everyone has the right to play however they want, even if it means looking up a walkthrough for every single thing in this already casual and easy game :classic_biggrin: I would recommend taking a break or temporarily play a different game if you are no longer having fun :classic_unsure: After all, why did you play this game in the first place? :classic_happy: Certainly not to come on the forums and vent :classic_tongue:

Now that's what I call bait 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Boring and simple do not mean quick. 

I don't think so, simple means exactly quick, or at least more quickly than following a guide. If not, it means it's not simple enough for OP.

Edited by Zaraki.5784
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Boring does not have to mean fast. In fact, a lot of things are boring because they take too long. A walkthrough can save you time on missteps, i.e. speed up something boring.

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Boring and simple do not mean quick. 

While true when talking about the meaning of these words out of context, if the puzzle is easy but just long, opening the guide doesn't make it any shorter and seems to be a waste of time.

Again, nothing wrong with using a guide, but it just looks like "I couldn't find a solution fast enough, so I've opened the guide... but it's totally not because of the difficulty!". Well, if it's not the difficulty, then what did that guide even do for you?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

While true when talking about the meaning of these words out of context, if the puzzle is easy but just long, opening the guide doesn't make it any shorter and seems to be a waste of time.

Again, nothing wrong with using a guide, but it just looks like "I couldn't find a solution fast enough, so I've opened the guide... but it's totally not because of the difficulty!". Well, if it's not the difficulty, then what did that guide even do for you?

A guide can give you the confidence that your assumptions about what to do are correct, so you won't waste any time. Easy doesn't mean you know with complete confidence what will work for each step. You can't know that until you've done it.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

A guide can give you the confidence that your assumptions about what to do are correct, so you won't waste any time. Easy doesn't mean you know with complete confidence what will work for each step. You can't know that until you've done it.

The claim was that it was easy, if it's easy, you're breezing through it. At that point opening the guide and reading through it is a waste of time in itself.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I have no interest in playing any of the story without a guide.  That is what guides are for.  😎

I probably could have done the 1st half (charges/doors) without a guide, if I bothered to try, but I would not have gotten through the pile of boxes fight without a guide. Not a problem though... because I would not play the story without a guide. 

As for puzzles in general - GW2 is not really a puzzle game. I do not play it for puzzles. I am just here for monster bashing. I do not let the story or puzzles get in the way of my fun. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

I have no interest in playing any of the story without a guide.  That is what guides are for.  😎

I probably could have done the 1st half (charges/doors) without a guide, if I bothered to try, but I would not have gotten through the pile of boxes fight without a guide. Not a problem though... because I would not play the story without a guide. 

As for puzzles in general - GW2 is not really a puzzle game. I do not play it for puzzles. I am just here for monster bashing. I do not let the story or puzzles get in the way of my fun. 

Good for you I agree with Josh Strife Hayes on this one

Like it, took me some time to solve the puzzle but the instance is well done so it was only my smartness to blame. Tbh is the most memorable part of the EOD story and I hope I see these kind of puzzle in future development of the story.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

Absolutely understandable! But then again, your position of "I don't want to do the puzzles, I'm here to slap stuff!" is different than previously mentioned (not by you) "I try completing puzzles on my own, but if it takes too long, I'm using guides ...but it's not connected to the difficulty, ok?". 😉 

Not that I think there's anything wrong with it anyways. If someone gets annoyed by a puzzle because it takes too long for them to solve then whip out that guide and move on if that's what they want. Except then it's pretty clearly connected to the difficulty and the inability to find an item or solve the puzzle in the timeframe they'd like it to take.

• Confused 3

On 6/19/2022 at 9:54 AM, Zaraki.5784 said:

I don't think so, simple means exactly quick, or at least more quickly than following a guide. If not, it means it's not simple enough for OP.

Simple is not a synonym for Quick. Simple is lacking complexity without any reference to how long something takes. In my teens I dug post holes along a stretch of property extending for miles. Digging a hole every 6' was very simple, no complexity to the task at all, and yet it took months to complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Simple is not a synonym for Quick. Simple is lacking complexity without any reference to how long something takes. In my teens I dug post holes along a stretch of property extending for miles. Digging a hole every 6' was very simple, no complexity to the task at all, and yet it took months to complete.

Ok and would a guide somehow make it faster? Because right now you're just broadly discussing meaning of the words while completely disregarding the context of this thread or the posts in it. In your case digging holes along a stretch of property was easy, but took long. But if you've decided to read how to dig a hole before every post, it would save you no time, but instead achieve the opposite. Similarly here, if the puzzle is easy, but just long, opening a guide is a waste of time.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3