Meatoberfest - When is it celebrated?

TheLadyOfTheRings.9148

• Meatoberfest is a reference to the German Oktoberfest where, commonly, beer is served.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meatoberfest

The Oktoberfest is a 16- to 18-day folk festival running from mid- or late-September to around the first Sunday in October

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest

Although in Tyria, they probably don't use a Jan-Dec calendar like us (feel free to correct me though). So saying it takes place in October would be an overstatement as the name would be just for the sake of referencing the real life festival. One could say it takes place the same time our character is in the starting area and before they join the first order of Tyria.

Edited by Wolfb.7025
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

Hey everyone.

As the title says, do you know when Meatoberfest is celebrated among the charr? In game it seems to always be there, but I'm wondering if there's lore on why and when it's celebrated.

Thank you!

Most of the maps are "time-locked" and set to a specific timeframe, so they don't really show the passage of time. That particular smaller festival is such an occurrence, as it's part of the Heart but wouldn't be celebrated year-round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2022 at 1:35 PM, Wolfb.7025 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meatoberfest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest

Although in Tyria, they probably don't use a Jan-Dec calendar like us (feel free to correct me though). So saying it takes place in October would be an overstatement as the name would be just for the sake of referencing the real life festival. One could say it takes place the same time our character is in the starting area and before they join the first order of Tyria.

Man, 16-18 day would be a perfect fit for the system anet does of running 3-week festivals, so 21 days... and we don’t really have a beginning of fall/thanksgiving/Oktoberfest holiday yet, nor do we have a holiday in the black citadel...

I really wish we’d get more new holidays. I think the perfect system would be almost one all the time, and the idea is instead of having 6 a year like now and then being just rare enough you feel a constant pressure to do the daily every single day so you don’t miss, there would be enough throughout the year that you defintiely can’t get them all.  The excess breeds relaxation, and the mood shifts to ‘there’s always something so just catch what’s on’ away from the way anet updates the dailies to these every year to subtlety make you feel like you have to be on constantly.  (Also if we get ones almost constant they won’t be as rare through the year and maybe anet won’t be able to use them as a crutch for their content plans as much, and more of a background supplement. Except years when they’re newly added since that actually IS brand new content and not just flipping a switch)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/22/2022 at 7:46 PM, Fenom.9457 said:

I really wish we’d get more new holidays. 

Same here! All races except Charr and Sylvari have at least 1 festival in their main city (Hoelbrak has Dragon Bash; Rata Sum has Super Adventure Box; Divinity's Reach has Wintersday and Lunar New Year; Lion's Arch has Shadow of the Mad King). Would be great to introduce more festivals and have them in the Black Citadel and the Grove. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 9:27 PM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

See, that's because gw2 is rated T and well...you all can figure out the rest!

They could make it work! There’s drinking and adult content all over the game they just have to not do.. certain things...