[Suggestion] Regional Pricing

Hello,

As you know, we are going through a season of global economic difficulties. I live in Turkey and I'm feeling that with 10x multiplier.

I have been playing this game since its release, yet it became difficult to buy the new expansion or gem store items. Can you please offer regional pricing for countries with bad economies?
Almost 90% of the games on steam does this, maybe you can offer this with steam release as well. (Though it may not affect old players who play the standalone version)

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Umut.5471 said:

Can you please offer regional pricing for countries with bad economies?

Is your economy bad enough that farming outpaces minimum wage jobs for gold acquisition. <insert absolute Win Meme here>. In case of the expansion there may will be a sale before regional pricing becomes a thing. Game is a decade old, I wouldn't get my hopes up about Regional pricing. If you really desperate for a discount on the game for poor regions your only realistic chance is to pray steam release will throw you a bone in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

Is your economy bad enough that farming outpaces minimum wage jobs for gold acquisition. <insert absolute Win Meme here>. In case of the expansion there may will be a sale before regional pricing becomes a thing. Game is a decade old, I wouldn't get my hopes up about Regional pricing. If you really desperate for a discount on the game for poor regions your only realistic chance is to pray steam release will throw you a bone in that regard.

Yea but then they have to start all over from zero tho.

29 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea but then they have to start all over from zero tho.

Oh. Anet does plan to not make accounts transferable. I remember reading something like that. Maybe the come to their senses? Yeah OP seems to be in trouble. Better get that drizzlewood rotation going and hope for a timely eod discount.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Maybe we can make a sliding scale cost for everyone with proof of income.....or not, since games are a luxury item not a necessity.

Not only totally irrelevant to the thread, but...are you aware of the many luxuries sold at different prices across the globe? It's how they make sales, since 99.99% of luxury items are sold at enormous markups, making the sale price a function of an area's GDP.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

Not only totally irrelevant to the thread, but...are you aware of the many luxuries sold at different prices across the globe? It's how they make sales, since 99.99% of luxury items are sold at enormous markups, making the sale price a function of an area's GDP.

If it's sold in a certain country yes, but if buy a jar of jam from the UK, and it had to be shipped, I pay the UK price, not the price it would be if they sold it in my own country.  I don't ask for goods or services online to be marked according to how my country is prospering or not, I pay what they ask or I don't buy it.   So essentially it's a sliding scale, and are you going to do that with all items across all the countries and their states/provinces/etc or just some?  People in urban Vancouver don't make the same amount as someone in rural Nova Scotia.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

If it's sold in a certain country yes, but if buy a jar of jam from the UK, and it had to be shipped, I pay the UK price, not the price it would be if they sold it in my own country.  I don't ask for goods or services online to be marked according to how my country is prospering or not, I pay what they ask or I don't buy it.  

No, you pay the asking price plus the cost of transport plus export and duties, plus taxes -- often all rolled into the inflated price.

That's why instead of buying the jam from the UK, you buy it locally from Canadia.

It's why in the UK, a box of yankie doodle marshmallow cereal costs about £6, which is what, $10? Because of the additional costs involved. Whereas a UK knockoff is about £1.50.

In any case, you've gone from talking about luxuries to food, and from digital goods to physical ones...

The point i made was that these luxury goods are sold at varying prices internationally because the goal is sales, not make-believe equality in price parity. The sole reason Anet doesn't bother is because you'd then need to implement region locking to prevent cheaper keys being resold. And since NCSoft's willingness to invest in the game is already a joke, it's clear this will never happen.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4