Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

I think the balance team don't even play this game, for them it's only paycheck job that they must do whatever in it, they are completely disconnected from the player base and from the game and how players play this, and what we want best for the game, 

I am not talking about all the dev team, because the rest of the game is still awesome, just the balance team did a horrible job. No idea what they balanced and why, also why they didn't balance the overpowered classes and the super nerfed one????? 🙄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I think the balance team don't even play this game, for them it's only paycheck job that they must do whatever in it, they are completely disconnected from the player base and from the game and how players play this, and what we want best for the game, 

I am not talking about all the dev team, because the rest of the game is still awesome, just the balance team did a horrible job. No idea what they balanced and why, also why they didn't balance the overpowered classes and the super nerfed one????? 🙄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

In the same patch they buffed a necro elite skill (because of course, it is necro) they nerfed three ranger elite ones.

They reduced the ally count on Glyph of the Star (stealth nerfed, but expected), while still keeping all of the clunkiness of having to channel a static aoe skill.

They removed access to stability on the elite spirit.

They butchered OWP in PvE.

I'd say this is a nice representantion of your disgusting class favorism, Anet. Go guardian, engie or necro, or uninstall.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/27/2022 at 10:50 PM, Jthug.9506 said:

So how is removing over half the bonus healing to allies from salvation ok? Not only deleting heal alac rev from the game but also dishing out mammoth nerfs to every kind of heal revenant build? Ouch. I can take a hint, I know when I’m not wanted, I’ll see myself out.

How is it not when those outgoing heal modifiers where completely out of wack compared to other classes? I'm assuming PvE as you're talking about alac rev: you had the potential to reach 55 % outgoing healing from traits before counting Selfless Amplification and any other source like monk runes. The current potential is much more in line with other classes. 40 % from traits is the same maximum as druid can get.

Those modifiers aren't the problem if heal rev turns out to be a complete dud.

Edited by Lazze.9870

What I dont understand is how Engineer bubble and revenant ventari bubble block projectiles even if the source is inside the bubble...it makes no sense. Literally no way to get through the kitten things unless they are unblockable! Lifesteal needs to not be blockable if combined with a projectile / these bubbles need to allow projectiles to be blocked only if outside! 

hell even make it where we can only block like 10 projectiles before the bubbles disappear or cost 1 energy on revenant per projectile blocked

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What makes me laugh is that it takes I don't know how long it will take to nerf the guardian, mechanist, while it only took a few weeks to nerf the vindicator years counted the extension nerf. Knowing that for 2 years you have rotten the revenant. It is not the changes of the ventari that will change everything.

The balancing is in the strawberries, to remain polite. I don't care if the classes are strong in PvE as long as they have a use, I don't mean having all the buffs. I haven't looked at other classes but the way it was done on the herald is not the best.

You just let one person make the balancing decisions? I'm not saying the community knows everything but at least listen to good ideas or ask good players what to do to improve the class. Even if everything is not feasible try to see in the ideas there are some good ones.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2022 at 3:11 PM, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

What I dont understand is how Engineer bubble and revenant ventari bubble block projectiles even if the source is inside the bubble...it makes no sense. Literally no way to get through the kitten things unless they are unblockable! Lifesteal needs to not be blockable if combined with a projectile / these bubbles need to allow projectiles to be blocked only if outside! 

hell even make it where we can only block like 10 projectiles before the bubbles disappear or cost 1 energy on revenant per projectile blocked

It seems to me that it works the same with the guard and the war.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/5/2022 at 4:28 AM, Angesombre.4630 said:

What makes me laugh is that it takes I don't know how long it will take to nerf the guardian, mechanist, while it only took a few weeks to nerf the vindicator years counted the extension nerf. Knowing that for 2 years you have rotten the revenant. It is not the changes of the ventari that will change everything.

The balancing is in the strawberries, to remain polite. I don't care if the classes are strong in PvE as long as they have a use, I don't mean having all the buffs. I haven't looked at other classes but the way it was done on the herald is not the best.

You just let one person make the balancing decisions? I'm not saying the community knows everything but at least listen to good ideas or ask good players what to do to improve the class. Even if everything is not feasible try to see in the ideas there are some good ones.

I have to agree almost 100% with you, but in my opinion they dont need to nerf mechanist, firebrand, harbinger (they are nerfing them but not at the same level than others), just buff others and make them relevant at the same level of those. Maybe yes nerf harbinger quickness aplication cause it makes no sense having to spend 0 on boon duration and geting perma quickness with vipers gear...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ruisenior.6342 said:

I have to agree almost 100% with you, but in my opinion they dont need to nerf mechanist, firebrand, harbinger (they are nerfing them but not at the same level than others), just buff others and make them relevant at the same level of those. Maybe yes nerf harbinger quickness aplication cause it makes no sense having to spend 0 on boon duration and geting perma quickness with vipers gear...

I agree with you, I'm more for upgrading others to the same level. But not in any way, in the way that Anet apply the nerf/balance it's very badly done, and it's not by doing like with the herald that it's going to fix things, or directly reducing the vindi while others are powerful. 

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 2