Buy or Farm materials for Ascended set?

This really depends on the way you like to play the game really.

If you "enjoy" farming or if it's at least not annoying to you then go ahead and farm everything you need, there are great ressources all over the internet that help with efficient farming methods.

If you just want to quickly have all the materials you need for crafting there is the fastest way to get it: Buy Gems and transfer them into gold and buy everything you need with it. If you already have enough gold you can skip the first part but thats really it.

Some people like to farm their stuff and it's an activity worth their time, others view it as a chore and would rather not do it, there are ways for both. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My approach has been to stop and gather in the course of normal play, then buy the rest.

In times past I have parked alts at the Orr wood farm, but in the end I usually make enough gold or have more fun doing other things, so it’s not worth it.

You mentioned either breezing through zones to farm or just buying, but there’s a third option of you do have alts you’re not regularly using. Park them at a rich node or farm spot and just do that each day. That way you aren’t spending time just following a farm route, but over time ten strikes per character over a few characters will add up to a lot of mats and take very little time each login.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2

Two places you are always guaranteed resources to farm are at your Guild and Home instances. You can customize your Home instance nodes by purchasing more at the BLTC. Visit the Guild and Home instances once a day to harvest all the nodes. This convenience saves a lot of time, then you can farm the world as you normally would do. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1