Justice for Heal Vindicator

Wolfshade.9251

I understand that alacrity was removed from core revenant in order to give quickness to herald. However, this change completely ruined heal vindicator. As it stands, it was the only heal-alacrity option to rival heal mechanist on certain encounters (adina, most noticeably). It also required precise timing and great reflexes to pull off full alacrity uptime in endgame content while providing miniscule amounts of stability or reflects. I know that this playstyle isn't for everyone, but I definitely enjoyed playing this much more engaging support option (as opposed to pressing F2-F3 off cooldown and autoattacking to get the same result on mechanist).

Heal vindicator will never be viable in endgame content without providing quickness or alacrity - can something be done about that?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I agree.  I really enjoyed the playstyle of the heavy healer.  I was able to swap to centaur for heals and CC on walls in WvW, or dwarf for brick roads if needed.  The red/blue stances were great for parking on siege users to provide some alacrity or quickness depending.  The utility was fun, the fact that you could help siege users was great, the stability output was timely enough to work, and the subsquad buffs it provided felt right to me.  I leaned into the regen with my rune choice and really liked the healing output.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

I understand that alacrity was removed from core revenant in order to give quickness to herald. However, this change completely ruined heal vindicator. As it stands, it was the only heal-alacrity option to rival heal mechanist on certain encounters (adina, most noticeably). It also required precise timing and great reflexes to pull off full alacrity uptime in endgame content while providing miniscule amounts of stability or reflects. I know that this playstyle isn't for everyone, but I definitely enjoyed playing this much more engaging support option (as opposed to pressing F2-F3 off cooldown and autoattacking to get the same result on mechanist).

Heal vindicator will never be viable in endgame content without providing quickness or alacrity - can something be done about that?

Yeah I'm not sure why the devs seem to think we need a Hybrid Healer that can't do anything exceptionally well (in either damage or healing). They need to figure out what they want Vindicator to do and if it's supposed to be able to fill multiple roles (like FB does, for example, is both a healer and a dps and it does both exceptionally well). Vindicator had the basic things necessary to be excellent at dps or healing if specialized, however, with this removal of alacrity it's now lost one of those necessary components (and ofc the loss of dps through removal of unique boons). It's unclear to me what the devs want this class to be. 

Not to mention that the removal of Alacrity from Core hurt the class overall, not just in Vindicator. AlacHerald isn't a thing now either and Heal Ren now has to make sure it runs more boon uptime to instead of being able to pad the uptime with Ventari. Two niche builds completely removed and one build altered to make room for inferior QuckHealHerald. Yikes.

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 6

I'm curious on your setups for WvW, I'm currently using Herald+Goat which is more of a passive healing/boon support while Vind with its jump and song would be a lot more burst healing I'm guessing?

I'm still not sure how Urn would be used, my brain tells me you would still explode even with all the stats it gives while up. 

On 6/29/2022 at 11:21 PM, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Yeah I'm not sure why the devs seem to think we need a Hybrid Healer that can't do anything exceptionally well (in either damage or healing). They need to figure out what they want Vindicator to do and if it's supposed to be able to fill multiple roles (like FB does, for example, is both a healer and a dps and it does both exceptionally well). Vindicator had the basic things necessary to be excellent at dps or healing if specialized, however, with this removal of alacrity it's now lost one of those necessary components (and ofc the loss of dps through removal of unique boons). It's unclear to me what the devs want this class to be. 

Not to mention that the removal of Alacrity from Core hurt the class overall, not just in Vindicator. AlacHerald isn't a thing now either and Heal Ren now has to make sure it runs more boon uptime to instead of being able to pad the uptime with Ventari. Two niche builds completely removed and one build altered to make room for inferior QuckHealHerald. Yikes.

Honestly I don't want them to decide what it should do. It should be up to us how we build it, and they need to make it so that we can build it however we want. That was the whole appeal of this game for me. They just gotta give us the tools. I want them to realize this someday. 😞

• Like 1

I think heal vindicator is incredibly fun in wvw, it can put out a ton of healing and condition cleanses, and has a really reactive playstyle. Also, ventari is very powerful right now, especially with the projectile block bubble. But, unless you take dwarf stance, it lacks stability or any really good boons. It has good protection, vigor, and regeneration uptime, but unfortunately without better access to boons like aegis and stability it feels a little lacking in wvw compared to other specs who have a ton of access to those boons. And without alacrity or quickness, it won't be viable in endgame pve as a support either. So the spec is in a really weird place at the moment, but I still find it a lot of fun to play.

• Thanks 1

Anet created this problem. Healers without boons are not desired. Flat out. It does not matter how much they overheal, people want the healers to provide either quickness or alacrity + other boons. Any healer that does not do this is doomed to irrelevancy. So anytime anet doesn't let a healer do this, they failed. I would be all in favor of them just getting rid of boons. They wont. Firebrand would stop being auto picked for every group if they did that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 4:47 PM, Angesombre.4630 said:

I admit it's pretty good in healing the vindicator even if it lacks a little something, but it should be a hybrid class and I don't see that side of it, I just see an extra heal class.

Stop caring about bon duration  then, or at best use celestial.

15 hours ago, Fwog.9387 said:

Anet created this problem. Healers without boons are not desired. Flat out. It does not matter how much they overheal, people want the healers to provide either quickness or alacrity + other boons. Any healer that does not do this is doomed to irrelevancy. So anytime anet doesn't let a healer do this, they failed. I would be all in favor of them just getting rid of boons. They wont. Firebrand would stop being auto picked for every group if they did that. 

That's because Anet design ends everything in boons players feel the need to have perma everything to reach the max possible low effort gameplay, and some stats give everything for defensive which allow them to have boons and heals when stacked.

IF Anet change minstrell stats  that gets fixed, remove toughness from it... and apply crit chance since 25 might stacks its 1k power that makes minstrell toon within close to 2k power in which help them make better damage but have to learn to play better rather than being  a class to stack n spam .

If players want healing power and boon duration they should not be that sturdy, its caled trade off and balance, 2 words that 10 years later Anet is still figuring what is wroten  in the dictionary.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2