Toned down weapon effects

Is it possible to strip my weapon effects? 
I mean there are MANY nice weapon skins in GW2. But some has way much glow that they either hurt my eyes or distracts from that already nice weapon skin.
Can you make toned down versions of the shinny ones?? Make them plain, no need so many special effects. 

Sell them as exotics in TP. Lol

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

There is no way to change or remove part of a weapon skin, including effects. You either use that skin with everything it offers or a different one entirely.

However there are many weapon skins without glow or other effects, so you may be able to find one you like just as much. You can use the wardrobe in-game, or the Wiki's galleries (search for 'Gallery of [weapon type]' e.g. Gallery of swords).

In this case the wardrobe is likely to be more useful, because then you can see the animations, it's not always clear from the still images which are animated and which aren't. But the Wiki galleries can be a quick way to find skins which are worth checking out in-game, if you have a general idea of what you're looking for.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 3

More "orthodox" (no flashing lights and garish colors) but interesting weapon sets.

Examples: Plasma, Improvised, Aetherized

The plain old Krytan set is one of my favorites - just clean and classic styling.

Edited by narwhalsbend.7059
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

On 7/3/2022 at 3:40 AM, narwhalsbend.7059 said:

The plain old Krytan set is one of my favorites - just clean and classic styling.

Couldn't agree more. During a beta test a Krytan longbow dropped for me. I instantly fell in love with that skin and it still is my favorite.

I really wish there were more skins like this: Elegant and subtle (without flashy effects), yet detailed with a good texture resolution (unlike the crafted weapons).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Andur.9275 said:

I really wish there were more skins like this: Elegant and subtle (without flashy effects), yet detailed with a good texture resolution (unlike the crafted weapons).

That's why I fell in love with the weapons Sparking Stone offers. I worked my tail off to get some of them (especially the Dragon Bash ones), and they are so worth it. Beautifully detailed, unique, and without big flashing effects or trails or anything that takes away from the design of the weapon itself.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

That's why I fell in love with the weapons Sparking Stone offers. I worked my tail off to get some of them (especially the Dragon Bash ones), and they are so worth it. Beautifully detailed, unique, and without big flashing effects or trails or anything that takes away from the design of the weapon itself.

I finished them off this year and i love them 

I think if Anet could find a way to seperate weapons from their effects so each can be applied seperately that would please a lot of players. I know it's a frequent request for legendaries.

But I suspect it would involve rebuilding them all, plus a whole new section in the hero panel to apply effects seperately to skins, so I doubt it will ever happen.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1