Zekent.3652

1- "The most purest and honest class"
-What ANet sells: Guardian.
-The reality: Warrior.

2- "Masters of Weaponry"
-What ANet sells: Warrior.
-The reality: Ranger. 

3- "The longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangeorous they become"
-What do they think this class is? a condi bomber? the higher powercreep class or something XD?

Some... heh...

-"I counter your magics!" the magic counter: 2s resistance and still got no compensation on the resistance change btw, stills copying conditions instead of condition transfer.

-"Use the Full Counter to absorb attacks and retaliate with devastating force" Yoooo a WHOLE 27!!! DEVASTATING DAMAGE!!!!

-"You just don't challenge your enemies where they're weak, you challenge them where they're strong and you make them back down" wow, sounds like an actually decent duelist.

-"The highest selection of weapons" i think they meant, the highest useless/outdated selection of weapons lmao.

-"Warriors are masters of physical combat" bruh xD.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Sorry for the ping, but please @Josh Davis.7865 reconsider this class, i'm 99% sure that CMC is in charge of the design and balance of this class and there's nothing wrong about it, but his mentality is too healthy for this game, compared to the ones that designed specs like willbender, harbinger and mechanist.

I feel bad saying this because i'm a warrior main, but this class is simply and clearly the one with the lowest powercreep of the entire game, banners should have more "rare" boons like resolution, prot, vigor etc. Remove the team quickness from them and give it to the berserker, and also put some alac on spellbreaker (like alac per CC), a really low dps spec btw, and it's like the perfect candidate at the momment to provide alac, amognst all warrior specs. Giving 100% quickness uptime on core sounds like a really bad plan for the future of the warrior, because in the case you give alac to a future warrior spec, it will also get quickness, unless you do something else.

Removing the unique boons from the old banners sounds like a good idea for the future of the game, but then you let this class trying to compete with other supports that are just better, and by far, warrior is too egoistic and lacking of resources, and i'm pretty sure you guys know it, i hope you guys adress it in the future, if it requires a nerf on warrior base HP, then do it, no warrior main will complain about that if it's justified.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The quickness from Burst of Aggression, along with the superspeed, are good candidates to be granted in an AoE so long as these are refreshed at a lower duration (1s each) when hitting with a primal burst.

Yeah, just make core warr the heal/boon support option. 

Zerker leans into quickness/SS. 

SpB is all about control and boonrip (give back its boonrip identity and make imminent threat a boon rip skill). 

That's about it. Have BsW be the blergh DPS spec. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Hotride.2187 said:

And the opponent counters your counter to their magics... by vomiting magics non-stop 🙂

Funny how any Cele build hard counters Mending, SiO, Revenge Counter, Cleansing ire, Dogged March, cleansing sigils, foods and possibly runes, Brawler's Recovery too. 

Game has truly reached balance! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Funny how any Cele build hard counters Mending, SiO, Revenge Counter, Cleansing ire, Dogged March, cleansing sigils, foods and possibly runes, Brawler's Recovery too. 

Game has truly reached balance! 

I fought this really good power thief (deadly arts instead of SA) the week before, as the player put it (about cele) "game needs accessibility options"... 🙂

Edited by Hotride.2187

9 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Sorry for the ping, but please @Josh Davis.7865 reconsider this class, i'm 99% sure that CMC is in charge of the design and balance of this class and there's nothing wrong about it, but his mentality is too healthy for this game, compared to the ones that designed specs like willbender, harbinger and mechanist.

I feel bad saying this because i'm a warrior main, but this class is simply and clearly the one with the lowest powercreep of the entire game, banners should have more "rare" boons like resolution, prot, vigor etc. Remove the team quickness from them and give it to the berserker, and also put some alac on spellbreaker (like alac per CC), a really low dps spec btw, and it's like the perfect candidate at the momment to provide alac, amognst all warrior specs. Giving 100% quickness uptime on core sounds like a really bad plan for the future of the warrior, because in the case you give alac to a future warrior spec, it will also get quickness, unless you do something else.

Removing the unique boons from the old banners sounds like a good idea for the future of the game, but then you let this class trying to compete with other supports that are just better, and by far, warrior is too egoistic and lacking of resources, and i'm pretty sure you guys know it, i hope you guys adress it in the future, if it requires a nerf on warrior base HP, then do it, no warrior main will complain about that if it's justified.

Simple yet elegant. Also a lot healthier than their current approach to banners.

I like it. 

5 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Zerker leans into quickness/SS. 

It is so immensely frustrating to have written a comprehensive post on why zerker should be -the quickness- spec for warrior, bump it for a month before the advent of the balance patch, link all of the skills and convey rationale for why quickness on burst would give zerk a competitive boost in pvp while allowing room for PvE nuance (They could have pulsed it in an AOE on burst for zerker, which would have done the same thing as what they tried to do for banners AND provided an alternative playstyle that didnt center around banners) ...

Only for them to try to implement that through banners and ruin the existing build without fixing any problems. So close but so far.

It's so, so frustrating. I'm probably going to give up on caring about this and go start focusing on other things.  

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It is so immensely frustrating to have written a comprehensive post on why zerker should be -the quickness- spec for warrior, bump it for a month before the advent of the balance patch, link all of the skills and convey rationale for why quickness on burst would give zerk a competitive boost in pvp while allowing room for PvE nuance (They could have pulsed it in an AOE on burst for zerker, which would have done the same thing as what they tried to do for banners AND provided an alternative playstyle that didnt center around banners) ...

Only for them to try to implement that through banners and ruin the existing build without fixing any problems. So close but so far.

It's so, so frustrating. I'm probably going to give up on caring about this and go start focusing on other things.  

I'm sorry, bro. For what it's worth, I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of your posts and the ideas you bring to the table.

ANet ignores its players to its great shame and detriment. There is a tremendous wealth of knowledge and insight in the collective tens of thousands of hours of playtime in the GW2 community; only a fool would ignore it. I hope one day ANet will realize that. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I'm sorry, bro. For what it's worth, I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of your posts and the ideas you bring to the table.

ANet ignores its players to its great shame and detriment. There is a tremendous wealth of knowledge and insight in the collective tens of thousands of hours of playtime in the GW2 community; only a fool would ignore it. I hope one day ANet will realize that. 

There's also a wealth of history among those players that are still here. People ignore history at their peril. If gw2 does not have a reference and a sense of history to what it was, then it can't really progress, can it? gw2 has nothing previous to compare to. How does it know where it's going? (Is it just winging it?..) It's essentially just coasting and going in blind. I'm just going to say this: THANK GOD FOR THE GW2 WIKI(and wiki as a whole, for that matter)