Can something be done about the Dragon Slash-Boost?

Ovark.2514

I'm getting really sick of timing my dodge perfectly to avoid the attack then STILL GET HIT ON THE BACK END OF THE ATTACK. This is very un-fun to play against. Maybe put in some code that allows the attack to remember who has already dodged it so they aren't struck a second time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

You aren’t dodging it on time. You dodge the explosion, not the slash. If you dodge the slash, you are too late.

edit: oh, you are dodging backwards. That’s your problem, not the timing. If you dodge sideways or forward, you won’t have this issue 🙂 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

You aren’t dodging it on time. You dodge the explosion, not the slash. If you dodge the slash, you are too late.

edit: oh, you are dodging backwards. That’s your problem, not the timing. If you dodge sideways or forward, you won’t have this issue 🙂 

Oh, so there is one skill in the entire game where directional dodging is important, not just dodging. Good consistency, I like that. /s

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Oh, so there is one skill in the entire game where directional dodging is important, not just dodging. Good consistency, I like that. /s

Not just one, there’s a few skills that are like that. Not that I disagree with you though. In the first beta, when DS boost covered the distance so fast people would get stuck in walls, it cleared you before your dodge ended and this problem didn’t exist, at least as far as I remember. It wa so LT in the second beta, when they slowed it down, that I remember this happening. Not really something they can fix unfortunately, I don’t think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ovark.2514 said:

I'm getting really sick of timing my dodge perfectly to avoid the attack then STILL GET HIT ON THE BACK END OF THE ATTACK. This is very un-fun to play against. Maybe put in some code that allows the attack to remember who has already dodged it so they aren't struck a second time.

it took my some time but if you remember to always dodge into instead of away from a dt then it will never land

the window to land the hit is a bit absurd tbf

Actually i think the Dragon Trigger is good that you need to activate your brain.

Shoutspam makes this spec rly stupid, a Harder to Dodge Attack is what this Game needs to increase the Skill ceeling

I am Bad at fighting it but i can only judge myself for dodging wrong

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Shoutspam makes this spec rly stupid, a Harder to Dodge Attack is what this Game needs to increase the Skill ceeling

Shout spam is the only enabler on war for sitting in one place for several seconds (and not getting deleted).

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Shout spam is the only enabler on war for sitting in one place for several seconds (and not getting deleted).

Its an enabler for Face-Tank ing every DMG for 2 minutes.

Fragen Trigger has a shadowstep and aegis, you can tweak These to stand still

11 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

plenty, rev staff 5 for example

oh and all the pulsing aoes

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 2

I don't mind that they fix the radius of the end of the skill and lower it a bit, but they need to fix the fact that it will sometimes not move at all and you're still stuck in the same place when you do it with Daring Dragon (maybe even with the stun trait, havent tested)

Bladesworn movement is just so buggy.

They can fix this without gutting Bsw tbh. So long as they learned from the 2013 Frenzy nerf that made Warrior unplayable.