Twilight & Sunrise - Suggestion for those that made them before the Legendary Armory

Dear ANET, I made both Twilight and Dawn back on 12/2/2018, before the armory, got the skins then combined them to make Eternity, of course I sold it, needed the gold, but it is really not fair, that you come out with an armory after the fact. I am sure I am not alone in this, I believe Anet should do something for the people that did exactly as I did, not saying give us the weapons back, but give us the memory of Sunrise and Twilight that are given now, so we can make Eternity, but make it so that it is account abound on acquire so we can't sell it again.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but are you suggesting that you got to sell the item, get to keep the gold, and get the item back to keep?

If you want the weapon, buy it back with the gold you got for selling it in the first place. Gen 1 legendaries, many at least, are less expensive now than back then.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

You only get Memory of Sunrise or Memory of Twilight if you add them to the legendary armory (keep in mind that this is different than unlocking the skin), and if you do so you can’t sell them nor forge them. If you forged them into Eternity, it means you can’t add them to the armory, and there’s no memories for you either.

In the end it’s the same even today if you’re selling Eternity, so I don’t see anything needs to change.

Edited: One more thing to note, according to Wiki:
> Eternity created from Memory of Sunrise and/or Memory of Twilight will be automatically bound to your Legendary Armory and can't be sold.

Edited: It’s actually quite well thought out and there’s nothing being unfair, and there’s no exploits.

Edited by godfat.2604
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

If I've understood it correctly there are two options for making Eternity now:

1. Make it with an unbound Sunrise and Twilight, which creates an unbound and tradable Eternity and unlocks the Sunrise and Twilight skins in the wardrobe but not the weapons in the legendary armoury. If it's sold the end result is the same as you've got - 2 skins, 0 legendary greatswords in the armoury, and about 4,000g.
  2. Make Sunrise and Twilight and add them to the armoury, then use the Memories to make Eternity, which is bound to your account. End result is 3 legendary greatswords and their skins but 0 gold. Since legendaries can be equipped in all your equipment templates now the only benefit to having more than 1 greatsword is being able to have them in both weapon sets on the same build, which is a very niche use-case. So for the majority of practical purposes you've got a legendary greatsword, 3 skins and 0g.

You're asking to get 3 skins, a legendary greatsword and 4,000g, the best of both worlds with none of the downsides. It's very unlikely Anet are going to do that.

The good news is Eternity costs about the same as when you sold it, and binding it to your account will unlock all 3 legendary weapons, so if you've decided you'd prefer to have the legendaries to the gold you can simply buy another Eternity and bind it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anastasia Avalon.6908 said:

Dear ANET, I made both Twilight and Dawn back on 12/2/2018, before the armory, got the skins then combined them to make Eternity, of course I sold it, needed the gold, but it is really not fair, that you come out with an armory after the fact. I am sure I am not alone in this, I believe Anet should do something for the people that did exactly as I did, not saying give us the weapons back, but give us the memory of Sunrise and Twilight that are given now, so we can make Eternity, but make it so that it is account abound on acquire so we can't sell it again.

Memories of Sunrise and Twilight are handed out for binding the respective legendary versions of the items to your account, thus removing them from the economy. The tokens are there to allow for an account bound Eternity to get crafted. It is thus not possible to get the skins without binding the legendary items. At the same time, binding Eternity to ones accounts unlocks all 3 legendary greatsword (Sunrise, Twilight, Eternity).

Previously there was a loophole as far the the twilight.sunrise skins are concerned in that you could bind them, craft Eternity and then sell it. This essentially lead to "buying" the skin of Sunrise/Twilight for around 1k gold total (500 each) since Eternity was around 3.5k gold, while Sunrise/Twilight legendaries were around 1.7k each.

This loophole was closed with the armory system, which also lead to a value increase of Eternity.

You still have the skins. You got the gold for selling Eternity. That totals around 4.5k gold which Eternity is going for now (actually slightly less due to prices being lower currently, meaning technically you could buy it back with the gold you got 5 years ago). There is nothing you need to get reimbursed for.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Anastasia Avalon.6908 said:

You sold leggy for a profit and you used the gold however you wanted, so I fail to see how anything about this situation is unfair or warrants any refund.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Anastasia Avalon.6908 said:

How is it not fair?  You unlocked two skins and then got reimbursed when you combined them into Eternity and sold it. The armory is for the physical Legendaries which you no longer possess. It would be totally unfair for you to get a legendary given back to you. 

Essentially you got two skins unlocked and then sold Eternity for like 4K gold or whatever it was worth back then. Now you’re wanting them to give you the ability to make Eternity again but at no cost.  The best solution is to use that gold you got from selling Eternity years ago and buy a new one. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2