Unable to report hacking players

Hesione.9412

I know I can report a player by clicking on their character and using the report option. However, I have encountered players, in downstate, moving along the ground away from me, that I can't report. There is no ability to click on their character. I overlay my mouse on their character and click, but nothing ends up being targeted.

This makes it impossible to report them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Use the print schreen button and take a pic and try to remember what time it happened

Then create a ticket

They will check their servers (internal combat logs - shows the receiver/attacker real account names ) , at that time you told them and make a decision

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

They are desynched, not hacking.

4 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

No, there are obvious ones for sure. Like flying, going under ground, invulnerable, teleporting i might not encounter all. 

Chaba may be right. I've seen squad mates go underground and glide for a bit as well as flying when we were just running across the map. Same thing with the teleporting. Happened with a tag a couple of days ago. They were in one spot and then were abruptly in another one, when we were just running to a target. They had been in front of me and then were behind me, so they weren't hacking to get to the target faster. They were complaining about bad lag though. All that was in WvW. In open world PVE, I've sunk into the ground on my mount inside the Black Citadel several times and have run for a bit half underground, before coming all the way back to the surface again. A number of times either my friends or I seemed to be flying when our mounts just disappeared from under us for a bit. Then, I have an alt parked on a beach to farm krait for the underwater keys. There's one particular spot where the krait will be fighting from under the edge of the beach where I can't see them or hit them so it's useless to fight one there. None of those are hacking, there's no reason too. They are just game glitches.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

No, there are obvious ones for sure. Like flying, going under ground, invulnerable, teleporting i might not encounter all. 

That may be the case and I've seen other stuff too yet the example given is classic desynch. Maybe the reason there isn't a specific report for it has to do with how many false positives they'd receive.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jitters.9401 said:

I'd like to know if the ranger who was underground and killing people was ever banned.

Happened 2 days ago. I reported it but have zero faith in anet to do anything beyond ignore. 

If you mean the Plat ranger hiding under map and hitting with harpoon gun, then nah, he/she still around.
Happened to me a while back but i still see them active in block list.

25 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

A bit convenient this only ever happens when they are in downstate.

If it's only ever happening when they are in downstate, shouldn't that be the main clue that they aren't doing it using a teleport hacking program otherwise how'd you get them down in the first place?

Old video, but illustrative.  Not everyone plays this game with under 100ms ping, especially OCX and SEA players.  Can't even res the player.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1

There was a post before to just ise "Botting" if you need to report a cheater. It was a long time ago but I am guessing it still stands. Not sure if OPs is a cheater or not, but if anyone ends up here looking for a solution, personally I just use that.

8 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Underground is a glitch in the game, not a hack (usually). 

I just report everything suspicious, support should have tools to check it is hack or not. Btw, there is a glitch in game to cause player go underground, and that's exactly what hackers use to do so at will to avoid damage.

11 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

I just report everything suspicious, support should have tools to check it is hack or not. Btw, there is a glitch in game to cause player go underground, and that's exactly what hackers use to do so at will to avoid damage.

If someone is underground and killing other players from there instead of waypointing out, it's definitely an exploit and I also report that kind of thing under "botting".  No hacking required for exploits.  Anet needs to fix the exploit.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1