Average Time to Get Gems from EoD Ultimate Edition?

I have a question for the people who have bought End of Dragons Ultimate edition. I'm regretting buying it at this point due to the fact that I bought it almost 24 hours ago, and still haven't gotten the gems. I wish I had bought the game from the website where I see the warning that it can take up to 72 hours to get the gems. Instead, I bought the expansion from within the game itself after I logged in yesterday and it didn't inform me that it could take up to 72 hours until AFTER I made the purchase. No warning upfront, which is honestly quite frustrating. If I had realized it could take up to 72 hours, I wouldn't have bought the ultimate edition, it's really that simple. I bought the ultimate edition because I wanted the extra character slot and gems. There is a 20% off sale going on with some items that I was planning to get with the gems. 

So, to those who have actually bought this edition, how long did it take you to get your gems on average? This seems like much longer than it should have been. I have played this game since the first closed beta. I was a huge Guild Wars fan and pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 the day it went on sale. I have bought all expansions and bought gems a number of times over the years. I have always got them immediately after purchase. Even buying this expansion, the expansion was unlocked immediately, my mount and skiff skins, extra character slot, etc.., all of these I was given immediately after purchase, all except for the 4k gems.

I love this game and it's my favorite mmo. I have rarely, if ever, complained about anything regarding this game. But this, I am actually getting frustrated about. If I had of known it would take this long, I would have bought a different edition and bought gems separately, or not at all. 

Edited by SummerRayne.4672
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks, hopefully I will get them soon. 

I decided to ask here because out of all my years playing this game it hasn't ever take this long to get gems. It has always been immediate, so I was getting concerned that this was taking much longer than it did for others. Makes me not want to buy gems anymore unfortunately. 

• Confused 1

As I said in my first post, I bought the expansion from WITHIN the game itself yesterday. I read everything and it didn't "inform" me that it could take up to 72 hours until AFTER I made the purchase. I suppose I was just supposed to know this without the game informing me? As I also said, I see on the website it does say it could take up to 72 hours, but I didn't go to the website or buy it from the website. I just went to the website and checked before making my original post. I hadn't logged into the game in weeks and decided to buy the expansion upon logging in to the game yesterday. This should have been known from within the game when purchasing as well, in my opinion.

I love how you insinuate it's my fault when the game didn't inform me until AFTER I spent almost $90 on it. I'm not the type of person who makes random purchases and spends almost $100 without reading everything. That's not the type of person I am. It' s too bad you couldn't have continued to just be helpful instead of trying to make a person feel stupid for not knowing what the game itself didn't tell them until after the fact. It's sad how people just can't be friendly and helpful anymore. I always try to be helpful to others in any game I play without being rude or sarcastic. It seems sadly many get off on being rude.

Thanks for your help, I guess. I hope you feel better. You sure put me in my place on a random Sunday morning!

• Confused 2

I did not mean to be rude, sorry if you interpreted it that way. English is not my native language and I might have chosen wrong words.  

I just wanted to say that it is not really a big deal to wait a couple of hours to get the gems and the information that it might take some time can easily be found. 
I did not want to be mean, so no reason to react all aggressive. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

When I bought it was made clear that it can take up to 72 hours. Next time maybe inform yourself a little before you buy something

Edit: Deleted my comment after seeing the follow up this post.

Edited by Yaki.9563
  • Like 1

Yeah the "may take up to 72h to arrive" notice on gems with the Ultimate edition isn't just a disclaimer for extreme outlier cases, it seems to genuinely take that long for them to show up for quite a lot of people. I think they took more than 48h to show up when I bought mine. The Ultimate gems are generally the only component of any purchase that takes that length of time to show up, though.

2 hours ago, mikansei.5742 said:

Yeah the "may take up to 72h to arrive" notice on gems with the Ultimate edition isn't just a disclaimer for extreme outlier cases, it seems to genuinely take that long for them to show up for quite a lot of people. I think they took more than 48h to show up when I bought mine. The Ultimate gems are generally the only component of any purchase that takes that length of time to show up, though.

May take longer if purchased over a weekend.  /shrug

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Aye, it takes up-to 72 hours for the gems part of the purchase. This is because the anti-fraud check on the payment method used needs to complete before you'll get the heavily discounted gems. It's a protection measure in case a stolen card is used to purchase the game, so the gems can't be used immediately/liquidated into gold or other items and offloaded from the account to another one.

• Like 1

In my case the gems came sometime on the 3rd day. Like in the other half of the 3rd day.

I bought the Ultimate edition from the website though, not in-game. And also on a Tuesday, so there was normal time to verify anything if needed. Might be different if there's weekend in between like someone mentioned.

• Like 2

Yeah i think mine took about between 1-2 days, but as soon as i had em, it was nice to have. Though yeah, a early noob trap is rushing to buy stuff asap, and then missing eligibility on a sale which could be like the 23rd. I'd also avoid spending gems in case they do like a gems off or pof /eod on sale, but it'd probably only be 5$ i think and only if you don't value the cosmetics which i don't think i mostly use.

I mean, 20$ for a boat skin and meh raptor skin is like, 3-5$ of value for 20$ at best for me. I guess the makeover kit could be seen as 5$ but monetizing haircuts is just bleh. The eod deluxe edition specials really aren't worth it to me unless you're really into the boat skin or ugly raptor skin imo. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2