Steam release in a few days and WvW is still in a mess of a balance

Riba.3271

WvW won't be becoming very popular with all the illogical systems still in place. Not like this . Anet, get yourselves together else you can't retain your playerbase since GW2 PvE won't be any better than other top of the line MMOs.

Not talking about class balance btw. Don't expect any magic happening without magician: Success of the game is in your hands.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Thanks 1

Since people say that world restructure is so much worse than links and that players have the integrity and duty to balance themselves I assume that Steam players will neatly line up on after another and join the servers with the lowest population first in order to achieve perfect world balance with no interference from Anet.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Since people say that world restructure is so much worse than links and that players have the integrity and duty to balance themselves I assume that Steam players will neatly line up on after another and join the servers with the lowest population first in order to achieve perfect world balance with no interference from Anet.

Probably new player joins default server, so they will be distributed to lowest populated servers. if they want to transfer after they find out what wvw is - there is server cap, cant join server which is already full.

What really will fend players off game mode is absence of good rewards. gotta gear up at start, and WvW is not place for that

It's too late at this point.

If the goal was to bring in new players and retain them it should have been an immediate nerf to the major solo classes in WvW so that new players won't get dumped on by a thief or mesmer jumping around invisible 70%+ of the time or a mechanist with tons of frontloaded damage.

These nerfs that aren't happening but would have allowed new players a chance when wandering around or attempting to link up with the zergs on the map. I understand what I'm typing here would be extremely unpopular for a dedicated minority of the playerbase but if you want to bring new players... having them getting blown up in 3-5 seconds as they attempt to join up with a zerg or figure out objectives is a horrible introduction.

And then after launch focus on more serious balancing of groups/zergs. Focus on boons from Guardians. Focus on DPS of mechanist. Condition AOE of necros and the group stealth from Mesmers that allows zergs to pull off some absurd kitten.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Confused 3

Anyone coming from steam is not going to care about any sort of balance whether that be populations or class balance, they'll mostly be new to the game and don't know any better. Only thing I'm surprised/not surprised about is they didn't bother tweaking some of the rewards in wvw in time for the release, they made all that effort to make pve look "gud" for steam release but nothing for wvw as usual, lmao. Or I guess they think new people won't be in wvw for some time anyways so who cares.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Anyone coming from steam is not going to care about any sort of balance whether that be populations or class balance, they'll mostly be new to the game and don't know any better. Only thing I'm surprised/not surprised about is they didn't bother tweaking some of the rewards in wvw in time for the release, they made all that effort to make pve look "gud" for steam release but nothing for wvw as usual, lmao. Or I guess they think new people won't be in wvw for some time anyways so who cares.

This.

Figure 3-6 months to make changes in WvW if that soon..

By then, many will be leveled up.

I also highly doubt anyone new from the Steam launch, will know what WvW is until they get to the minimum level, nevermind the fact that they will need to get to level 80 and to also grind for the right gear..

Spoiler

Also in terms of PVE, a big FF14 Content patch is out on the same day.

Edited by CrimsonNeon.6712

3 hours ago, CrimsonNeon.6712 said:

I also highly doubt anyone new from the Steam launch, will know what WvW is until they get to the minimum level, nevermind the fact that they will need to get to level 80 and to grind for the right gear..

Hide contents

Also in terms of PVE., a big FF14 Content is out on the same day.

Yeah I think lvl 60 is minimum for f2p. They did shorten the level grind though so that might only be a couple days tbh. Raptor will surely make that happen.

12 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

WvW won't be becoming very popular with all the illogical systems still in place. Not like this . Anet, get yourselves together else you can't retain your playerbase since GW2 PvE won't be any better than other top of the line MMOs.

Not talking about class balance btw. Don't expect any magic happening without magician: Success of the game is in your hands.

I doubt wvw will see an influx of players right away, but yes, they have limited time (a couple of months tops) now to at least change the reward system at the very least.