Question: Is Warclaw Locked Behind PoF?

Gotejjeken.1267

... that's the point. 

"Oh see that player that's faster than you? BUY POF AND WIN EVERY FIGHT!"

"Did a commander run off a cliff and killed half the zerg? BUY HOT AND YOU'D STILL DIE, BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN SAY YOU HAVE A GLIDER!"

That said, players on foot that actually responding to call outs in time instead of wobbling around like headless chickens on a warclaw will still be faster. Sure a warclaw is fast, but it's not 5 minutes faster to a spawntower where someone has been calling for help and getting no response.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

... that's the point. 

"Oh see that player that's faster than you? BUY POF AND WIN EVERY FIGHT!"

"Did a commander run off a cliff and killed half the zerg? BUY HOT AND YOU'D STILL DIE, BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN SAY YOU HAVE A GLIDER!"

That said, players on foot that actually responding to call outs in time instead of wobbling around like headless chickens on a warclaw will still be faster. Sure a warclaw is fast, but it's not 5 minutes faster to a spawntower where someone has been calling for help and getting no response.

Sure, but I still think it's counter productive.  A rental at least is needed for QoL, otherwise WvW will never get new players, or get a fraction of what it could.

• Like 6

On 8/25/2022 at 8:29 AM, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Point still stands:  New world, crowfall, Camelot unchained, BDO, heck, throw starcitizen in there also lol.  

All were going to kill gw2.  

Your original point is accurate, but let’s face it, no one can has been able to build a competent RvR game to compete with it.

That's fair, it's harsh for me to pretend like it's easy for ANET to accomplish what they're doing with WvW in a field where so many massive efforts fail left and right.

Where my (and maybe the community's) frustration is coming from is seeing the potential for WvW to be the first RvR game with a thriving competitive scene. Meaningful leaderboard rankings/match outcomes, the ability to spectate (not in real time ofc), occasional tournaments would be absolutely thrilling. But hey, we don't see everything behind the scenes and just the programming alone required to run WvW in its current state is most likely monument worthy. Expanding on what's already there is probably more difficult than I realize.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ettsol.3058 said:

That's fair, it's harsh for me to pretend like it's easy for ANET to accomplish what they're doing with WvW in a field where so many massive efforts fail left and right.

Where my (and maybe the community's) frustration is coming from is seeing the potential for WvW to be the first RvR game with a thriving competitive scene. Meaningful leaderboard rankings/match outcomes, the ability to spectate (not in real time ofc), occasional tournaments would be absolutely thrilling. But hey, we don't see everything behind the scenes and just the programming alone required to run WvW in its current state is most likely monument worthy. Expanding on what's already there is probably more difficult than I realize.

I think we are sitting in the same ‘camp’.  I don’t think it would take much ti make this mode Evan that much better than it is.  

A little bit of attention would garner quite a few players returning.

But, they haven’t had to spend money on it, and are still making money from the shiny crowd.  

• Confused 1

On 8/27/2022 at 5:20 AM, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

F2P accounts can use the speedhack speedrunes (c) TM like all the other players that are magically faster than me even if they forgot to use swift
😂👍

I suggest you look up Movement Speed cap cus cleary Warclaw allow you to break that cap. From F2P PoV, having mount is like having 5 more tools in a fight.

WvW mounts act like a second healthbar, it outruns everyone on foot, having a free engage skill that push you to start a fight with either -50% endurance(dogde it), a skill on CD(blind, block) or -2000 hp(tank it). I have seen people abused the hell out of it when fighting me, low hp > run > mount up to refill HP > re engage.

Edited by MemeLord.1096
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MemeLord.1096 said:

I have seen people abused the hell out of it when fighting me, low hp > run > mount up to refill HP > re engage.

If they go OOC they regen hp regardless. The mount does nothing for that. You're literally complaining about classes that can go OOC there (ie pretty much anyone with teleports, or all of them) and blaiming the warclaw, lol.

Against good players/small groups engaging on a warclaw is a major hazard because of the knockdown on forced dismount.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

People are always saying this game isn't P2W, but that seems pretty on the nose for P2W...

Tbh tho, the thing that annoys me most about warclaw implementation is the collection. Like they really expect people to run around huffing and puffing to keep up with a zerg while they complete some ticky tacky collection for the mount... and that is def what you'll be doing, cause unless you try to capture a keep in EotM while no one is around, you ain't gonna be doing that part of it roaming. As someone who tries to take game design seriously, it makes me cringe thinking about it. "Welcome to the game, try to keep up, lolol, go jump through these hoops and then maybe you can keep up, silly little player. You wanted a multiplayer game? Lol. Nice try. You gotta have a downgraded experience first before you deserve that."

How did this game get so far off from alleged philosophies like not preparing to have fun and just being able to have fun instead, I wonder. At least if the game openly said its philosophy was to make you feel like someone low in a hierarchy who needs to climb the ranks, I could understand, even if I disagreed with the philosophy. But their alleged philosophies seem to be the opposite...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

If they go OOC they regen hp regardless. The mount does nothing for that. You're literally complaining about classes that can go OOC there (ie pretty much anyone with teleports, or all of them) and blaiming the warclaw, lol.

• Why would i complaining about OOC health regen when F2P also gain that effect too, what's bother me is the RE-ENGAGE part where beside the regen you can mount up and gain:
    • A second health bar
    • CC immune
    • Cap breaking movement speed
    • 2 evade dashes
    • A free engage skill that push your opponent to start a fight with either -50% endurance(dogde it), a skill on CD(blind, block) or tank the damage.

In a duel when both players is OOC the player that have mount get to decide what to do. Either engage again with the mount's skills to gain advantage or just retreat by out running them

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Then its not a duel.

If warclaw doesn't give you an advantage, why do all players use it?

Warclaw is P2W, stop trolling. Or disable your keybind to mount when playing WvW, I'd bet you'd re-enable it within 1 week 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Ettsol.3058 said:

If warclaw doesn't give you an advantage, why do all players use it?

Warclaw is P2W, stop trolling. Or disable your keybind to mount when playing WvW, I'd bet you'd re-enable it within 1 week 🙂

Have you seen a zerg commander yet that orders his entire zerg to mount up so that they can engage the enemy zerg stacking in front of them with their warclaws and automatically win because they paid for it? I mean you did say *all* players.

You call it P2W, I call it buying the game to be competitive in it's endgame competitive content. Having an advantage doesnt automatically mean you win.

You can probably buy the expansions today, pick the latest elite spec and jump on your shiny P2W warclaw, then get thoroughly curb stomped by someone on foot using core spec. Or get run over by a zerg. Or get run over a guild. Or get dismounted and perma-stunned by a small roaming group. Or find a daredevil that is halfway across the map in 5 seconds. Or get insta-killed by a soulbeast before you even hit the ground off your mount. Or never mount because you run in a zerg. 

Truly winning.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You call it P2W, I call it buying the game to be competitive in it's endgame competitive content. Having an advantage doesnt automatically mean you win.

That's... what P2W means. It doesn't mean you pay $$ and you get a guaranteed win. Like "I would like 1 win please." "Ok, that'll be $20." It means it gives you an advantage in competitive play over those who don't pay for the "thing" (whatever the "thing" is). The term sometimes gets applied to other forms of advantages too, resulting in much consternation and debate. But the 1st meaning, about it giving an advantage in competitive play is, as far as I'm aware, the original and most fundamental meaning of the phrase and is not really debated. Kinda bizarre to try to move the goalposts on that just to try to get a game you like out of being associated with the term in one instance.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

That's... what P2W means.

Except its not. P2W as a concept is generally agreed to be continous smaller payments to make you win over anyone that doesnt pay the same. NOT buying a main game and a major expansion every 3-4 years to keep your game up to date. Because with that definition, pretty much all games are P2W.

If Anet released a new warclaw (or elite spec, or weapon tier) every month and each successive version is stronger than the earlier in stats/damage/etc, I'd agree with you.

If food could only be bought with gems and gems could only be bought with real money, I'd agree with you.

If exotic/ascended armor/weapons have durability and repairs could only be done with gems and gems could only be bought with real money, I'd agree with you.

You can probably come up with more ideas.

And even if you want to ignore all this, the argument of winning still falls on the fact the warclaw doesnt automatically give you a win in any situation, even one where you had the initial engage advantage. Because you know, the warclaw kind of sucks in combat.

Lets just say it like it is - new people see the $60-100 pricetag for 10 years of GW2 content and want everything for free instead.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2