RIP knockback on blast gyro in PvP & WvW

Shinjiko.1352

I really hoped this update would make it only pve with the stun since it said Pve only. The knockback was really only useful in pvp modes anyway and they've taken it away :(. I'm all for them working skills to be better in certain game modes but taking away this flavour in the modes it was good in is upsetting.

Knocking people off points or off cliffs is harder to do now 😞

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Notes said that was pve only. Did that change?

Blast Gyro: (PvE only) Now stuns enemies for 3 seconds instead of knocking them back. Damage multiplier increased from 2.65 to 3.5.

Just checked in obsidium sanctum and it says stun now there. guess only the damage coefficient was pve only

Edited by josh.3847

A very strange change to Blast Gyro. The whole point is to send the gyro to its death by self destructing after a few seconds to knock away enemies that are nearby and may pose a threat at that given moment to provide some breathing room.

never knew that an explosion from a self destruct sequence could just stun you without moving you. Then again it's a fantasy game so what I'm saying doesn't really matter so carry on Anet, I guess.

6 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

The changes makes sense for PvE but conceptually and for PvP content it does not.

I dont know why they felt like changing PvP and WvW effect as well 

it make sense if your using mele weapon, if you blast ennemy off you, you can't hit your target

also you still can take Battering ram with 2 amo to push ppl 

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

11 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

it make sense if your using mele weapon, if you blast ennemy off you, you can't hit your target

also you still can take Battering ram with 2 amo to push ppl 

The whole point of taking blast gyro in PvP (on top of the breakstun) is to blast people away. Battering ram is not convenient and has no range.

And from a concept PoV, it doesnt makes sense that the blast gyro only stun the target. 

Not sure if anyone realizes yet, but I'd consider these changes a buff in PvP.

Changing Mine and Blast Gyro to stuns finally enables the Expert Examination trait more. Expert Examination applies 5 vuln and weakness for a decent duration. It has no ICD.

It combos very well with Aristocracy runes.

Stuns also enable combos better. Knockbacks can be unpredictable and cause follow-up skills to miss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Not sure if anyone realizes yet, but I'd consider these changes a buff in PvP.

Changing Mine and Blast Gyro to stuns finally enables the Expert Examination trait more. Expert Examination applies 5 vuln and weakness for a decent duration. It has no ICD.

It combos very well with Aristocracy runes.

Stuns also enable combos better. Knockbacks can be unpredictable and cause follow-up skills to miss.

This tbh. The same thing happened with Ranger GS block a while back. They nerfed the knockback on the kick to tone down decap druid, but it ended up being an unintentional buff to DPS ranger builds. It lets them combo kick into a maul which they could not do as easily before because they kicked the target out of range. 

I've been using new Blast Gyro  as a set up tool for skills like Blunderbuss and Prybar where you want the opponent in close proximity. 

Edited by Kuma.1503