So I discovered P/P Condi Daredevil...

Melian.5368

So I saw a video on P/P Condi daredevil and I decided to try it.

I'm running full ascended Trailblazer / Dire equipment, with krait runes and agony+bursting sigils. I made it so that bleeding duration increase is 99.33% and rest is invested in condi damage, and with corruption sigil on the shortbow, condi damage is maxed at 1960.

My steal puts bleeding on enemy which does 6k damage. If i get Tooth Stab from the steal, it does 22k bleeding damage. Pistol stealth attack (which you spam every 3 seconds) deals 8.6k bleeding damage. Each of my auto-attacks put 1.3k bleeding on the enemy. You have broken condi cleanse and immob removal with healing skill "withdraw" and "roll for initiative" while also getting initiative back, smoke screen is literally a super overpowered skill which blocks projectiles and blinds everyone inside for 7 seconds. You get protection every time you are out of stealth so your revealed phase is protected. 20k health (with protection's mitigation it's effectively 27k health) and almost 2k toughness.

Long story short, I've never been bested by any other class 1v1. Some classes I couldn't beat (like reflect tempest or some tanky builds like core necro), but they couldn't kill me as well. Only way you die is if you get yourself into an outnumbered situation (which you can handle pretty easily by the way) and get cc bombed.

I mean, I'm having fun with it, but I'm sure it is not fun for the enemy to die in 5 seconds if they can't cleanse my bleeding. Cuz they can't kill or catch me, there is no counterplay. 

I wanna hear thoughts on this. Is this build ok? I feel a little bad when playing it xD

Edit: I forgot to mention blinds. You blind so much it's not fun lol.

Edited by Melian.5368
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

Yeah soulbeasts are no contest. They die very quickly, and I'm not old enough to be caught by rapid fire. Even if they LB4 me before, my stunbreak is a backwards dodge, and then I can just spin to win, go stealth and start doing my thing. Also I've been sick'emed before, it doesn't oneshot trailblazer / dire builds.

Scrappers also are not a challenge. I just wait out their  dome, and blind / dodge for grenades. They can't sustain my condi damage if they value their dps, and if they don't, they can't kill me anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pistol stealth attack (which you spam every 3 seconds) 

How do you enter stealth every 3 seconds??    I must be stupid, but I don't see where you get the stealth to use pistol #1 that often.   This build looks like you auto attack and hit steal for your bleeds???    Which is easily cleared..   What am I missing??

19 hours ago, Melian.5368 said:

Here is the build if anyone wants to see the numbers: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAoqVlNw6YgsNGJe0W7NdA-zVRYcRHB2KZovoKlCKgcigMDhOSAfuAhrHeLV5pBA-w

Turn on stealth mode to see the ambush damage as well.

hey buddy!

nice build! I have been using this build for a long time, until someone enlightened me and opened my eyes!  May i introduce you to the min/maxed version of this build? 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAorlNwAZdsNGJe0W7NdA-z1IY1okvMysAKNEcfWqSaDA-w 

the interaction between aristocracy and "weakening strikes" paired with +92% mightduration will have you sitting at 25 might permanently!

if you place one pistol in your mainhand on first weaponset, and the other pistol on backhand onf your secondweaponset, you can switch weapons to procc energysigil and sigil of battle, without ever leaving your p/p weaponset(you still have the stats as if you were holding 2 pistols in each hand, altho gw2skill.net doesnt show it, it 100% works ingame). You can swap during your dodgeroll, which will instantly fill up your dodgebar again and grant you 5 might for 21 seconds. Just from them sigil alone you reach 15 might. Pairing it with the interaction between "weakeningstrikes" and Rune of aristocracy will have you sitting at 25 might nice and comfy! 😃

A celestialbuild with 25 might? what else could you want! ❤️

Just trust me and give this build a shot! Bow is completly unnecassary here! youd be surprised how much more juicy you can squeeze out of this build! But the overall idea is not bad! you just have to abuse the available things a LIIIITLE bit more 😉 

The interaction of "weakeningstrikes"+aristocracy is carrying SO HARD! 92% mightduration makes this builds damage skyrocket compared to what you are running right now! The overall tooltip of the bleed might appear lower, but that is due to you COMPLETLY OVERSHOOTING bleed duration! NOONE is ever going to let a 12 second bleed tick on them. Any conditionduration that is over 7 seconds is overkill. But actually the bleeddamage will be even higher because cele with 25 might reaches higher Conditiondamage numbers than your build(cele=1676; yours 1668), while still dealing signifcantly more powerdamage(2389power; 55%crit with fury; 192% critdamage)! Your stealth attacks suddenly deal up to 5k powerdamage and you dont loose a tiny bit of condition damage compared to what you are running now. Furthermore your sustain will skyrocket thanks to the healingpower of cele and you will have permanent protection thanks to the +Boonduration.

Just give it a try and youll see^^

Good luck hunting!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JunkJunk.8971 said:

Pistol stealth attack (which you spam every 3 seconds) 

How do you enter stealth every 3 seconds??    I must be stupid, but I don't see where you get the stealth to use pistol #1 that often.   This build looks like you auto attack and hit steal for your bleeds???    Which is easily cleared..   What am I missing??

he gets it from dodging, via the bounding dodger trait. Your dodge becomes a leapfinisher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JunkJunk.8971 said:

ahhh pistol 5 then dodge

ahh buddy.. also.... YOU DO NOT WIN AGAINST THIS BUILD WITH SOULBEAST.... if the thief is not sleeping you wont win. He has Daggerstorm and smokescreen, and permanent weakness.

I have eaten literall thousands of BRRRR Soulbeasts with this build.... The celestial version of this build is currently the strongest thing to play in WvW roaming. no cap. It even wins the matchup against celeharbinger! 

Sounds odd.... but this is literally the pinacle of roaming right now. it wins almost every matchup... your only chance is to run away... even Vallun mentions it xD  He is talking about the exact build i linked there. (he manages to kill him , but only with a smart trap)

Edited by Sahne.6950

50 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

hey buddy!

nice build! I have been using this build for a long time, until someone enlightened me and opened my eyes!  May i introduce you to the min/maxed version of this build? 

the interaction between aristocracy and "weakening strikes" paired with +92% mightduration will have you sitting at 25 might permanently!

if you place one pistol in your mainhand on first weaponset, and the other pistol on backhand onf your secondweaponset, you can switch weapons to procc energysigil and sigil of battle, without ever leaving your p/p weaponset(you still have the stats as if you were holding 2 pistols in each hand, altho gw2skill.net doesnt show it, it 100% works ingame). You can swap during your dodgeroll, which will instantly fill up your dodgebar again and grant you 5 might for 21 seconds. Just from them sigil alone you reach 15 might. Pairing it with the interaction between "weakeningstrikes" and Rune of aristocracy will have you sitting at 25 might nice and comfy! 😃

Just trust me and give this build a shot! Bow is completly unnecassary here! youd be surprised how much more juicy you can squeeze out of this build! But the overall idea is not bad! you just have to abuse the available things a LIIIITLE bit more 😉 

The interaction of "weakeningstrikes"+aristocracy is carrying SO HARD! 92% mightduration makes this builds damage skyrocket compared to what you are running right now! The overall tooltip of the bleed might appear lower, but that is due to you COMPLETLY OVERSHOOTING bleed duration! NOONE is ever going to let a 12 second bleed tick on them. Any conditionduration that is over 7 seconds is overkill. But actually the bleeddamage will be even higher because cele with 25 might reaches higher Conditiondamage numbers than your build(cele=1676; yours 1668), while still dealing signifcantly more powerdamage(2389power; 55%crit with fury; 192% critdamage)! Your stealth attacks suddenly deal up to 5k powerdamage and you dont loose a tiny bit of condition damage compared to what you are running now. Furthermore your sustain will skyrocket thanks to the healingpower of cele and you will have permanent protection thanks to the +Boonduration.

Good luck hunting!

Bruh xD

I will definitely try this, looks vile. Also I didn't know about that off-hand trick, super good to know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

ahh buddy.. also.... YOU DO NOT WIN AGAINST THIS BUILD WITH SOULBEAST.... if the thief is not sleeping you wont win. He has Daggerstorm and smokescreen, and permanent weakness.

I have eaten literall thousands of BRRRR Soulbeasts with this build.... The celestial version of this build is currently the strongest thing to play in WvW roaming. no cap. It even wins the matchup against celeharbinger! 

Sounds odd.... but this is literally the pinacle of roaming right now. it wins almost every matchup... your only chance is to run away... even Vallun mentions it xD  He is talking about the exact build i linked there. (he manages to kill him , but only with a smart trap)

That vallun video is not actually fighting the build you're talking about. That video is him fighting a full berserk p/p daredevil. I know this because that is me and I have been running that berserk p/p build for like 7 years. IMO the berserk variant is the strongest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heizero.9183 said:

That vallun video is not actually fighting the build you're talking about. That video is him fighting a full berserk p/p daredevil. I know this because that is me and I have been running that berserk p/p build for like 7 years. IMO the berserk variant is the strongest.

Nooooo you'll ruin peoples illusions on how OP condi is even when 8 out 10 or so meta builds are power, stop talking we're not listening LALALALALALA!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Nooooo you'll ruin peoples illusions on how OP condi is even when 8 out 10 or so meta builds are power, stop talking we're not listening LALALALALALA!

I can reiterate briefly. There is no "cleanse power damage" mechanic. There is a cleanse condi damage mechanic. Taking cleanse traits, sigils, runes, utilities etc decreases viability vs full power, tanking up vs power does not introduce any significant viability decrease vs condi (especially in cele meta). Power requires three stats. Condi requires one and an optional other which isn't as important in WvW due to people running so many cleanses now. Power is not subtle, it's easy to see coming/deal with in realtime and can often just be dodged. Condi is spam-heavy and usually the animations are insignificant because everything the condi player does will just spam more, usually from ranged as well, and in a more discreet manner.

Please don't report me for this post like last time I had a different opinion than you, play nice.

Edited by solemn.9670
Typo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Willbender looks pretty balanced too.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

hey buddy!

Good luck hunting!

So I tried this, and i like it. But I feel like it has pros and cons against the pure bleeding build that I shared. Both have around 3,5k DPS effectively, not much difference there. Both builds also has very similar dismount capabilities.

Cons that I've seen:

1. Shortbow sometimes comes in handy to jump places without wasting shadowstep, and leaving it for the energy + battle sigil procs is a tradeoff.

2. You gotta swap weapons on cooldown, which adds 1 more thing to keep track of in addition to steal, this takes some computing power from my old brain lol

3. This build doesn't have the OMG factor that the bleeding build has. When I put like 16 stacks of bleeding on the enemy for 20+ seconds, and they start ticking 3-4k damage per second, enemy immediately panics and wastes their cleanses, and I make them run out of their cleanses quicker than your build. With the bleeding build, often times I just unload, watched them use their cleanses and start running away. I unload again, and at that point I would leave them and start focusing other targets knowing that they are dead but they don't know it yet. 

Pros:

1. You never run out of stamina. Huge.

2. Addition of power damage is helpful when fighting cleanse-heavy opponents like tempest. I defeated some of them using your build that I couldn't with the bleeding build. 

Conclusion: I will keep using your build, but I feel like the other build was more fun because people were like WTF lol.

12 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Did you even watch the video?  The guy who said he thinks the berserk variant of this build is strongest, lost!  Despite being big-brained by Vallun, he probably wouldn't have gone down so fast, if at all, had he not been pure glass.  Unlike all the cele-condi or condi-tank builds running around.

One guy giving the opinion that the power variant of a specific build is better than the cele version of that build ≠ condi builds in general are not OP.  It's one guys' opinion, about one specific build, and nothing more.

8 out of 10 meta builds being power, even if accurate ≠ condi builds in general are not OP.  For instance, what if there are only 2 out of 10 meta builds that are condi, but 50% or more of the population plays them?  What would that suggest?

Yes, condi can be cleansed, but it also ignores armor, tends to be spammy, ranged, subtlely animated, and allows building heavily into survivability since it only depends on 1-2 stats.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Melian.5368 said:

So I tried this, and i like it. But I feel like it has pros and cons against the pure bleeding build that I shared. Both have around 3,5k DPS effectively, not much difference there. Both builds also has very similar dismount capabilities.

Cons that I've seen:

1. Shortbow sometimes comes in handy to jump places without wasting shadowstep, and leaving it for the energy + battle sigil procs is a tradeoff.

2. You gotta swap weapons on cooldown, which adds 1 more thing to keep track of in addition to steal, this takes some computing power from my old brain lol

3. This build doesn't have the OMG factor that the bleeding build has. When I put like 16 stacks of bleeding on the enemy for 20+ seconds, and they start ticking 3-4k damage per second, enemy immediately panics and wastes their cleanses, and I make them run out of their cleanses quicker than your build. With the bleeding build, often times I just unload, watched them use their cleanses and start running away. I unload again, and at that point I would leave them and start focusing other targets knowing that they are dead but they don't know it yet. 

Pros:

1. You never run out of stamina. Huge.

2. Addition of power damage is helpful when fighting cleanse-heavy opponents like tempest. I defeated some of them using your build that I couldn't with the bleeding build. 

Conclusion: I will keep using your build, but I feel like the other build was more fun because people were like WTF lol.

3.5k dps effectively? what does that mean? against a enemy that cleanses? golem? how did you test it?

I dont really understand why your build would bleed their cleanses out faster? It is 1on1 the same thing. They both rely on the same mechanics.... they both apply the same ammount of conditions...Yours just has longer bleeddurations... but they dont matter.... after a maximum of 7 seconds any competent roamer would have cleansed! Anyone that has not cleansed after 7 seconds will die to both builds no matter what. 😄  

Make it a habit to hit your weaponswap key during your dodge. Just make it a habit to always hit those 2 buttons and you will be fine^^

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1