Why is anti-spam so much stronger than anti-botting?

I'm trying to send free bags to new players here and I'm treated like an automaton, being blocked from mailing with every other message.

Meanwhile, we've got the hundreds of afk engineers, necromancers in Istan and Iron Marches auto-attacking without any punishment whatsoever.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think it is a design that needs improving. I understand that mail block might be in place to stop gold sellers or whatever, but don't put a block when it is literally just a text mail to different players. We wanted to send holiday greeting mail to our guild members, one mail, to different players, but you can only send 2 mails before you have to wait few minutes. It quickly became tedious to just send mail to members.

• Like 3

That's not true. If you send 2 mails consecutively you need to wait 2 minutes before sending 2 more. If you try to send any before that you restart the timer and need to wait the entire 2 minutes again. I'm very stubborn about my Christmas mails so I've sent dozens of mails every Christmas for a few years and haven't been blocked any further than this limitation. It's very frustrating though, so I wish they revised the system.

Edit: I was replying to Shena Fu but I messed up the quote.

Edited by Myriada.7580
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

The mail block is to prevent gold sellers.

The bots?  Report and move on.

I don't think there is any point to report as anet doesn't do anything. I've been reporting the same players for well over a year including sending a vid showing a stack of naked engineers, 5 toons in the same spot with almost the same name & several necros running against the wall yet they are all still there. Same spots doing the same thing every day. At any time there is roughly 18+ in blazeridge stepps alone. 

Currently on steam afk has been brought up several times arguing that the cost of expansions are high. 

Edited by alphafert.6730
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, erapago.4387 said:

I'm trying to send free bags to new players here and I'm treated like an automaton, being blocked from mailing with every other message.

Meanwhile, we've got the hundreds of afk engineers, necromancers in Istan and Iron Marches auto-attacking without any punishment whatsoever.

You do realise that mail spamming moderation can be automated with a simple no more than x code while moderating bots requires more care and time intensive effort right?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1