who can be a decade of dragon veteran?

ugrakarma.9416

I was writing a lore for a fictional character with the theme "veteran of the war on drizzlewood coast", but when I read something about the new armor (decade of dragon), I thought it would be better to do one with the theme "veteran of the wars with the commander".

But going straight to the question, a question came to my mind at that moment (now that Anet seems to be focused on the theme of "closing the elder dragon saga"),

Who would be the oldest battle companion of the commander? Ritlock? Braham? another npc? I imagine this is a very difficult question even for our well-known "lore masters".

(Of course not counting interactions with the communicator, which would over-represent Taimi, I'm strictly referring to the frontline), neither some faction, because to me seems clear theres a Vigil presence in almost sagas.

1 hour ago, Narcemus.1348 said:

If a human noble, Lord Faren is likely the oldest companion. Not sure if he is most prevalent though.

But if you combine "the kind who would wear that armour..." (Putting aside that the decade armour is basically an exercise in "how many times can we work the GW2 logo into armour before it becomes completely ludicrous" and therefore a bit 4th-wall breaking.)

When it comes to prominent characters, and considering total time spent fighting alongside the commander, it'd probably be Rytlock. Otherwise you're mainly looking at personal story NPCs which, with the exception of Faren, largely got dumped or killed off afterwards.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

I was writing a lore for a fictional character with the theme "veteran of the war on drizzlewood coast", but when I read something about the new armor (decade of dragon), I thought it would be better to do one with the theme "veteran of the wars with the commander".

But going straight to the question, a question came to my mind at that moment (now that Anet seems to be focused on the theme of "closing the elder dragon saga"),

Who would be the oldest battle companion of the commander? Ritlock? Braham? another npc? I imagine this is a very difficult question even for our well-known "lore masters".

(Of course not counting interactions with the communicator, which would over-represent Taimi, I'm strictly referring to the frontline), neither some faction, because to me seems clear theres a Vigil presence in almost sagas.

Lord Faren and Logan for humans definetly, We start interacting them as early as lvl 10 story.

If you include tutorial, Logan longest for humans we literally fought together everywhere until hot, he retires from frontlines but still supports us.

Not sure about salad and rat story.

Rytlock longest for Blood Legion Charr

Norn tricky for obvious reason otherwise Eir longest for Norn.

Now lets exclude all *main* characters. For side characters I don't remember any thats why they are side characters.

As for who would be willing to wear such armor obviously no one. Logan maybe just maybe.

On 8/26/2022 at 3:26 PM, stormemperor.3745 said:

otherwise Eir longest for Norn

No. Since Tyrian time passes about as fast as our time, Eir has only been alive for the first three years and dead for the last seven years. Most of the DW members joined in LS1, so most of them would have been around longer than the missing / dead members of DE. So norn and asura basically don't get anyone race-specific for this question.

Maybe Caithe for Sylvari, depending on personal opinion, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Without taking some things into account by race like meeting characters sooner I’d day for any given commander objectively, it has to be Rytlock. All the way from the base game to now and he wasn’t absent from any expansion, the closest being EOD.  He’s kinda the best bro of the commander like he always got your back, Braham gets pissy and Canach just leaves and Caithe is a liar, etc but my boi Rytlock is always there

• Like 2