Little vent from a veteran about the Steam release

I'm happy for aNet, but this releae means absolutely nothing to me.  I don't have an international credit card, thus I can't easily buy gems to support them further like I would love to, so being able to bring my account to Steam would be a great thing. I started playing before Heart of Thorns was released, so I got A LOT of content I'm not willing to just give up and start from scratch.

Glad to know people like me are not even thought of at all. Still love the game tho, and I mean it: I'm happy for them, they deserve everything good they get. It's kind of bittersweet lol

Edited by Jillian.4502
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

"I don't have an international credit card, thus I can't easily buy gems to support them further like I would love to, so being able to bring my account to Steam would be a great thing."

That does not answer my question.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

37 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

That does not answer my question.

It wasn't just an answer. It was a walkthrough, a step by step guide and broken down to the simplest of terms. 

Ok, now I'm starting to see why this forum is flooded with confused reactions... I'm definitely in the wrong room for conversation. 

Edited by Darkobra.6439
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Darkobra.6439 said:

It wasn't just an answer. It was a walkthrough, a step by step guide and broken down to the simplest of terms. 

No, it was a deflection. That breakdown in no way indicates that ANet did not think about players such as the OP. It does seem to indicate that ANet chose to go ahead with their approach to Steam, perhaps due to Steam taking a cut of purchases made via their platform, despite some fraction of the player base preferring otherwise. The two are radically different things. 

Someone, or a business organization, taking action on one option is in no way an indication that they did not think about other options, or the impact of all of the options, on the customer base and the business as a whole.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Someone, or a business organization, taking action on one option is in no way an indication that they did not think about other options, or the impact of all of the options, on the customer base and the business as a whole.

Agreed. Making the game available to more players has quite literally nothing to do with pre-existing beyond "now you have more people to play with"

Nor is it Anets job to teach people how to go from their launcher into steam. If they want to be nice THAT nice and link it, that's all it would be. Is a kind convenience, its not malice or neglect in anyway to not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darkobra.6439 said:

Ok, now I'm starting to see why this forum is flooded with confused reactions... I'm definitely in the wrong room for conversation. 

Ignore the emotes and just reply to the person you have your discussion with. Confused trolls are here to stay 🙂 discussions are never wrong or bad as long as they are in a good manner 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What's even the point of this thread? You can simply use PayPal for payment, no?

Do people also not understand that migrating to Steam would be bad for ArenaNet as ArenaNet would lose money due to a cut of all payments would go to Steam instead of payments going fully to ArenaNet?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2