What are the rarest skins in the free mount license?

1 hour ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Technically the best bet would be a pick your favorite skin from the first mount pack. This is the only way to 100% get the mount skin you want from that pack because every other pack has select option. The first mount pack was rng only.

Not true since August 23.  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Select_License

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

10 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Although it probably won't be very accurate, but looking at GW2efficiency, the top 20 rarest from the selections are (rarest to most common) :

1. Renegade Warclaw
  2. Sunrise Macaw (Griffon)
  3. Taiga Lupine (Jackal)
  4. Nautiloid (Roller Beetle)
  5. Sleek Dunerunner (Roller Beetle)
  6. Exalted Way Seeker (Roller Beetle)
  7. Elonian Waverider (Skimmer)
  8. Alluring Devilfish (Skimmer)
  9. Spotted Springtail (Springer)
  10. Crested Plainsrunner (Raptor)
  11. Gendarran Hawkeye (Griffon)
  12. Kintsugi Raptor
  13. Stripe-Winged Skyscale
  14. Bighorn Charger (Warclaw)
  15. Caledon Short-Tail (Springer)
  16. Ntouka Snakeshell (Roller Beetle)
  17. Kournan Bright-Tail (Griffon)
  18. Shattered Nightscale (Skyscale)
  19. Spotted Orchid (Skimmer)
  20. Exo-Suit Warclaw

All the skins offered in the selections: Black Lion Special Mount Selection License

Interesting.  Kintsugi Raptor is is one I will probably get from the freebie. I think it looks great.

In any case, how "flashy" mounts look can greatly depend on how they're dyed.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Technically the best bet would be a pick your favorite skin from the first mount pack. This is the only way to 100% get the mount skin you want from that pack because every other pack has select option. The first mount pack was rng only.

They've now added a select licence for the first mount pack as well.

But I did get one of those, because the select licence is new so I hadn't bought any of them yet and there's still some I wanted. (Not as many as when it first came out, because I've got similar skins from other packs now.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2

I’m fascinated by the Kintsugi mounts, though I totally see why they would be more niche. They don’t glow, and they’re kinda high concept.

I do think the design of the Raptor works better. It has more color variation in the ceramic with it’s standard dye set, and the gold that springs out of the Jackal makes it a little stranger.

I found one video with the Jackal ceramic dyed a deep, imperial red, that made me say, “Oooh!” out loud.

Now I’m second guessing my decision to choose a skyscale skin! The Kitsugi mounts live in a great place of being fancy without having to glow. 

Ugh. Decision paralysis! 😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I mainly use my skyscale and jackal, so the choice for me was rather limited.  I didn't want a free skin for a mount that I hardly use.

That’s definitely where my head is at. Go for the ones I use the most. That means skyscale and jackal, but I also use my gryphon quite a bit.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 8:07 AM, HowlKamui.5120 said:

Hey, I'm not really into collecting skins for the mounts, so I'm not super in the know here. Browsing at the selection, some of them look basic compared to the others, which implies that some of them were harder to get when they were available. 

Wanted to ask if any of you know which ones in the selection are particularly rare since I might go for them. Right now I'm prioritizing the warclaw as I like to WvW a lot and still have a basic mount skin, but I'm open to choose a different one. 

Thanks, fam!

I mean rare by gem store rotation? 

Rare by players?

Stock mount skins are quite rare since most people use different kinds of flashy mount skins.