how long does it take to finish season of the dragon quest?

trunks.5249

It would probably be better to ask for estimates of how many hours it takes, then work out how long you're likely to spread that over. Otherwise you run into the problem that you'll get wildly different estimates from someone who plays 6+ hours every day and focuses on one goal at a time compared to someone who plays for an hour or two most days but might miss 3 or 4 in a row, will put a long-term goal on hold for a festival etc. and unless they specify how they play it will be hard to know how to interpret the answers.

I can't give you my estimate because I haven't finished it and haven't even really started. When the 'return to' achievements came in I had various characters at different points in the story and didn't want to rush or disrupt that so I just kept playing normally and assumed I'd get most or all the achievements eventually.

But I can tell you that for most players any legendary will take months. The amulet is a bit different in that there's no gold or material cost, but then it requires a lot of story instances and a lot of other achievements so it will take a long time to get through it all.

• Like 1

Looks like you’ve been around for a while and have your griffon. Have you done all the living world story already?

Reason I ask, is that there are only specific missions required for the return achievements. Some multi-part ones, you only have to do the last instance.

That makes it considerably quicker than having to replay the entire story.

I thought doing the entire chain was fun. It doesn’t have the grindy parts that other leggies do where you find yourself mining meteors or doing all the hearts in one zone over and over.

IMO, it’s worth doing for never having to farm another ascended amulet, plus you’ll get a bunch of currency that can be spent on other ascended trinkets or put to one of the OW leggie trinkets if you already have skyscale.

• Thanks 1

So far each "return to X" achievement has taken around 3 hours for me to complete (from 0 to100%).

Here is the big tip tho, everytime when you have to Harvest/collect something, just swap characters once you have find all the easy and fast ones. Ores, plants etc are character bound but achievement is account bound. This will make it way faster.

• Like 1

I did each Return To on the night it came out (so no more than a few hours per). There was maybe 1 or 2 things that took some extra time (like waiting for a certain event, like the High Sage in Lake Doric, or the 12 bounties in Sandswept Isles (thanks to ambushes)).

Just note that you probably can't solo every single thing you need to do, so unless you find stuff like bounty trains, it can take extra time.

• Like 1