Pure OW PvE idea for legendary armor

Solvar.7953

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So now it's just throwing more rewards into already existing achievements which already have their own rewards. At least the predicted direction of "give me more no matter what" is consistent. 🙄

Ah no, sorry. "Give me more no matter what" is not how we call it here, it's "respecting player's time", that sure sounds better 😄

Didn't the same happen when the Instance comminuty whined towards the Devs to  double the rewards for CM strikes + Raids ?

Raid didn't need any more liquid money , because the best reward was the Armor

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

12 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

The rewards in those achievements aren't very good.  Specifically the expansion metas tend to give ascended trinkets, which are useless if you have legendaries (which is more likely to be the case for people who went to the effort to complete the expansion metas).

Besides, I specifically said that those metas would be cool as a way to unlock the collections.  Not to gift more rewards.

How about you drop the strawman personal attacks, and actually try to contribute positively to the discussion?  Your determination to paint everyone who supports this idea as lazy and/or greedy is really wearing thin.

Nothing I said there was a strawman or personal attack, instead it was a direct comment on what your post contained. Not sure why you're drawing the line of the usefulness of the rewards based on "if they have legendaries". If that's the point, then you get leggies and then what, quit the game? (not that those achievement's rewards are limited to just being ascended trinkets, but w/e)

And still nothing "lame" about having different long term goals depending on the players playtime/preferences https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121270-pure-pve-idea-for-legendary-armor/page/10/#comment-1755313

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nothing I said there was a strawman or personal attack, instead it was a direct comment on what your post contained. Not sure why you're drawing the line of the usefulness of the rewards based on "if they have legendaries". If that's the point, then you get leggies and then what, quit the game? (not that those achievement's rewards are limited to just being ascended trinkets, but w/e)

And still nothing "lame" about having different long term goals depending on the players playtime/preferences https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121270-pure-pve-idea-for-legendary-armor/page/10/#comment-1755313

I haven't thought about that if  i get the Legendary i quit the game

• Confused 2

So anyway, the usual detractors are not really worth your time here. Set the cost like the other paths, set up a thorough collection for the precursors, and go on our happy way. Give some consideration for economy effects, and treat open world players with a  bit of respect. As another poster said, the Armory can be a long term goal for everyone.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

19 minutes ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

As another poster said, the Armory can be a long term goal for everyone.

That's already the case, except -just like we saw in this thread- that long term goal is suddenly not worth it because it's too long.

16 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

No group gets more attention and more new content than open world players. 

Also true, trying to paint strictly OW players as some kind of devs' victims is so far off that I can't belive someone saying that would believe it themselves in the first place.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Bear.9568 said:

@CrashTestAuto.9108

You don't want to PvP or WvW or Raid to get legendary armor.

My question is why do you need it? Literally open world builds are status quo, they don't change.

Legendary gear is for those who play different content so we can swap builds depending on roles. It's not for casuals who spam 1111111 on world bosses. You can do that with exotic gear and reap the same rewards.

My advice is to play the game, stop suggesting top tier rewards be nerfed to casual level. Earn it just like the rest of us have and you'll be a better player and make some friends along the way.

(1) No one needs legendaries, for any mode.  They're a long term goal/reward that people like for different reasons.

(2) Open world players also like to swap builds.  Discouraging build experimentation until raid attempts really doesn't make sense even if they didn't.

(3) The fact that Legendary Weapons and Trinkets already exist in Open World kind of undermines your whole thesis.

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's already the case, except -just like we saw in this thread- that long term gold is suddenly not worth it because it's too long.

Well people are wasting money in Legendary weapons , so i don't believe the gold is a problem .

In matter of fact it will further reduce their gold wallet  and push players to use real cash

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

(1) No one needs legendaries, for any mode.  They're a long term goal/reward that people like for different reasons.

(2) Open world players also like to swap builds.  Discouraging build experimentation until raid attempts really doesn't make sense even if they didn't.

(3) The fact that Legendary Weapons and Trinkets already exist in Open World kind of undermines your whole thesis.

For me personally the legendary armor is very useful in WvW. I can easily change the role I am playing, support or DPS or if I am running in a Zerg or just roaming alone. In open world I don’t need all that and don’t have to change my build and gear. 
So maybe it is not about where legendary armor is needed but where it is useful. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

For me personally the legendary armor is very useful in WvW. I can easily change the role I am playing, support or DPS or if I am running in a Zerg or just roaming alone. In open world I don’t need all that and don’t have to change my build and gear. 

I mean, given that "Currently I am mostly playing WvW, fractals, strike missions and the DE meta. " that makes sense.

Maybe this discussion would be more useful if it was held by the people who actually play and care about this content?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I think I have deja vu here, because pretty sure this has already been pointed out:

7 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

True that nobody needs them, which is why it's fine as an optional long term goal whenever people decide to play more of the game's content other than the base ow one.

Exotics/ascended gear exists.

So you're free to limit yourself to ow to get the weapons and then -if you choose so- play more of the content the game has in order to have full legendaries. Don't want to? Ok, as already estrablished, there's no need to. Pretty sure that's the point of the previous gear tiers, as well as legendaries not giving you additional stats.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I mean, given that "Currently I am mostly playing WvW, fractals, strike missions and the DE meta. " that makes sense.

Maybe this discussion would be more useful if it was held by the people who actually play and care about this content?

I care about open world and I play open world content. No need to try to exclude me from the discussion. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

I think I have deja vu here, because pretty sure this has already been pointed out:

True that nobody needs them, which is why it's fine as an optional long term goal whenever people decide to play more of the game's content other than the base ow one.

So you're free to limit yourself to ow to get the weapons and then -if you choose so- play more of the content the game has in order to have full legendaries. Don't want to? Ok, as already estrablished, there's no need to.

Maybe you're getting deja vu because you keep answering statements no one has made?  Why are you telling me there's no need to get legendary armour when my first line was saying that no one needs legendary armour?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Open World PvE is in that list you quoted.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Don't pretend.
Every time the idea of an exotic stat-swap set was floated, the gimmes were outright against it, because "great, more grind" and "I already have exotic" and whatnot.
Given that, let's not act like "we want to swap builds" is remotely the reason here.

8 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

"You say we already have a lot, but the lot we do have proves you wrong in your claim that we shouldn't have everything! Ha!"
Jesus, this logic... Wow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

I care about open world and I play open world content. 

Except I just quoted you saying you mostly play WvW, Fractals, Strikes, and the DE Meta.  Obviously this isn't a mode you primarily run, and therefore it makes complete sense you wouldn't use stat switching often in it.  Maybe you should let people who primarily play Open World be the ones who determine how useful it is?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

It can be an optional long term goal in OW also.

People are free to choose Exotic vs  2000gold Armor .

So you're free to limit yourself to ow to get the weapons and then -if you choose so- play more of the content the game has in order to have full legendaries.

Well people , like "yone" already have aimed for  all the sets . Just like the majority like to unlock all the Legendary Weapons

• Confused 2

Maybe you're getting deja vu because you keep answering statements no one has made? 

Nope, I'm saying that because the points you included in your previous post were already answered in this thread. Most probably even directly to you.

Why are you telling me there's no need to get legendary armour when my first line was saying that no one needs legendary armour?

I'm not "telling you that". I said I agree. Is agreeing with something you said wrong or what's the issue here?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Every time the idea of an exotic stat-swap set was floated, the gimmes were outright against it, because "great, more grind" and "I already have exotic" and whatnot.

Cool, so how would you feel about just removing the Legendary Armour from all modes, and having exotic stat swapping instead?  It's "good enough", right?

Or do you just specifically want Open World players to be treated lesser, for some reason?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Except I just quoted you saying you mostly play WvW, Fractals, Strikes, and the DE Meta.  Obviously this isn't a mode you primarily run, and therefore it makes complete sense you wouldn't use stat switching often in it.  Maybe you should let people who primarily play Open World be the ones who determine how useful it is?

DE meta is open world PvE. You literally quoted him as saying that OW PvE is on his primary play list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1