DPI Scaling broken with most recent patch [Merged]

GEAR.6309

1 hour ago, Peachblow.2637 said:

According to other players, they've been having issues with this since the spring time. So... I guess we shouldn't hold our breath for a fix anytime soon. 😬

Different issue.  https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/116146-character-armor-and-weapons-preview-disappear-when-using-non-native-resolution-merged/?do=getNewComment

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have the same issue, but I change some setting in windows display to solve preview disappear issue.

I change the "scale and layout" of desktop display as 100%.

Setting -> Display -> Scale and layout -> 100%

The "scale and layout" of desktop will influence the Equipment Preview in game.

I do not change the resolution or DPI scaling setting of GW2.

GW2 is still playing in 4K, and the DPI scaling is actived.

If you feel the font and UI of windows desktop are too small to see.

You can like me to change the desktop resolution back to 1920 x 1080 to enlarge the font and UI.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm aware of this "fix" but it's not a good solution for those of us on 4k monitors.  Setting a 4k monitor to use full resolution, and 100% scale and layout, means that we can configure GW2 in two possible ways:  full resolution with a scaled up interface, or reduced resolution.  Either way sucks, and it's not a good situation that I need to re-configure how my whole Windows setup is handled just to get this one game to display properly.  

Edited by Hawken.7932
  • Like 1

The lack of acknowledgment from ArenaNet on this issue is pretty concerning, to be honest.  This is breaking a fairly important part of your game (UI) and appears to affect a significant amount of players.  Why not address it head-on and let the players know you're looking into this?  It seems to me that recent changes to how your UI is rendered is the culprit... so maybe revert these changes while you figure it out on your side?  That players can utilize the game's UI as intended is more important than whatever "improvements" you've added here.  Let's get it together already.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, abc.4918 said:

They did acknowledge it. Sept 15th, page 4 of this thread. If it was as easy as a small reversion I'm sure they would've done that already. Even if you're super cynical, this bug is surely costing them some gem store sales so it should be a priority to fix.

Apologies then... I skimmed this thread and, of course, missed that post.  If they're looking into it, I'm fine with that.  As mentioned earlier, setting DPI scaling to normal in Windows "fixes" this at the cost of eye strain for anyone with high resolution monitors.  The affect on gem store sales is a good point... I'm sure they'll fix this sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abc.4918 said:

They did acknowledge it. Sept 15th, page 4 of this thread. If it was as easy as a small reversion I'm sure they would've done that already. Even if you're super cynical, this bug is surely costing them some gem store sales so it should be a priority to fix.

Certainly "some". Hopefully significant enough to raise a flag (doubt it though). Else I fear it will be broken until the next major update.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:29 PM, KennyNi.3250 said:

I have the same issue, but I change some setting in windows display to solve preview disappear issue.

I change the "scale and layout" of desktop display as 100%.

Setting -> Display -> Scale and layout -> 100%

The "scale and layout" of desktop will influence the Equipment Preview in game.

I do not change the resolution or DPI scaling setting of GW2.

GW2 is still playing in 4K, and the DPI scaling is actived.

If you feel the font and UI of windows desktop are too small to see.

You can like me to change the desktop resolution back to 1920 x 1080 to enlarge the font and UI.

Thank you for posting this. This is the fix. The unfortunate part is that this is also not tenable for me as it makes the UI ungodly tiny. But this appears to be the disconnect. The windows UI scaling and GW2's UI scaling are not playing together correctly.

Bolding this post to hopefully draw some attention to it, since if this was not already known or was missed, this will go a long long ways in working on a solution.

1 hour ago, Ezekiel.1985 said:

Thank you for posting this. This is the fix. The unfortunate part is that this is also not tenable for me as it makes the UI ungodly tiny. But this appears to be the disconnect. The windows UI scaling and GW2's UI scaling are not playing together correctly.

Bolding this post to hopefully draw some attention to it, since if this was not already known or was missed, this will go a long long ways in working on a solution.

Is that different than unchecking DPI scaling in Options?