Thoughts on Reaper

Malus.2184

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

but you have to ask yourself:  Why?

Whats the goal behind this!? Why are you trying to even out the power.... whats the reasoning?!  Do you think this will improve gameplay?

So that the power difference between the two states will be less extreme than it is currently. This is overall bad for the Reaper spec that it's soextreme even though the player's dopamine levels like the vastly superior state over the vastly inferior state, It's neuromechanically a self-selecting function. People like Shroud because people like Shroud since it gives so much more than being without Shroud. It's circular reasoning.

1 hour ago, Malus.2184 said:

So that the power difference between the two states will be less extreme than it is currently. This is overall bad for the Reaper spec that it's soextreme even though the player's dopamine levels like the vastly superior state over the vastly inferior state, It's neuromechanically a self-selecting function. People like Shroud because people like Shroud since it gives so much more than being without Shroud. It's circular reasoning.

And that's exactly what we do not want, the less extreme difference between the two states. It's good the way it is. We can buff/nerf reaper in general, but we want to avoid standardising if we can. That's the only way to retain uniqueness of e-specs/builds/playstyles.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

So that the power difference between the two states will be less extreme than it is currently.

But thats literally what Reaper is about😂

i still do not see why you want to change the whole profession... because YOU think its better that way?

We like it the way it currently is. Thanks.

• Like 1

But thats literally what Reaper is about😂

i still do not see why you want to change the whole profession... because YOU think its better that way?

We like it the way it currently is. Thanks.

Yes it is, and that's where the issues stem from. That you're willing to ignore them based on your bias has no effect on them being there. A super boost is okay in a single-player game since anythingyou do will ultimately affect no other person. People can have their power fantasy in a single-player game, however, when it comes to content where you face other players that super boost is affecting other people and thus unacceptable since they pay as well. Of course people would like it as it as it is, it makes them happy that they become so super powerful for the duration that they ignore the moments without it where they have to be weakened severely in order to make it feel balanced. Feelings are subjective, objectively it's still unbalanced.

How do you feel when you play in the moments that you have no Shroud?

19 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

And that's exactly what we do not want, the less extreme difference between the two states. It's good the way it is. We can buff/nerf reaper in general, but we want to avoid standardising if we can. That's the only way to retain uniqueness of e-specs/builds/playstyles.

What is good about the way it is?

How do you feel when you play in the moments that you have no Shroud?

not being in shroud and trying to generate as much shroud as you can during that time is a fundamental part of Reapergameplay.

Why does everything have to be a unionized blob!? I do not see the problem with reaper gaining extra strength when being in shroud. That is not a problem. Thats the theme of the spec....

Whats next!?  Maybe i can open your eyes with a little example. I think this fits quite nicely. Imagine i would post this:

Elementalist has so much burndamage in fire, but no healing! And when he is in water, he has no burn at all, but alot of healing!!!!!

I suggest water should also have burning ! and Fire needs more healing!  i think its a problem that elemetalist has so much burn in fire and literally nothing in water. He should have burn and healing in both elements, otherwise there would be a big power difference when he is in fire compared to being in water! 

PLEASE CHANGE THAT!  /s

---  Then, people try to make reasonable points, telling you that its the profession mechanic and not a problem...-----

and your just like:

"How do you feel when you play in the moments that you need healing but you are in fire?" 😡

The "problem" that is being observed, is not a problem.... it is literally the class mechanic! 

Being in the right stance (Fire <-> Water | shroud <-> no shroud) at the right times, to bring out every bit of performance that the spec has to offer is what will seperate the good from the bad players.

There should be more burndamage in fire... same as there should be more healingoutput in water......   Same as Shroud should be more powerful as opposed to not being in shroud....  

Its up to you, the player, to make the best out of it.  If you cant.... dont play reaper.

Edited by Sahne.6950

What is good about the way it is?

he has literally answered your question already...

but we want to avoid standardising if we can. That's the only way to retain uniqueness of e-specs/builds/playstyles.

Not turning everything into the same standardised glob.... helps preserving the uniqueness of the e-specs.

The whole theme of Reaper is having a very powerfull, but shortlived shroud.

Thats not a problem... thats literally the core essence of Reaper.

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

not being in shroud and trying to generate as much shroud as you can during that time is a fundamental part of Reapergameplay.

While that does seem like answer it's an answer to a different question that I posed. And that is an answer in itself.

I'll try to explain what I mean with numbers, this is just an extremely simple expolanation of the general concept.

Ever Elite Spec/Profesion has a power score of 4

When someone goes without using their unique mechanic their power score is 1.5.

When someone uses their unique their mechanic power score is 2.5.

When a Reaper goes without using their unique mechanic their power score is 1.

When a Reaper uses their unique mechanic their power score is 3.

Higher number is always beter than the lower number.

This means that a Reaper without their unique mechanic is 0.5 lower than everyone else and will always lose, and when they use their unique mechanic it's 0.5 higher than everyone else and they will always win.

Elementalist has so much burndamage in fire, but no healing! And when he is in water, he has no burn at all, but alot of healing!!!!!

I suggest water should also have burning ! and Fire needs more healing!  i think its a problem that elemetalist has so much burn in fire and literally nothing in water. He should have burn and healing in both elements, otherwise there would be a big power difference when he is in fire compared to being in water! 

There are actual posts like this in the Ele subforum.

6 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

No. Re-read my posts.

Those are just justificatiions for your final argument which 

22 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

It gives you a playstyle. Which I like. That's all.

Which is an emotional argument despite how much you went on about logic in another post.

2 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

Those are just justificatiions for your final argument which 

Which is an emotional argument despite how much you went on about logic in another post.

This is awesome. If I'll ever grow to hate someone so much it's unhealthy, I'll tell them that debating you is a good idea.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

This is awesome. If I'll ever grow to hate someone so much it's unhealthy, I'll tell them that debating you is a good idea.

Again, you make no sense. Even in the context of trying to rile me up since what feels unhealthy to one can be normal to the next. Feelings are personal, only you have them the exacty same way you experience them.

Edited by Malus.2184

On 9/28/2022 at 2:23 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

give us a gm trait in soul reaping that reduces shroud cd by 5. that one trait will cement core necro and reaper as decent picks.

You know they removed a trait that reduced shroud CD by 2-3s because competitive modes players thought it was to strong, right?

11 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

with all the power creep now it wouldn't be too strong. maybe 5 sec is too much tho.

Nah, it's a matter of survivability. If such a trait effect make a comeback you can be sure that people will be back complaining that LF gen is too high and it make necromancer/reaper too hard to kill. The wound left by necromancer/reaper's high survivability after the feb2020 patch is still way to sensitive to allow this.