[PvE] Spellbreaker needs more love.

ZeftheWicked.3076

• Too weak dps to be offensive support.
  • obviously lacking tools to be defensive one.
  • boon hate is solid, but this feature is very situational
  • projectile hate stinks with 90s cd elite that creates 5s dome..
  • solid boon coverage still requires both tactics and discipline which kills dps into oblivion

And so spellbreaker is sprawled on a side of a road in a ditch, while the "non supportive" e-specs (Berserker and Bladesworn) get meta support builds (quickness).
This is just sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With double dagger and mostly diviner gear, you can easily be a decent offensive boon support with quickness as well as might and fury or whatever the party needs through banners. And dagger 5 kills projectiles, too.

And if you want pure damage you could also go full berzerker gear with 100% crit and full might stacks and still be tanky through 4% lifesteal on all damage and MMR.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKFBgih7lJw+YdMKGJOeX2veA-zRRYbBFAH9c+lREVQ6pgJTyoZAA-e

This build has nice damage, 100% quickness uptime and a lot of might generation. You also have 100% critchance if you have fury and just 1 stack of attackers insight, which pairs well with daggers, as they get bonus damage and might generation when their abilities crit.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

PvE Spellbreaker is benching 35k atm.

As far as support goes though, add Resolution to either Guard Counter or Revenge Counter and make both those traits grant their boons in an area. Additionally add to those traits that Meditation skills grant the same boons at a reduced duration.

STOP CHEWING you infernal lizard!

Erm, Joko apologizes, small overgrown handbag problems... nothing major Joko assures you.
That 35k benchmark sounds like devious sunspear propaganda. After recent thinning of their ranks they'll use any means of roping good loyal subjects into their doomed to fail "endev..   STOP CHEWING I SAID!!

...ugh.
Joko would like to see video proof of claimed achievement. Perhabs a raid on their base is in order.. for the good of Elona of course..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

STOP CHEWING you infernal lizard!

Erm, Joko apologizes, small overgrown handbag problems... nothing major Joko assures you.
That 35k benchmark sounds like devious sunspear propaganda. After recent thinning of their ranks they'll use any means of roping good loyal subjects into their doomed to fail "endev..   STOP CHEWING I SAID!!

...ugh.
Joko would like to see video proof of claimed achievement. Perhabs a raid on their base is in order.. for the good of Elona of course..

Chew harder Aurene. Get him, girl.

There is a hammer version as well btw.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Chew harder Aurene. Get him, girl.

There is a hammer version as well btw.

So they finally buffed the numbers that much to a point where you are just playing core warrior but take spellbreaker for the multipliers. I'm with the Lich on this one and I will one up it Spelbreaker is kitten mechanically cause it doesn't do anything new in PVE. This seems totally opposite of BS since the spec has 0 fun RP factor for PVE. This might be the most boring Elite spec in the game, like its mechanics are almost useless.
I hate that they went in the laziest possible way to make it "viable" as DPS instead of giving it actual purpose, I know they made it last minute for PoF and have kitten all to work with but they could have spiced it up a little.    

54 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

So they finally buffed the numbers that much to a point where you are just playing core warrior but take spellbreaker for the multipliers. I'm with the Lich on this one and I will one up it Spelbreaker is kitten mechanically cause it doesn't do anything new in PVE. This seems totally opposite of BS since the spec has 0 fun RP factor for PVE. This might be the most boring Elite spec in the game, like its mechanics are almost useless.
I hate that they went in the laziest possible way to make it "viable" as DPS instead of giving it actual purpose, I know they made it last minute for PoF and have kitten all to work with but they could have spiced it up a little.    

I mean that has more to do with what they can and cannot do/replace with the base profession mechanic being so limited. At least bladesworn radically altered the mechanic, if albeit with bad design flaws and slew of bugs.

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

It is using a dagger, and it's getting the smaller bursts, so not quite the same. And against an enemy that attacks back you might even get Full Counter.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

It is using a dagger, and it's getting the smaller bursts, so not quite the same. And against an enemy that attacks back you might even get Full Counter.

If Arms wasn't that bad for power you can change dagger to axe and the elite to signet and do the same rotation.

25 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

they need a skill to self proc full counter

One of the grandmasters should eat it and change the skill to something like the Vindicator GS block, Revenge Counter fits here. Still ends up as core warrior + Guardian Protector's Strike as burst but at least you can use it whenever you want now.

If we are going Special Rework rule of cool I suggest giving it Spear Kit, maybe as a trade of it locks your Elite skill slot which also enables Anet to add traits to support it like they can do for BS(another miss for BS) since you will always have the kit. 

49 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

they need a skill to self proc full counter

A double tap while using full counter to self proc would be perfect. Maybe doing 75% damage on self proc and scaling to even higher damage based on the amount that was blocked to go to a 200-300% max would be awesome maybe lower if that is too broken but just throwing an idea out here.

18 hours ago, ButterPeanut.9746 said:

Its also getting better next patch with the berserker's power change. Should be right around 36k next week with definitely over a 50k burst in the first 20%. It also generates some group might and some minor quickness. Not a bad melee DPS slot. 

why berserkers power is getting buffed. is only good for the first secs then its the same total. yes its 4 stacks but total % is the same.

2 hours ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

why berserkers power is getting buffed. is only good for the first secs then its the same total. yes its 4 stacks but total % is the same.

Two reasons:

- It will now only take two burst skills on spellbreaker to reach 4/4 stacks, but currently two burst skills gets you to 2/3 stacks. This means that the highest part of the burst (i.e. the first 5-10s) will burst more, which can greatly inflate the benchmark due to how good the tactics 20% modifier is. 

- There are specific points in the current rotation where you can see it drops from 3/3 stacks to 2/3 stacks. Because of how the new Berserker's Power will work, once it reaches 4/4 stacks it should never drop below 4/4 stacks throughout the rest of the rotation, because 2 currently = 4 post patch. 

The first point impacts the burst which is the large impact, the second point impacts a smaller part of the total damage in the rotation, but both of these together combined should be able to account for ~700 total DPS across the benchmark, which is all that is needed to hit 36k. Maybe it comes a bit short, but I can easily see that rotation going from 35.3k -> 36k.