Collision abuse

Bast.7253

So if you send someone into a wall and the entire team refuses to kill them. (And you don't want to risk getting dishonor by logging out because it HAS happened.) Is this not technically match manipulation?

Just curious. I mean realistically they would just fix the game and prevent this from happening but I know that's asking entirely too much.

• Confused 1

/stuck actually doesn't always work.

1. If people strike you, doesn't work. People who know you are trying to /stuck, can troll you and reset your /stuck with a single auto 1 and keep you there until you log out.
  2. I've had times where no one was around, I wasn't talking in chat or pushing any buttons at all, but /stuck just didn't work. I dunno, it's buggy.

It's definitely a command that needs to be polished up. After you type /stuck, it should only take like 15 seconds to reset you and it should do it regardless of if you type anything else or get struck. You shouldn't be forced into eating dishonor for a log-out.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

doesn't /stuck for some reason take 30 seconds or something?

It does, and if anything happens to your char in that 30 seconds, you have to restart the timer. 
Imo it should instantly kill you and put you on a 30+ second respawn but... that would be too simple of a solution.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

it does, because otherwise you could just type "stuck" to bypass bleeding.

Bleeding is a trash gimmick resulting from a half-baked system anyway.  Plenty of games which, respectively, are infinitely faster and/or slower than GW2 feature killbinds because knowing how to optimally use limited time is the mark of good decision-making.  A "mechanic" which actively forces players to not play the game is petty and contrived; and denying players the ability to manage their time in a structured match only locks off a facet of skill which other games generally feature in the open.  If anyone would argue that enabling players to make this decision for themselves is "unfair" on some level, they've probably just been broken by GW2's oppressive facade of esoteric nonsense which masks its shallow nature.

For instance, imagine how needlessly dumb and boring Age of Empires would be without a resign button.  Maybe go watch Team Fortress 2 "Ultiduo" matches and watch how often people killbind (or how often a commentator recommends that a player ought to have killbinded).  That skill threshold is denied in GW2 for no real reason aside from the fact that anet doesn't really know what they're doing, and the vocal playerbase elements just want a super easy game lmao

Edited by Swagg.9236
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

just relog you dont actually get dishonor even though it says you do, you only get it if you stay gone for 90 seconds

with my connection that can sometimes take longer. Sometimes loading screens take that alone. Thus why I’m hesitant and understand when others are.

but I haven’t tried /stuck yet. I know back in hot dragon hunters used to abuse this a lot but it only happens ever so often now. Once it was catalyst hammer air 4 that sent me through it. 🤬

Kylo in general seems to have a lot of these spots.